Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rihhana

It was my younger sister's engagement party last night

7 posts in this topic

Hi Girlzz

I'm 25 and my younger sis is 21 . It was her engagement party last night .( i also have another sister who is 34 and she has also gotten married when she was 22 , i don't have any brother , just to give you guys my whole family tree haha )... I have had some weird feelings during last few weeks, not to compare myself or being jealous or ... , I was really happy for my sis and the whole family last night and danced and enjoyed a lot but , i have this constant feeling of being lonelier than before :( If I had a boyfriend or had been in a relationship , it could be easier somehow , but because I'm currently 100% single , it's making the situation harder. I have a great self confidence , I know that I'm a beautiful strong girl, but I still sometimes have these bad feelings , I just wanted to ask you girls , have you ever been in similar situation ? or what would be your reactions and feeling if one day you had the same situation ... is it normal to feel a lil bit sad? any advice ? ...

Ps : I'm also having a hard time talking to God . lol . if you have any religious advice , don't hesitate.

4 people like this

Hey beautiful Rihhana :)

Thank you for sharing with us ...

I fully understand your feelings... I confess that I don't have the answer to all your questions...but I totally understand how you feel and I think that's a litte normal to feel a bit sad.

But it's a temporary situation.

I think it's like you have a period of mourning to experiment.  I explain myself.

We can use the expression "period of mourning" when we have lost someone who was important for us. This loss can be because of death, or break up, or someone who moved house...etc...

We also talk about "period of mourning" when we have lost something that was important for us : a job, a project, a company...

In your case, you have this "period of mourning" because your relationship with your little sister will never be the same again. It will still be a beautiful relationship, simply different...and that's perfectly normal that you have to adapt to this new situation. So don't blame yourself...but don't allow yourself to remain in this state of mind forever either.^_^

Now, the most important thing: your relationship with God :)

I don't know what to say to help you in this area... I will try my best...

I think that there is no coincidence in life, especially for those who believe in God, and put their trust in Him. Even if you are experiencing a painful or difficult situation in life, God promises that everything contributes to the good of those who put their trust in Him.

And God enjoys to have intimacy with us, He enjoys when we share our hearts, our feelings with Him...as we do with close friends, with people we trust.

So, whenever you feel sad, frustrated or angry because of a situation in your life, my advice is : don't hesitate to tell this frankly to God. That's what I do :)

And then, I ask Him His divine help in order that I can be able to see the situation through His eyes. And, that I can find the solutions. And God is so faithful, HE ALWAYS ANSWERS ME. Always. Sometimes, He doesn't answer right away...but He always answers in the perfect moment, when I most need it. And I have so many testimonies of how God has comforted me, has showed me solutions and has done things for me...GOD IS AWESOME ! God is Awwww! 

GOD is amazing and He makes everything beautiful in its time... So, I talk to God as my bestfriend and I trust in Him for every area in my life...And I have never been disappointed...

So, I pray for you precious Rihhana . I pray that God can comfort you in this particular season of your life. I pray that you can see things in the way that God sees them and that this situation can bring you closer to the heart of God in the name of Jesus. Amen.

I hope the best for you

Blessing

3 people like this

Thanksss my drear Garaldine. Tnx for your beautiful comment:) yes nothing is without reason in this world , and i m absolutely certain about that.

Yes i hope that your prayer comes true:

I pray that you can see things in the way that God sees them.

Tnx a million:)

1 person likes this

Hi, 

I have an older brother who as lived with two girlfriends and has a kid from each. I never felt lonely or sad or worried etc but I think that was because he was older and I never wanted to be in that situation with a "baby daddy" anyway. However as we got older and I passed the age at which he had his first kid I did feel a little sad for this thinking "I'm this old now and still never kissed never been in love" and cute babies making me broody lol.

In the last year my younger brother and his girlfriend had a baby and are living together and I am kinda jealous but not in a spiteful way they are different than my older brother. My younger brother is truely besotted with the mother of his child and I'm hoping they will get married. My younger sister 8 years my junior is also in a relationship and again I feel like wow I'd never even had a crush at her age. Makes me feel a bit like I am being left behind sometimes.

When I think about it though it's not about age because we are all individuals and have different outlooks, prospects, priorities etc. 

I think it is harder when I felt like I really wanted a relationship but as I am now I don't care so much I still hope to find that kind of love one day get married and have kids but right now I'm enjoying my life as it is. 

I don't think this is very helpful but at least you know others have similar experiences/feelings maybe. 

I'm going to be 25 this year btw.

1 person likes this

On 4/7/2017 at 3:41 PM, BEKKI said:

Hi, 

I have an older brother who as lived with two girlfriends and has a kid from each. I never felt lonely or sad or worried etc but I think that was because he was older and I never wanted to be in that situation with a "baby daddy" anyway. However as we got older and I passed the age at which he had his first kid I did feel a little sad for this thinking "I'm this old now and still never kissed never been in love" and cute babies making me broody lol.

In the last year my younger brother and his girlfriend had a baby and are living together and I am kinda jealous but not in a spiteful way they are different than my older brother. My younger brother is truely besotted with the mother of his child and I'm hoping they will get married. My younger sister 8 years my junior is also in a relationship and again I feel like wow I'd never even had a crush at her age. Makes me feel a bit like I am being left behind sometimes.

When I think about it though it's not about age because we are all individuals and have different outlooks, prospects, priorities etc. 

I think it is harder when I felt like I really wanted a relationship but as I am now I don't care so much I still hope to find that kind of love one day get married and have kids but right now I'm enjoying my life as it is. 

I don't think this is very helpful but at least you know others have similar experiences/feelings maybe. 

I'm going to be 25 this year btw.

Yes Bekki you're experiencing kindaa the same situation as me ... 

I think it's all about our attitude and the way we think and see the world ... so far i m feeling much betterrrrr and enjoying my life as it is ! just like you 

tnx for sharing your story <3

1 person likes this

On 2/10/2017 at 10:39 AM, rihhana said:

Hi Girlzz

I'm 25 and my younger sis is 21 . It was her engagement party last night .( i also have another sister who is 34 and she has also gotten married when she was 22 , i don't have any brother , just to give you guys my whole family tree haha )... I have had some weird feelings during last few weeks, not to compare myself or being jealous or ... , I was really happy for my sis and the whole family last night and danced and enjoyed a lot but , i have this constant feeling of being lonelier than before :( If I had a boyfriend or had been in a relationship , it could be easier somehow , but because I'm currently 100% single , it's making the situation harder. I have a great self confidence , I know that I'm a beautiful strong girl, but I still sometimes have these bad feelings , I just wanted to ask you girls , have you ever been in similar situation ? or what would be your reactions and feeling if one day you had the same situation ... is it normal to feel a lil bit sad? any advice ? ...

Ps : I'm also having a hard time talking to God . lol . if you have any religious advice , don't hesitate.

Hi rihhanna,

Honestly you look pretty attractive so I don't understand how you are single in the first place lol. I think with our current generation a relationship= sex tbh and its very sad but true and I totally understand the way you feel. It doesn't matter where in the world you are that seems to be the norm for the current young adult generation. I have guys like me but they either don't want to date me because of the waiting thing or they lead me on and cheat behind my back. There are very few men who are willing to respect you and trust me when you are not looking the right person should come along. And yes it does get lonely but I guess see this days of you being single as a sign that God wants you to work on yourself and your goals. A lot of people will get married, engaged, be in a serious relationship but trust me a lot of those people are just settling down for whatever comes along their way. I have a friend who married someone whom she met on facebook, whom she had only dated for about 6 months. She literally went to visit him and came back engaged. ( Red flag like you had a ring ready for her right away).  She is also younger than me and he is much older than us and maybe she did find her soulmate but I thought the whole thing was rushed because she was afraid she wouldn't find anyone else. And now she acts like he is the only person who matters and has completely shut me out of her life. Her being in a relationship did bother me but now it doesn't because I know this person had some serious problems of her own and she thinks that this guy would solve her problems. But being in a relationship doesn't make you happy, happiness comes from within you! 

So I just shared this with you because people around you will settle down for whatever comes their way and you will constantly be surrounded by people dating all the time. This is why divorces and breakups happen because half the time people are not dating the right person. But just know that some people are not as strong as you to stand on their own and stick to high standards whatever they are. 

About last year I was very lost and confused and I too was having trouble talking to God. I was looking for a relationship which I regret doing now tbh because I know the guys will show interest but immediately turn me down because of the waiting till marriage thing. Now I am just focusing on myself, my career and my relationship with God. I go to a church regularly where I don't meet guys to date but meet more people who have similar values. I keep myself busy with my job and I am getting ready move to a new place. I know there are good guys out there, who will respect my waiting (even if they are non-virgins), and would be be willing to date me. They just happen to be rare !