Mike

Suggest Books

36 posts in this topic

The Single Woman by: Mandy Hale!

Really good for single waiting women.....

Another one I like is the River of Time series by Lisa T. Bergren. She is a Christian author but her books are not in your face with her beliefs. Its about two sisters that travel back in time to medieval Italy. Its a book about love, family and loyalty and I think it is a must read.

I love this series! It's definitely one of my favorite series ever, and I was about to suggest it. :) I'm reading it again right now, actually. Can't wait until the last book comes out later this year!

I love this series! It's definitely one of my favorite series ever, and I was about to suggest it. :) I'm reading it again right now, actually. Can't wait until the last book comes out later this year!

The books are amazing and one of my favorite series as well and I really wish it were being made into a movie. I didn't know she was writing another book! Do you know when it is coming out?

The movie or book Silverlinings Playbook. The characters fall in love without sex. The girl was a sleep around for a while after her husband died. The man, doesn't take the chance she gave him to take advantage of her. It's actually really sweet.

Book of A Thousand Days: A lady and her maid are locked in a tower for several years. The maid falls for a prince and the lady... well, you have to read it to fully understand. I loved it, it is clean. By Shannon Hale.

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. Fairest, by the same author and the Two Princesses of Barmare.

I recently read A Return to Modesty by Wendy Shalit and thought it was great. The author is spot-on about the state of women's sexuality in the modern age and how we're exploiting it. She advocates a return to modesty in all facets of life, not just sexually. I agreed with much of what she wrote and I devoured that book in about 3 days.

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children Trilogy.

There is romance and they cuddle (in all clothes) while sleeping, but they don't have sex.

The Lunar Chronciels by Marissa Meyer are amazing. They are a retelling of famous fairytales with an amazing sci-fi twist. Each of the four books is based off of Cinderella, Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel and Snow White. The stories of these four protagonists eventually merge together and try to ward off the evil Levana, who is a lunar queen on the Moon, trying to take over the Earth. Just amazing. [There is romance involved but does not involve sex]

The Selection by Kiera Cass. Is actually written by a Christian author, though it is not a Christian novel. It is about a futuristic America now called Illea which is ruled under a monarchy. When the prince comes of age, he hosts a Selection, which is basically a contest to find a new bride. Very sweet and simple and romantic. [involves a lot of romance but absolutely nothing past some making out] 

The Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie. Set in a futuristic world where sixteen year olds get their 'ideal matches' for life chosen for them. When a young girl does eventually fall in love, it changes everything. [Romance but nothing sexual]

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. For obvious reasons. 

Divergent by Veronica Roth. In futuristic Chicago which is divided up into five factions based on people's best traits (Abnegation - Selfless, Dauntless - Courageous, Candor - Honest, Erudite - Smart, Amity - Peaceful) but when Tris finds out she's Divergent things get a little shaken up. DON'T JUDGE THE BOOKS BASED ON THE MOVIES [There is little to no sexual stuff in the first two books but in the third there is a scene that can be interpreted as there being sex or not - the author explicitly said she wanted it to be left up to the imagination of her readers - she is Christian btw]

The Host by Stephenie Meyer. Aliens have taken over Earth and have inhabited human hosts. DO NOT JUDGE BOOK BECAUSE STEPHENIE MEYER WROTE IT. [Other than one scene where there is a girl who suggests having sex to a guy there is little to no sexual references]

- I read a lot