Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tas-manian

Glad to be here

9 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I'm glad I found this website! I don't know if my story and circumstances may be a bit different, or if there are others here who are older like me. Anyway, I was married for twenty-four years, divorced last year, and now find myself in the dating world for the first time since my early twenties. I feel like I've made an assessment of my life and am getting a handle on what I want from a future relationship. When you do things the second time around, you've hopefully gained some wisdom over the years and know what you will change. That's why I'm doing it differently now and believe the way to best express my newfound self-respect is to save myself for that special someone who I hope is out there and will one day be my husband. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you! It's so encouraging to know there are others who feel this way, too.

2 people like this

Welcome to the site!

1 person likes this

And here I was hoping you'd be an Aussie from Tasmania...dashed... lol :(

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to share your married life lessons and insight :D

Has waiting emerged for you post-divorce or are there earlier beginnings?

Thanks for welcoming me. :) Well, I can tell you that before marriage I definitely *wanted* to wait until marriage, but when I met my ex-husband I had no real boundaries in place and had pretty low self-esteem. I actually felt I would lose him if I didn't have sex with him. Since I was too afraid of that, I consented. He had known of my desire to wait, was persistent anyway and got what he wanted, which in turn, then translated to zero respect for me throughout our marriage. Having sex with him was my first mistake; marrying him was my second! LOL 

2 people like this

Sorry to dash your hopes about being from Tasmania! TAS are my initials... ;) 

1 person likes this