drea93

Praying For Your Future Spouse

8 posts in this topic

Hey I just had a quick question for anyone on this forum who might be doing this too, praying for your future spouse. I read this amazing book called Lady in Waiting about praying and preparing for your future spouse and I was just wondering if there were other people who were doing this as well. I don't know if this is common or just something strange that I am doing. I just wanted to see if anyone else had heard of praying for their spouse and was doing it and wanted to chat about it. Do you pray for your future spouse? If so what do you pray about for them? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I certainly do! Though I haven't read the book...is there a Gentleman in Waiting? Though I guess he's supposed to do the initiating so....Gentleman in Pursuit?? Hehe

I pray that God fills her with his wisdom and love, guides and protects her. To prepare her for me as He prepares me for her. And, well, that we find each other....<_<

What do you pray about for him?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/02/2017 at 0:20 AM, drea93 said:

Hey I just had a quick question for anyone on this forum who might be doing this too, praying for your future spouse. I read this amazing book called Lady in Waiting about praying and preparing for your future spouse and I was just wondering if there were other people who were doing this as well. I don't know if this is common or just something strange that I am doing. I just wanted to see if anyone else had heard of praying for their spouse and was doing it and wanted to chat about it. Do you pray for your future spouse? If so what do you pray about for them? 

I think it's a good thing to pray for your future spouse. However, I think even more interesting the opinion of the lady in the video :

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Géraldine said:

I think it's a good thing to pray for your future spouse. However, I think even more interesting the opinion of the lady in the video :

 

Thank you so much for posting this video, this lady made some wonderful points and marriage and loving Jesus first. It is true that too often women today are making idols of marriage and making demands of God. I do like the idea of praying for your husband and I don't think there is anything wrong with it but that is as long as God is kept first and you seek him first. This really was a great video and some very interesting opinions to think about...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard about it before. I've even borrowed and flipped though this book from the library a couple of times that's aimed at younger women and it's about praying for your future husband, but I haven't actually done it myself. 

I wouldn't pray for my husband though, and I don't pray anyway. If I did pray for him, I would pray that he finds some other nice woman to marry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, drea93 said:

Thank you so much for posting this video, this lady made some wonderful points and marriage and loving Jesus first. It is true that too often women today are making idols of marriage and making demands of God. I do like the idea of praying for your husband and I don't think there is anything wrong with it but that is as long as God is kept first and you seek him first. This really was a great video and some very interesting opinions to think about...

You're welcome my dear sister, :)

I'm very happy that you have been blessed by this video. It has been a blessing for me also. May God help us to seek His Kingdom first fors His glory :)

12 hours ago, Amber Elizabeth said:

I wouldn't pray for my husband though, and I don't pray anyway. If I did pray for him, I would pray that he finds some other nice woman to marry. 

ahahaha:lol::lol: you really made me laugh with this one...

12 hours ago, Amber Elizabeth said:

 

I've heard about it before. I've even borrowed and flipped though this book from the library a couple of times that's aimed at younger women and it's about praying for your future husband, but I haven't actually done it myself. 

 

Thank you very much for your answer ...I didn't know this book..it seems interesting....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started to pray for finding a husband years ago. I went about it the wrong way. I made a list of demands to God about what I wanted in a man. I thought I was doing the right thing until I read the book "When God Writes Your Love Story". It says that you should surrender your love life to Jesus, the Author of Love, and wait patiently for your future spouse. There's an entire chapter on loving your spouse before you meet them in there. Great read. I started praying for my future husband's general well-being, for him to become morally strong, for him to find Jesus if he hasn't already... Things like that :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SugarAndSpice said:

I started to pray for finding a husband years ago. I went about it the wrong way. I made a list of demands to God about what I wanted in a man. I thought I was doing the right thing until I read the book "When God Writes Your Love Story". It says that you should surrender your love life to Jesus, the Author of Love, and wait patiently for your future spouse. There's an entire chapter on loving your spouse before you meet them in there. Great read. I started praying for my future husband's general well-being, for him to become morally strong, for him to find Jesus if he hasn't already... Things like that :)

I've read the book too ! I did enjoy the read. Eric and Leslie LUDY are a great example for me. I really like their authenticity and the fact that even if thet aren't perfect they try their best to live a holy life before God and to lead people into doing the same.

I do admire them and I'm inspired by their love for God.

I like the articles Leslie LUDY writes in "Set Apart Girl". I've also read the book they wrote together : "The first 90 days of marriage". Really great. 

They also wrote a song and they sing together (I like it): 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now