DHZ

Are girls really look for a guy that's "spiritual" like these girls are?

10 posts in this topic

I mean not the type of guy that comes off as spiritual like that. For the most part my faith is more of a internal thing where I just have knowing that God is always with me and is inside of me.

Basically I'm just asking if Christian girl really wants a guy that has his face on the ground always praying to God. And spends time 24/7 in the Bible. I mean, I talk to God and he talks to me. I don't bow down or anything like that. I just continue what I'm doing to talk to him. I don't spend too much time in the Bible, though if someone is talking about it or talking God I'm usually always interested in what they have to say.

I really don't get anything from praise and worship. I'd really rather off on my own with my thoughts or talking to God or thinking about him.

That’s a great question. And in short, to each his/her own. I can’t answer for all girls, but I can answer your question from my perspective. Not gonna lie, I didn’t watch the two videos posted because regardless of what others believe or say, I have already formulated my own concept and beliefs and don’t want the videos to phase my response (though I may or may not watch the videos afterwards, as they may have interesting responses). Although I’ve never been in a relationship, I have been around enough men to know the characteristics that I desire in my future husband (that’s if marriage is even in God’s plan for me). The meaning of “dating” for me is to date for marriage. Others may date to fill a void or to even pass the time. But for me, I think every relationship should be between two people whose end goal is marriage. People, I feel, should date to marry, not for anything less. If the two individuals end up breaking up, at least they treated each other with the utmost respect, especially when those people will be a wife or husband to someone else in the future. We are called to love everyone and we should treat others how we treat our family.

What is pretty funny is that before I logged on and saw your post, I just finished a Bible study. Studying the Bible shouldn’t be just for show. I personally feel that it needs to be beyond knowledge and more so with what you do with that knowledge and what your actions are. That, shows much of a person’s character, especially as a Christian.

It’s interesting you mention that you don’t get anything from praise and worship, as I personally feel transformed and enlightened, especially with praise and worship music. In no way am I discrediting anything you said, but it doesn’t impact you, and that’s okay, because not everything is going to work for everyone. Your relationship with God is your own and continue to do what works for you!

So to answer your question in regards to my own personal desires, I “would” like a guy who is pretty much the guy you described, of course only if his actions truly come from his heart and soul and are not for show. I personally want to find a guy who puts God in everything he does, including God in his daily decisions, because that is the type of person that I strive to be every day. This is my own wishful thinking, but my ideal relationship is to be with a guy who is absolutely in love with Jesus as I am, and that our relationship would revolve around God. I would daydream about my future husband and me sitting together at the end of long day, just reading and studying the Bible together, learning, feeling, and seeing new things that we’ve never noticed, felt, or seen before. That also contributes to a never-boring, continual growing relationship between us and God. Even years down the road when we’d have kids, just imagining us teaching our kids about Jesus and letting them see Him through us and our actions. But most of all, I want to be with someone who brings me closer to God and keeps me in check when I fall short.

Christians are not perfect, but we serve a God Who is. Regardless of my vision of the (for lack of a better term) “perfect” ideal guy that I desire to be with, he may not even exist and that’s okay. The way I live my life shouldn’t make someone change his ways to make me happy. If he wants to truly change, it has to come from him alone. I would be devastated if the one I love only changed for me, and he feels miserable just to make me happy. It should never work that way.

Sorry for the long reply. I haven’t been on this site in ages and this is literally the first post I saw. I’m just answering from my own personal desires and no one else’s. :) Definitely don’t discredit your own personal relationship with God. And don’t change for anyone. Keep doing you. Cheers!

3 people like this

I didn't have the attention span, right now, to watch both videos in full. However, to answer your question, I'm not sure it's necessary. OK, so, for me...It's necessary for him to be a Christian. Believe in God, accept Jesus and what He did for us, and to want to be and try to be a better person because of this. For instance, my guy, he's like me...more of a spiritual Christian. We will study when something comes on us that we need to understand more, or if someone brings something up that seems like we should know more. We have even done this together, as he is relatively new (he's just REdiscovered his faith over the last 8 months to a year) and we want our axis to be God. Through all of this, he is still, very much, himself...just striving to be a better man. He's still sarcastic, and a bit edgy. He loves his video games and everything else in his geekhood. He's human, he's imperfect. I love him IN SPITE of his imperfections. No, no, that's not it. I LOVE him BECAUSE of his imperfections, they are a part of who he is, who I love, and they help him to understand ME better...trust me, he's the only one who I've talked to about some of my thoughts and fears, and I actually thought he'd leave me, but he didn't. He's perfect for me, and that's all that matters. He'll pray with me, and study with me. He even studies on his own, when he feels led to. All I can tell you, from my perspective, is that I always wanted someone just like him, but he's so much more than that. I never even knew I wanted everything else he has to offer. God led me to him, and I KNOW God wants us together...even if it's going to be a difficult road. I think the problem, for me, was that for so long I had kept my vision so narrow of what EXACTLY I wanted. When I finally reached a point where I wasn't finding that, and I'd decided that I didn't need that, I just started putting my focus elsewhere (travelling in my older days, after caring for my nephews). A few months later, well, he happened. I let go of what I wanted, left everything in Gods hands, knowing that I don't believe that there everyone has a match waiting.

I think I may have answered your question, from my point of view, with a little more. Sorry about that.

On 12/29/2016 at 8:10 PM, ChildOfTheOneTrueKing said:

That’s a great question. And in short, to each his/her own. I can’t answer for all girls, but I can answer your question from my perspective. Not gonna lie, I didn’t watch the two videos posted because regardless of what others believe or say, I have already formulated my own concept and beliefs and don’t want the videos to phase my response (though I may or may not watch the videos afterwards, as they may have interesting responses). Although I’ve never been in a relationship, I have been around enough men to know the characteristics that I desire in my future husband (that’s if marriage is even in God’s plan for me). The meaning of “dating” for me is to date for marriage. Others may date to fill a void or to even pass the time. But for me, I think every relationship should be between two people whose end goal is marriage. People, I feel, should date to marry, not for anything less. If the two individuals end up breaking up, at least they treated each other with the utmost respect, especially when those people will be a wife or husband to someone else in the future. We are called to love everyone and we should treat others how we treat our family.

What is pretty funny is that before I logged on and saw your post, I just finished a Bible study. Studying the Bible shouldn’t be just for show. I personally feel that it needs to be beyond knowledge and more so with what you do with that knowledge and what your actions are. That, shows much of a person’s character, especially as a Christian.

It’s interesting you mention that you don’t get anything from praise and worship, as I personally feel transformed and enlightened, especially with praise and worship music. In no way am I discrediting anything you said, but it doesn’t impact you, and that’s okay, because not everything is going to work for everyone. Your relationship with God is your own and continue to do what works for you!

So to answer your question in regards to my own personal desires, I “would” like a guy who is pretty much the guy you described, of course only if his actions truly come from his heart and soul and are not for show. I personally want to find a guy who puts God in everything he does, including God in his daily decisions, because that is the type of person that I strive to be every day. This is my own wishful thinking, but my ideal relationship is to be with a guy who is absolutely in love with Jesus as I am, and that our relationship would revolve around God. I would daydream about my future husband and me sitting together at the end of long day, just reading and studying the Bible together, learning, feeling, and seeing new things that we’ve never noticed, felt, or seen before. That also contributes to a never-boring, continual growing relationship between us and God. Even years down the road when we’d have kids, just imagining us teaching our kids about Jesus and letting them see Him through us and our actions. But most of all, I want to be with someone who brings me closer to God and keeps me in check when I fall short.

Christians are not perfect, but we serve a God Who is. Regardless of my vision of the (for lack of a better term) “perfect” ideal guy that I desire to be with, he may not even exist and that’s okay. The way I live my life shouldn’t make someone change his ways to make me happy. If he wants to truly change, it has to come from him alone. I would be devastated if the one I love only changed for me, and he feels miserable just to make me happy. It should never work that way.

Sorry for the long reply. I haven’t been on this site in ages and this is literally the first post I saw. I’m just answering from my own personal desires and no one else’s. :) Definitely don’t discredit your own personal relationship with God. And don’t change for anyone. Keep doing you. Cheers!

I just want to say that you are freakin awesome and I pray to God I really met someone like you, I'm in your position. I wonder if I'll ever find a true Woman of God. Every Woman I thought was going after God's heart eventually showed that they were going after other things, I sometimes feel alone, like is there another woman who shares the same desire to please Christ? it saddens me...BUT! I shan't give up hope. She is out there, waiting for me.

2 people like this

18 hours ago, Daisetsuu said:

I just want to say that you are freakin awesome and I pray to God I really met someone like you, I'm in your position. I wonder if I'll ever find a true Woman of God. Every Woman I thought was going after God's heart eventually showed that they were going after other things, I sometimes feel alone, like is there another woman who shares the same desire to please Christ? it saddens me...BUT! I shan't give up hope. She is out there, waiting for me.

Thank you for the kind words, Daisetsuu. It means a lot when someone compliments my mind and how I feel, specifically towards our God, especially when my goal is to not seek out compliments in the first place. I have many goals in life and I want to accomplish great things, but when I die, the single most important thing I want people to remember about me is my love for God and my family. 
You sound like a good person with true intention, and I am faithful in God's plan for you and your desire for a future partner. He knows your heart and won't withhold something you want or deserve. 
One thing I hope you remember is to enjoy this time of singleness, while you still can. This is the perfect time for self-reflection and self-improvement, a time to work on you, building yourself up, instead of waiting for the woman you are meant to be with to start "building" yourself. In other words, you don't have to wait for her in order to make you feel complete. So yes, these times may feel lonely, but use this time productively. Love is more than just a romantic love. Continue to show love to your family, your neighbor, a stranger, etc. Harvest this kind of love, which will only make your love for your future wife stronger.  
I am sure there are many women out there who share your same views and desires and she IS out there for I am faithful in God's plan. While you wait patiently, continue to build yourself and continue to work on God's kingdom. So don't be saddened, especially in these times, for it is all in His great timing. 

2 people like this

On 30/12/2016 at 2:10 AM, ChildOfTheOneTrueKing said:

Wooow ! Amazing!!! I totally share your opinion Child of the One true King ! My prayer is to marry the exact same type of man you described. Yes, a man in love with Jesus and loving the Word of God. My oxygen of everyday, my source of life is the Bible. And I deeply want to be with a man in love with Jesus. I also want to date a man with the mindset to marry. It seems we are twin sisters ? (joking :) )

And to you DHZ, the answer concerning me is yes. I want to marry this type of man. But as Child of the One true King said, it would be a shame that a man began to become spiritual just to please me, not because he has been fully convinced by God to do so.

I pray that God can lead you in His presence and that you experiment the deep joy that comes from Him alone :) 

Blessings for all

1 person likes this

On 05/01/2017 at 5:24 AM, Daisetsuu said:

Wow Daisetsuu !! I send all my sincere and deep encouragements for you in your walk for Christ ! 

Yes, I agree with you, there is somewhere a woman who is waiting a guy living his life to please Jesus as you do. Stay strong :)

Blessings :) 

On 24/01/2017 at 5:51 PM, Beastar625 said:

The females in the videos wear masks

Colloquially referred to ask makeup? Haha

I enjoyed those videos. They had some good points. 

I hadn't watch the videos...I had just reply to the excellent post of @ChildOftheOnetrueKing.

Now, I've been able to watch the first video and Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally agree with everything that those beautiful women of God have said.

THis is so deep and so true. They are totally focused on God and that's beautiful, refreshing and inspiring. Thank you very much @DHZ for having shared with us.

Edit : The 2nd video is also of great value indeed ! Awesome...so true what she says... May God help us to live a holy life that glorifies Him