Jasmine23

No longer fun..... (?)

20 posts in this topic

Hey ladies and gents....

No offense to our site creator at all.

I've been mostly M.I.A because the site isn't like it used to be in my opinion. I feel bored and like there'ssomething missing. Am I the only one? 

4 people like this

You're not the only one. The site would be better if more people posted. 

Doesn't seem like people post as much as they did 2-3 years ago. 

I only constantly visit this site so I can read all the new posts, but since people don't post that much anymore...

Seems this site has been slow for the past year or so. Hopefully it picks up sometime.

3 people like this

It's mostly because of the gossiping that people don't post. You start to realize that this board is pretty cold to most people. In fact there are so many lurkers that you somewhat get scared of what you post. It's hard to be yourself when there is always some other person here who wants to judge you.

@Jasmine23 It's true, it has become boring around here. It's because I'm no longer posting my crazy and moronic thoughts as much. But I can change that :P

11 people like this

1 minute ago, Invincible said:

@Jasmine23 It's true, it has become boring around here. It's because I'm no longer posting my crazy and moronic thoughts as much. But I can change that :P

Oh do tell... I bet my insanity is worse than yours, lol.

2 people like this

Lol well it's not gossip if it's true. :P

Vince that would be amazing. You come up with some awesome stuff!

1 person likes this

I was long gone for a long time because I kept trying to make time (and energy) to be social but I just couldn't do it!
And then I came back and, like you said, no one's posting lol. I think a generation of this site have gone off and gotten married and now it's us "young" ones who have to keep it alive =]

1 person likes this

I wasn't around for a while, but I'm back and trying to get involved again. :)

2 people like this

I'll be here as long as I can be.

I'll outlast all of you, lol.

1 person likes this

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 1:25 PM, Ringer said:

It's mostly because of the gossiping that people don't post. You start to realize that this board is pretty cold to most people. In fact there are so many lurkers that you somewhat get scared of what you post. It's hard to be yourself when there is always some other person here who wants to judge you.

I went through that phase a while ago. Then I realized being a white male made me wrong regardless of reason or logic to the masses so I just post and say whatever. :lol: It's very freeing. Especially in the real world. A lot more people think exactly the way I do than I ever thought.

On February 22, 2017 at 2:28 PM, Invincible said:

I miss your thoughts, lol. 

1 person likes this

I initially joined this site because I was stuck on a sex-crazed college campus, while I was in a LDR with the only person I'd ever kissed. I felt very "other" socially for that reason, so it was really nice to be able to get validation from other people who shared my more traditional views about dating, marriage, and family.

THEN...I graduated and moved much closer to my boyfriend, so that initial reason I joined was no longer an issue in my life, and I kinda stopped posting. :P I do lurk, but...sometimes it's just hard to come up with stuff to write about without feeling like I'm repeating one of my other 1,000+ posts here. ;)

3 people like this

I think there comes a point where you have mostly said all you have to say on the issue of waiting until marriage. I know other issues are discussed here, but talking about waiting is my main interest in the forums. I still pop into chat here and there, but I rarely post since I don't feel the need to rehash my views further on here. If any of the new members know about a magical place where you can meet virgins to marry, I'm all ears, though, haha.

4 people like this

Yeah... We need more posts... But I think we lost a lot of members when wtm.org became a dead link, and people assumed the site was offline...

On 2017-10-16 at 0:22 PM, Dave1985 said:

Yeah... We need more posts... But I think we lost a lot of members when wtm.org became a dead link, and people assumed the site was offline...

It's not a dead link though...

http://waitingtillmarriage.org is there, just as it's always been :)

16 hours ago, CrystalFaerie said:

It's not a dead link though...

http://waitingtillmarriage.org is there, just as it's always been :)

But I always used the abbreviated version, wtm.org. It was a direct link to waitingtillmarriage.org... I briefly thought the site was gone when wtm.org linked to godaddy.com...

45 minutes ago, Dave1985 said:

But I always used the abbreviated version, wtm.org. It was a direct link to waitingtillmarriage.org... I briefly thought the site was gone when wtm.org linked to godaddy.com...

Ah right. I didn't know wtm.org used to lead here. My bad!

2 people like this