Aparajita

New here :) Hoping to meet people who think like me

23 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

My name is Aparajita and I am 22 years old senior in college. I am waiting till marriage because of my religion and it has also been a personal choice as well. Majority of my friends are not virgins and they keep telling me that I won't find anyone who is going to respect my decision because premarital sex is very common in Western culture. I am also Indian so some people have told me that I would probably have to get arranged marriage if I am looking for someone who is gonna wait for me. Recently I used tinder which I never thought I would ever use. I know a lot of people think that its a hookup app but people also use it to meet other people just to hang out. I really was not expecting anything really but I started talking to someone who is very similar to me. We both are very determined people with career goals and we both are family oriented as well. I was texting this person a lot and it seemed like it was going somewhere until I mentioned my decision to wait. He texted me 3 days later that he doesn't want to pressure me because in his relationships he tends to be sexual. I was pretty disappointed because if it wasn't for the sex thing, I would have probably met up with this person and maybe it could have gone somewhere. It is very difficult to find people who are like me and I felt like my decision to wait till marriage was holding me back from meeting new people. I want to know if there are people out there who have had similar experiences. I go to a Christian school, but I feel like at least in my friend circle there are not a lot of people who think like I do. I am hoping that this site is a place where I am able to meet more people who think like me :)

8 people like this

Hello, I think a lot of people here can relate to your story and you will find much support from all of us on the site. So welcome to the site. :)

1 person likes this

Welcome Aparajita! I hope you find what you are looking for here.

I'm sorry to hear of your difficulty to find like-minded people to relate to (I have also). Stay true to who you are, yes waiting does limit our chances of finding a mate but it also helps us find a compatible mate too. Qualify over quantity is a great way to look at it because others may have quantity to choose from because of their willingness to have sex with random people, but are not compatible with those people other than sexual urges and end up having nothing in common with them and have to move on and take their bad previous experiences into the next relationships. 

And I know this doesn't mean much to you, but You're very Attractive and Beautiful to me and I think a guy would feel very blessed to have you as his wife some day so keep your head high and know that God's love for you will always be greater than any man's love could ever be.

Again, welcome and Much love, from Tramaine ❤

1 person likes this

Hi Tramaine, 

Yes it has been very difficult and the person that I talked about was someone who thinks like me :( He didn't lead me on which is good but I was still very disappointed. It was just very strange how he told me that I reminded him a lot of someone he had dated in the past, so I was under the impression that he would probably understand the waiting thing but he said no. Oh well I think its better that I don't use tinder again lol. Thank you so much ! <3 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Aparajita said:

Hi Tramaine, 

Yes it has been very difficult and the person that I talked about was someone who thinks like me :( He didn't lead me on which is good but I was still very disappointed. It was just very strange how he told me that I reminded him a lot of someone he had dated in the past, so I was under the impression that he would probably understand the waiting thing but he said no. Oh well I think its better that I don't use tinder again lol. Thank you so much ! <3.

You're welcome and Yes, that's a great idea, I'm sure it's pretty hard to find a long term relationship minded mate on a site with the users looking for......cough! (Booty calls) lol. But yeah I guess he didn't want to wait on another partner so he went to Tinder to get a "Quick fix" if you will, and it's good he was honest with you because that's all us waiters can ask for is honesty, we may not like the answer but it beats being deceived so good on him.

You seem very nice and intelligent, and while those qualities may go under valued by most guys, some guys do appreciate it and they're great qualities to have and coupled with your beauty, you're in a great spot to be successful finding a mate because you are young at only 22 years old. You should wear shades because your future is so bright lol.

2 hours ago, GraceMode said:

I'm sorry to hear of your difficulty to find like-minded people to relate to (I have also). Stay true to who you are, yes waiting does limit our chances of finding a mate but it also helps us find a compatible mate too. Qualify over quantity is a great way to look at it because others may have quantity to choose from because of their willingness to have sex with random people, but are not compatible with those people other than sexual urges and end up having nothing in common with them and have to move on and take their bad previous experiences into the next relationships. 

And I know this doesn't mean much to you, but You're very Attractive and Beautiful to me and I think a guy would feel very blessed to have you as his wife some day so keep your head high and know that God's love for you will always be greater than any man's love could ever be.

9 minutes ago, GraceMode said:

You're welcome and Yes, that's a great idea, I'm sure it's pretty hard to find a long term relationship minded mate on a site with the users looking for......cough! (Booty calls) lol. But yeah I guess he didn't want to wait on another partner so he went to Tinder to get a "Quick fix" if you will, and it's good he was honest with you because that's all us waiters can ask for is honesty, we may not like the answer but it beats being deceived so good on him.

You seem very nice and intelligent, and while those qualities may go under valued by most guys, some guys do appreciate it and they're great qualities to have and coupled with your beauty, you're in a great spot to be successful finding a mate because you are young at only 22 years old. You should wear shades because your future is so bright lol.

Yes probably. I was just shocked because he showed so much interest in me for like 6 days straight and then k bam. Lol I think I was bummed out about the fact that he didn't even want to get coffee or walk around his campus. He is in graduate school for law and his campus is really pretty. Anyways I hope I will meet someone some day haha right now I really have other things to focus on. 

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, RosatohisCecil said:

Hey Apa, I really enjoyed talking to you in chat last night, you seem like a really awesome person. 

Nice talking to you to! thanks :)

Hi Aparajita,

My friends tell me the same exact thing too and they say that I'm waiting around like an idiot. I do understand it's very rare to find like minded people but there is always hope. I'm from India too and it's very rare to find people who wait. I've even had a girl tell me to get 'laid' or i'll regret it. The arranged marriage thing doesn't always work cause i feel both parties are not honest sometimes so i'm not so into finding a person that way. I'm glad you found this site aparajita, you'll feel right at home here..:)...I hope to see you around.

Regards

Joseph 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

Hi Aparajita,

My friends tell me the same exact thing too and they say that I'm waiting around like an idiot. I do understand it's very rare to find like minded people but there is always hope. I'm from India too and it's very rare to find people who wait. I've even had a girl tell me to get 'laid' or i'll regret it. The arranged marriage thing doesn't always work cause i feel both parties are not honest sometimes so i'm not so into finding a person that way. I'm glad you found this site aparajita, you'll feel right at home here..:)...I hope to see you around.

Regards

Joseph 

Hi Joseph, 

I live in the States but it doesn't matter which community I am surrounded by its the same everywhere lol. Yes I am not into the arranged marriage thing for the same reason. I have a friend who is getting arranged marriage and she has had multiple sexual partners... The person I mentioned earlier is white and he was straight up honest with me rather than leading me on which I do appreciate. Welcome to the site !

Aparajita 

He must really have his mind on immediate gratification. I find it kind of odd that he would cut ties with you so abruptly without leaving a door open. Sounds like he burned a bridge. Generally, I think women would receive a much better reaction when they tell a man that they are waiting till marriage.

On 2/10/2017 at 1:18 PM, rihhana said:

Hi Aparajita :)
you are a beautiful strong girllll

welcome!

Sorry I just saw this thanks after ages I came back online ! ! and so are you :) 

Hey!

Welcome, I am from Sri Lanka. :D

1 person likes this