Sophie

Do you want to have children?

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to have children?

• Yes, absolutely. Children are a must.
    • I do want children, but if my partner doesn't, I am willing to change my mind
    • No preference/Undecided
    • I don't want children, but if my partner does, I am willing to change my mind
    • No, absolutely not. I don't want children.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 posts in this topic

I, personally, don't have much of a preference. I do lean towards having children slightly but if I am perfectly happy in my marriage the way it is, I don't need children. But...if I decide I do want children (or one child) and my spouse doesn't, it would break my heart to do this but I would request a divorce. I am putting "no preference/undecided" because I have yet to decide and I am pretty neutral about the topic, but I would never let my spouse keep me from having children, or to force me to have children.

I am only 18, but I do have a strong feeling that I will definitely want children (probably before I am 30.) Some times I am sure I want kids, some times I think not. But I bet I will, and if I accidentally get pregnant (outside of marriage or inside of marriage) I will definitely keep the child.

If I do decide to have children, I would want more than one.

I definitely want children! Hopefully at least 2 or 3...

If, for whatever reason, my husband and I couldn't have children naturally, I'd still want us to adopt/foster children.

xxx

1 person likes this

Me either Sophie! Like I feel like I already have children because of my nephew, whom I absolutely adore and love, and I'm totally not in a rush to get married (unless I met the right guy I'd probably give him a chance). So I don't know. Like being an aunt makes me want to have my own little family but then it's a lot of work too and less "me" time. :lol: hahaha So I'm not sure but I'd probably end wanting to have children.

I really don't know how good of a mother I would be. I've been told by people that I have a maternal instinct when they watch me intereact with my feline children. I'm very protective of them, love to play with them, give them all the affection in the world, but when I think of doing that with children, I'm not sure that I really have what it takes. I've watched my niece with her parents, and I just don't know if I could do that all the time. She's beautiful, intelligent, charming, all the good things. There is just that worry that I wouldn't be able to give my own child the affection her parents give to her, and every child deserves that.

So I'm going to have to pick undecided for this one.

If I do have children I want alot of them maybe 4, 2 boys and 2 girls, buy a puppy as well so they can grow up together :D big back yard for the kids to play in, lol switch the beamer out for the mini van ;). However I wouldnt mind having no children as I do know they require alot of love, attention, effort, and one day may have to go throught the same stuff we will. But thats more of the future right now am worried about me :P

I knew I wanted them someday... and I was scared sh*tless about the idea of finding myself as a dad... and here I am many many years later (with 3 no less!) - and I will always tell anyone... they are the best thing I ever did in my life, they are a blessing I can never fully describe, and they have made my marriage bigger, brighter, better than I could ever have imagined.

2 people like this

I want to have children someday, but I honestly hope that I'll be in a position in life that will allow me to adopt or do foster care. I wouldn't mind having one of my own, but there are so many kids that need loving families!

2 people like this

I'm happy to see people wanting to adopt. :) I am adopted, and while I plan on having my own children, I think it is wonderful that babies have the opportunity of being taken into a loving, caring home. If I hadn't been adopted, I would be living in a country that no one knows about, speaking a language that has absolutely zero importance or width in this world, and my mother would only be 18 years older than me (also, she'd be a single mom and disowned.) I am sad that I can never contact my birth mother, but she made the right choice by putting me up for adoption. More people should definitely adopt. I just want to have my own children because I want to be related to something by blood.

2 people like this

HTH: my wife & I knew from before we were married that we wanted children... but we also were honest enough to realize that that may not end up being physically possible as happens to plenty of people... in which case, we knew we would hope that adoption would prove possible for us!

1 person likes this

I definitely want kids. I've always loved babysitting, maybe because I'm the baby of the family. lol. Kids of any age are fun, I've been a camp counselor and taught horseback riding lessons to kids with special needs so no matter what I'm all in when it comes to kids :). I know being a doctor could make raising a family hectic, but I've talked to other women in the profession and they said it was never a problem because they made their kids their whole world whenever they were home until the kids went to bed, then their husbands were. I don't know if its just me, but when I babysit toddlers I think its a nice break from reality to play on their level for a while, definitely beats thinking about the stresses of life.

I honestly don't know. I know that I'm not against. There's just so many factors to consider before I can see definite yes or no.

In my eyes adopting is still " having children". So to say yes, but if I couldn't get pregnant I'd adopt seem redundant.

I've never been too excited at the thought of having children. I suppose there is always a possibility that it will change as I get older, but as of right now I don't think that it is for me. However, I've always loved the idea of adoption. If it came down to it, I think I'd prefer to adopt than have kids of my own, just knowing that there are so many children in foster homes. Honestly, I feel like this will be the bigger hindrance for me in finding someone in the end because I've had a guy leave for it in the past and have yet to have someone leave for WTM.

I don't particularly care to have kids - though I know I would love to have a daughter. But if it turns out that I'm with someone who really wants kids - I know I'll be a pretty good father.

I'd also be perfectly ok with adoption, there is so many babies just left at the hospital and I think there's even a period of time where you can give you baby to the hospital no questions asked. I could definitely adopt and make them my own - give them a chance to be loved!

I always said to my mom/brothers that I'd be the favorite uncle that all the kids love - but get to leave when things get out of hand lol

This is a deal breaker for me. I adore children and they are a must.

I would like to have no less than two and no more than three. However, if I found that my husband only wanted just an only child, it would be disappointing, but I wouldn't be childless.

I want to have children all the way!

Even though its a tough job, I can't imagine anything more rewarding than seeing your child growing into a strong, confident adult. Think about it. The majority of us take pleasure in having our parents proud of us because we know the joy it brings them.

Also it's another way for my future wife and I to bond and strengthen our relationship, and I can't say when I would be ready for kids but I definitely want a family one day.

Another sidenote lol

I think males can agree with me more on this, but something about having kids is special. It's like their continuing on where we left off and carrying on our legacy. No I wouldn't force my kids to do anything, but they are who we are remembered by after our lives are over. I just like the idea of having kids, little mini versions of my lovely wife and I carrying on our name, legacy, and love

2 people like this

as I said about six posts before this... having kids is truly the best. doesn't matter whether you biologically created them or not - it only matters that you are a mom+dad in all ways possible :-)

I don't want to have children. If he has kids, that's cool. If he doesn't, but wants them? I like adoption as an option, and I use to really wan to adopt, an older child. However, now, I'd rather just have us not have kids. I'm helping raise my nephews, and that's something for someone who never wanted kids. You see, it's not that I don't love kids. If I did become pregnant? Id love and care for that child as though I'd always wanted it. It would be surprised if it ever found out it wasn't planned. I would see it as a child God wanted ME personally to have, because I'd be trying not to get pregnant...and that, in itself, is a blessing I have to be grateful for.

However, because of some personal medical issues, I'm looking into surgery that will leave me unable to have children.

I know I'm a weird one around here, as most people want...no, can't wait...to have children. :)