Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WakeUp&BeAwesome

Three religions. One house.

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

in Berlin, Germany there are plans for a sacral building, which will unite a mosque, a church and a synagogue under one roof. Start of the consctruction is presumably in 2019.
The rooms for the particular religions are going to be separate from eachother (not mixed!) and in the middle there is going to be a fourth room, a room of encounter. So if you want to go to the mosque, synagogue or church, you need to enter this fourth room first.

Other plans for this building encompass for example a library and activities and presentations where people can learn about the different religions. The house is going to be open to non-religious people as well, to people who might have questions or are seeking.

If you want to learn more, here is the website with much information and some videos. Just click on "Project", "Engage", "Activities" or "Organization" to learn more.

https://house-of-one.org/en

What do you think about this project?

If you are religious (or even non-religious) would you participate in this project? And later, would you theoretically go to such a building in the mosque/church/synagogue? Why yes? Why no?

I am curious to hear your general thoughts about this :-)

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WakeUp&BeAwesome said:

Hello everyone,

in Berlin, Germany there are plans for a sacral building, which will unite a mosque, a church and a synagogue under one roof. Start of the consctruction is presumably in 2019.
The rooms for the particular religions are going to be separate from eachother (not mixed!) and in the middle there is going to be a fourth room, a room of encounter. So if you want to go to the mosque, synagogue or church, you need to enter this fourth room first.

Other plans for this building encompass for example a library and activities and presentations where people can learn about the different religions. The house is going to be open to non-religious people as well, to people who might have questions or are seeking.

If you want to learn more, here is the website with much information and some videos. Just click on "Project", "Engage", "Activities" or "Organization" to learn more.

https://house-of-one.org/en

What do you think about this project?

If you are religious (or even non-religious) would you participate in this project? And later, would you theoretically go to such a building in the mosque/church/synagogue? Why yes? Why no?

I am curious to hear your general thoughts about this :-)

 

Thank you for having posted this...I think that's a very interesting subject actually...

But I think my opinion on the subject might not be very popular.

I didn't know this project you talked about...

I think this project sets the tone with what some theologians call "One world religion" and mentionned in the Bible.

The Bible says that at the end of times, there will be a unique religion for the whole world and that everybody will worship the devil in this religion, except the true children of God. 

It will be a deception from the devil, in order to lead people into thinking that religions can coexist in harmony, without following the true Word of God, the Bible.

The following link gives more details about it :

https://www.gotquestions.org/one-world-religion.html

Edit : I wanted to add, that I think that there are wonderful people with great values and great principles  either in Catholicism, Islamism or other -ism... and I appreciate those people...but I do disagree with the theologies in those religions that don't agree with the Bible. And even if I love people as God wants me to do, I simply reject the things that are not in agreement with the Bible. Truth is the most important thing.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your answer!

I don´t know, though, what made you think of an One World Religion in regards to this particular project. I don´t know if you have seen the website I mentioned.

A One World Religion is exactly what this project is not about. It emphasizes that everyone should stay in his/her religion and in the associated traditions within that particular religion. A Christian should stay a Christian, a Jew should stay a Jew and a Muslim should stay a Muslim. That is why there is going to be a separarate synagogue, a separate church and a separate mosque. But nevertheless the building could be an opportunity to learn with and from eachother and just to get to know eachother and eachothers beliefs better.

Presumably there might be interreligious prayers where people from all faiths pray for a matter. In this project in particular there is every year a gathering of the three religions to commemorate the victims of 9/11. Just an example. Interreligious efforts are nothing new, though.

I think interreligious dialogue is a highly important issue and I`d rather live in a world where the members of different religions would live together in peace than to hate and fight eachother.

Will this project work out? Who knows. That is why I am curious what people think on here, so thanks again for your answer. I appreciate it!

On ‎17‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 4:00 PM, Géraldine said:

This sounds very very very dark and frightening. Thanks for the link.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WakeUp&BeAwesome said:

Thanks for your answer!

I don´t know, though, what made you think of an One World Religion in regards to this particular project. I don´t know if you have seen the website I mentioned.

A One World Religion is exactly what this project is not about. It emphasizes that everyone should stay in his/her religion and in the associated traditions within that particular religion. A Christian should stay a Christian, a Jew should stay a Jew and a Muslim should stay a Muslim. That is why there is going to be a separarate synagogue, a separate church and a separate mosque. But nevertheless the building could be an opportunity to learn with and from eachother and just to get to know eachother and eachothers beliefs better.

Presumably there might be interreligious prayers where people from all faiths pray for a matter. In this project in particular there is every year a gathering of the three religions to commemorate the victims of 9/11. Just an example. Interreligious efforts are nothing new, though.

I think interreligious dialogue is a highly important issue and I`d rather live in a world where the members of different religions would live together in peace than to hate and fight eachother.

Will this project work out? Who knows. That is why I am curious what people think on here, so thanks again for your answer. I appreciate it!

This sounds very very very dark and frightening. Thanks for the link.

You're welcome :)

I'm glad that you appreciated my answer ^^

Yes, I saw the website you mentionned and I still think that it's a deception.

Don't get me wrong: I really like the idea of different religions living together in peace, rather than to hate and fight each other. That would be absolutely amazing and I think it's a great thing. Jesus has asked us to love everybody, whatever the religions. But that doesn't mean we should agree on each aspect of theologies, especially when it is in disagreement with the Bible, with the will of God.

So, what I think, is that project is a project that, in appearance, will lead people of different religions to be together and to learn from each other...and to be honest, I think that's a great thing.

What worries me, is that underneath this supposed gathering of different religions, they will lead people, little by little, into thinking :" Why not building a unique religion where there will be no longer the need to follow only Jesus? But also all the other leaders as Buddha, etc...?"

And that's really an issue, when knowing that God says Jesus is THE ONLY WAY. There is no other.

So, I think their hidden agenda is to lead people progressively into this  https://www.gotquestions.org/one-world-religion.html as I already mentionned in the previous post.

And as you said it yourself, it's quite dark and frightening, but those are the times we live in, and it's better to be aware of it, in order to anticipate every trap that could come along the way, and avoid them.

So, I don't know if I managed to be clear here to better explain my point of view. I hope I did, if not, you can ask me again. I will try my best :)

Thank you very much fr your interest ^^

Between : I want to say that I really love every kind of people in general...whatever the religion...I just don't allow myself to accept everything that is contrary to the Bible, but that doesn't mean I reject the persons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course! I am just interested in people´s opinions about this.

Although I can´t see any signs of a deception, hidden agenda or the motivation to form a One World Religion in this particular project, I try to understand where you are coming from.

I guess, I need to think some things through you mentioned.

Thanks again!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WakeUp&BeAwesome said:

Of course! I am just interested in people´s opinions about this.

Although I can´t see any signs of a deception, hidden agenda or the motivation to form a One World Religion in this particular project, I try to understand where you are coming from.

I guess, I need to think some things through you mentioned.

Thanks again!

 

You're welcome :)

I'm sorry if my opinion is not clear...but I confess that for the moment I don't know how to better explain it...

Anyway, thanks again for having brought this subject...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Géraldine said:

You're welcome :)

I'm sorry if my opinion is not clear...but I confess that for the moment I don't know how to better explain it...

Anyway, thanks again for having brought this subject...

Oh, don´t worry ^_^

You made it clear. I am just not sure yet, what I should think about this One World Religion...

But thanks again for your input!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be kinda odd...Not sure what halakha says about this.

I do know that a Jew should not pray in a church, but can pray in a mosque, should there be no synagogue available. It's due to the Muslim's belief in the absolute oneness of G-d. Christians do not believe in this, as a whole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Revan

Why odd?

The holy rooms will be separated. So Jews pray in the synagogue, Muslims in the mosque and Christians in the church. It is all separated. Just to make it clear again.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0