StarGate SG1

I'm new and FINALLY got signed up!!

27 posts in this topic

Well it took several weeks but finally got signed up! I tried using other email accounts and my Gmail was the only one that worked! I also sent out emails to some of the staff members and the WTM contact email asking for help, which nobody responded to. People are not getting the verification emails, which is totally frustrating.

Anyway, I just filled out my “About Me” section and it’s insanely long lol.

I am glad to be here and hope to meet some cool people

2 people like this

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome! 

It isn't as active as it once was in the "golden age" of 2012-2014, but there are still people around.

Thank you! :D

I wish it was but I am guessing a lot of the staff members have pretty much moved on and forgot about this site

Welcome to the site!

I think there might be a problem with their emailing system at the moment. I haven't been getting any notifications when I receive messages on here.

Welcome to the forum. Yes, lately I haven't been getting notified about messages on my email account either.

Thank you! I hope the issues get resolved so more people can join. It seems like a great community

1 person likes this

Welcome StarGate SG1!

I read your "All About Me" section. It was very interesting and I am sure, you can definitely bring some interesting and new perspective to some of the discussions here.

I could ask you a million questions right now, but I will leave it with one, haha: Why were you so keen to be a member of this community, when you are not necessarily a waiter anymore? At least, that´s what I understood from your text :-)

Is waiting still important to you or do you don´t really care anymore? And did you ever had any personal reasons to want to wait besides religious ones (forced upon you) (doesn´t sound like it, but maybe you had)?

Sorry, those were more than one....

You don´t have to answer them here, though. No pressure. I can message you, too.

Just wanted to say Welcome first and foremost ^_^

15 hours ago, StarGate SG1 said:

I wish it was but I am guessing a lot of the staff members have pretty much moved on and forgot about this site

I actually do have the same impression. It is quite disappointing that questions or problems get ignored. At least, do not get a response whatsoever (not even on this site in the forums). A "Oh, I don´t know....I will further look into that problem/issue and will get back to you. Be patient" or "Sorry, I can´t help you with that one" or some sort of reaction would be nice. But no response at all is quite confusing.

13 hours ago, samaye said:

I think there might be a problem with their emailing system at the moment. I haven't been getting any notifications when I receive messages on here.

9 hours ago, Syzygy said:

Yes, lately I haven't been getting notified about messages on my email account either.

I haven´t been getting any notifications on my email account when I receive messages on here for approximately three years now. It is annoying and I can´t solve the problem....Hope it works out for you two, though.

5 hours ago, WakeUp&BeAwesome said:

Why were you so keen to be a member of this community, when you are not necessarily a waiter anymore? At least, that´s what I understood from your text :-)

Hey good question/s : p

Yes, you are correct. I am not necessarily a waiter anymore. I could go both ways. For example, as I mentioned in my profile, if I met someone who was a waiter, I could totally respect that and wait until marriage. After all, I waited until I was 28 to have my first kiss so that would be pretty hypocritical if I could not wait for someone else haha.

Also, I still have a lot in common with many waiters and I really like that. I have had one sexual partner and lost my virginity at such a late age in life. In the past when I was dating, everything would go GREAT, until they would ask about my past.  Once I would tell them, they naturally looked at me like I’m a freak show and never talk to me again.  Some of those girls actually gave me some interesting reasons for why my past was a problem for them…I did not agree with it but none the less they gave me their reasons... One girl I dated said she’d be worried I cheat on her down the road because I did not get that out of my system when I was younger. A different girl said she would be worried I would regret not having fun and wanted a guy who is looking to settle down. Another girl said she needed a man that knows what he’s doing and she doesn’t want to have to teach a guy what to do.  So naturally, it would be nice to be in a place where you can be accepted… at least for the most part haha..I am sure some waiters have also experienced something similar.

Is waiting still important to you or do you don´t really care anymore?

To me personally, no it is not important anymore and it has not been for some time. It would become important to me if it mattered to someone I was with.

And did you ever had any personal reasons to want to wait besides religious ones (forced upon you) (doesn´t sound like it, but maybe you had)?

That is a good question because when you are indoctrinated from day one, you are not allowed to even think for yourself. But somehow on this matter I did. If I ever got married, I thought it would be important to my future wife. I thought she would value the fact she would be my best sexual experience. She would never have to worry about any competition from my past (which there still is none..trust me), would never have to worry if she was sexually better or worse than any other lovers or just overall how she compared...but it seems like guys only care about this stuff lol..No Christian or even non-Christian woman I’ve met cares or even thinks about this stuff…Not to say there aren’t any though.

1 person likes this

Hi,
thanks for answering my questions! :-)

On ‎04‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 8:07 PM, StarGate SG1 said:

Also, I still have a lot in common with many waiters and I really like that. I have had one sexual partner and lost my virginity at such a late age in life. In the past when I was dating, everything would go GREAT, until they would ask about my past.  Once I would tell them, they naturally looked at me like I’m a freak show and never talk to me again.  Some of those girls actually gave me some interesting reasons for why my past was a problem for them…I did not agree with it but none the less they gave me their reasons... One girl I dated said she’d be worried I cheat on her down the road because I did not get that out of my system when I was younger. A different girl said she would be worried I would regret not having fun and wanted a guy who is looking to settle down. Another girl said she needed a man that knows what he’s doing and she doesn’t want to have to teach a guy what to do.  So naturally, it would be nice to be in a place where you can be accepted… at least for the most part haha..I am sure some waiters have also experienced something similar.

Sorry that you had to go through this! But do you still have this problem? I mean, now you had sex....or do you still get those remarks from women?
Also: I don´t even know why some women think that every man needs to sleep around or at least needs to have several girlfriends with sexual encounters and "get that out of his system". When I was younger I used to think that, too, but then soon I realized that not all men are the same...
I don´t like generalizations anyway.

On ‎04‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 8:07 PM, StarGate SG1 said:

but it seems like guys only care about this stuff lol..No Christian or even non-Christian woman I’ve met cares or even thinks about this stuff…Not to say there aren’t any though.

I think, at least some WTM-women care about this stuff, too!
True, I can confirm from my own experiences that neither non-Christians nor religious people care about this stuff....

Unfortunately. If they would care, I guess, WTM would be much easier and such a website wouldn´t be necessary, haha.

@'tis the Bearded One

I still don´t get notifications to my email adress like I did years ago. One day, it didn´t work anymore...

Yes, I checked my notification settings again. On some options I got the check mark under "Email", but it doesn´t work. I never get emails. Refreshing the settings or choosing them anew never worked either. I mean, the result was the same (= no emails)

On 2/17/2017 at 5:43 AM, WakeUp&BeAwesome said:

Sorry that you had to go through this! But do you still have this problem? I mean, now you had sex....or do you still get those remarks from women?

LOL wow I forgot all about answering your questions :) and no worries. Yes, I still get the same concern from women because one partner is practically the same.

I don´t even know why some women think that every man needs to sleep around

I think this is due to the power of suggestion, which is a well-known and documented psychological behavior. When you suggest something to someone, they will usually believe it. This is the very same reason why we have placebo pills when testing pharmaceuticals.

Same thing applies to the sexes. ( I could really talk about this topic for quite a while but I’ll spare you :p)

These women were told that men sleep around and it is a normal biological instinct. However, they are also not told that this is not true for all men. So these women get freaked out when they meet a guy who chooses or can wait…bc it so rare. This I can honestly understand…despite the fact I don’t agree with the thinking that all men need to sleep around.

The one that gets me, are the women that say the need a man who knows how to pleasure a women and they don’t want to teach a guy what to do. First, it is not difficult to sexually pleasure a person….it’s not calculus lol. In terms of the physical part, you just need a basic understanding of human anatomy and more importantly, the physiology…Second, if you have a partner who is trying to please you and they are not quite getting it right, you mean to tell me your time is so valuable that you can’t take an extra 30 seconds to tell the person how to improve their technique? If you’re schedule is that busy or demanding, then you’re definitely not for me haha.  

True, I can confirm from my own experiences that neither non-Christians nor religious people care about this stuff....

Personally, I have never cared one way or another about how many sexual partners a women has had. That would in no way deter me from chasing her... I just thought for the longest time most women would care about how many women their SO has slept with... but it turns out, most dont lol.

On 12/3/2016 at 8:21 PM, StarGate SG1 said:

Well it took several weeks but finally got signed up! I tried using other email accounts and my Gmail was the only one that worked! I also sent out emails to some of the staff members and the WTM contact email asking for help, which nobody responded to. People are not getting the verification emails, which is totally frustrating.

Anyway, I just filled out my “About Me” section and it’s insanely long lol.

I am glad to be here and hope to meet some cool people

Your screen name tells me that you are the man. :)

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Revan said:

Your screen name tells me that you are the man.

lol

I love meeting fellow stargate fans!!! I heard they are making a new movie!

1 person likes this

Hi,

no worries! ^_^

2 hours ago, StarGate SG1 said:

Yes, I still get the same concern from women because one partner is practically the same.

I think this is due to the power of suggestion, which is a well-known and documented psychological behavior. When you suggest something to someone, they will usually believe it. This is the very same reason why we have placebo pills when testing pharmaceuticals.

Same thing applies to the sexes. ( I could really talk about this topic for quite a while but I’ll spare you :p)

These women were told that men sleep around and it is a normal biological instinct. However, they are also not told that this is not true for all men. So these women get freaked out when they meet a guy who chooses or can wait…bc it so rare. This I can honestly understand…despite the fact I don’t agree with the thinking that all men need to sleep around.

Yes, I can absolutely understand that women think that and why they think that. But those must be women who (1) never experienced other kinds of men (which is sad and not their fault) or (2) very very young women who are easily influenceable or (3) women who simply don´t question certain things and don´t try to get to the bottom of "stated facts".

I was told the exact same thing and learned the same thing through media for example. I can remember a time where I thought that in order to have a relationship you must first sleep with eachother and only after sex there is the decision to be made if the man and woman are going to be a couple or not. Why did I think this? Well, movies....

Or I used to think that when you have reached the age of 16, then it is time that you should have sex; at the latest at 18 (but then you are crazy and a loser anyway).

Why did I think that? Magazines....and friends.

But soon I started to think for myself and came to the conclusion that I don´t have to do this like it was suggested to me all those years and that certainly not every man has the same views on sex and relationships. Nobody told me that, though. It was a long process...

True, most of them have similiar views and yes, a man who waits or would be okay with waiting is extremely rare. But still: not every man is the same. Not every woman is the same. We are all just human beings with so many complex layers. Generalizations and stereotypes make me sick somehow.

So I still can´t quite comprehend how adults can be so full of assumptions to a degree so that they don´t even believe you that you are okay with not "getting it out of your system" (to use their words) that much. I mean, you are a grown man and you know yourself....and still they can´t believe you and are more likely to believe their assumptions that are probably ingrained in their brain. This makes me so...sad and furious somehow. And at the same time I think such behavior is simply...silly. I don´t know..some women might not be able to break out of their "assumption-prison" and they are not really to blame for it maybe.

But I know also many people who are full of assumptions and are going to defend that assumption with intensity....and even if the assumption is true for the majority, it doesn´t mean it is true for everyone.

Sorry....this topic is kind of close to my heart. I will shut up now regarding this, haha :P

I could really talk about this topic for quite a while but I’ll spare you :p)

No, please don´t spare me! I´m interested in your talk! ^_^

The one that gets me, are the women that say the need a man who knows how to pleasure a women and they don’t want to teach a guy what to do. First, it is not difficult to sexually pleasure a person….it’s not calculus lol. In terms of the physical part, you just need a basic understanding of human anatomy and more importantly, the physiology…Second, if you have a partner who is trying to please you and they are not quite getting it right, you mean to tell me your time is so valuable that you can’t take an extra 30 seconds to tell the person how to improve their technique? If you’re schedule is that busy or demanding, then you’re definitely not for me haha.  

Haha, definitely agreeing on this. I think even if you already had like 20 or 30 sexual partners, there is going to be some talk needed with your significant other some day...I mean, sex is communication and I think it´s important to actually talk about stuff you like or don´t like or simply show it. I am not sure what to think about those statements from those women....

Personally, I have never cared one way or another about how many sexual partners a women has had. That would in no way deter me from chasing her... I just thought for the longest time most women would care about how many women their SO has slept with... but it turns out, most dont lol.

Well, they do care apparently....even one partner is not enough according to what women have told you. The more past partners, the better.

I think many women want their partner to had sex with many women before them....because of the then not necessary teaching (in their opinion) and because then their partner "got it out of his system". There are also some WTM-women who would like their partner to have had some sexual partners in the past. To each their own, of course! I think, most things come down to the motivation behind it...Not wanting to teach is a really weak reason in my opinion, though.

Why is teaching perceived as so bad, anyway? Honestly, teaching a guy what to do sounds like fun to me. Not a burden. Not at all. Maybe I´m weird, haha.

Okay, this is getting so long. I should end my post here :lol:

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, WakeUp&BeAwesome said:

I don´t know..some women might not be able to break out of their "assumption-prison" and they are not really to blame for it maybe.

They might not even know they are in one. And I agree I don't think they are to blame. That is what can happen when you're blasted with this stuff repeatedly and for a long time.

No, please don´t spare me! I´m interested in your talk! ^_^

Ok you asked for it.:D

So a pretty accurate definition of the Power of suggestion is more or less when something is suggested/implied directly or indirectly and it influences our memory, learning, and preferences.

So what happens if society makes similar suggestions towards the outward attractiveness in the sexes? I think this definitely influences what we find outwardly attractive in the opposite sex and can create problems.

For a long time, we have been blasted with the suggestion that attractive women should be thin, have perfect teeth, skin, hair, tan, and so on. Fortunately, this is not as much of an issue for women today as it once was. This is all we saw in TV, movies, and magazines when the idea of an attractive women was mentioned. So what impact does this have on men? I believe this is honestly a major factor for why SOME (not all) men are attracted to thin or skinny women. Usually, guys will say some line of BS where it reflects her health and that’s why they like skinny women. Yeah that’s absurd for a whole list of reasons. One of many reasons why that’s absurd, is because a perfectly healthy women can have junk in her trunk, love handles, or cellulite.

Guys aren’t off the hook either. Society definitely suggests that an attractive man first, has to be tall, then toned or built physique, thick full hair, strong, square facial features, and so on.  For example, you will be hard pressed to find a movie/TV show where the short guy is considered outwardly attractive…So what impact does this have on women? I also think this is why so many women find tall guys attractive. They are blasted with this suggestion from day one. And women usually mention equally absurd reasons, from they can’t wear heels to feeling safe. Knowing how to fight hand to hand, the ability to carry and use a self-defensive weapon, or one’s ability to use their brain to mitigate danger, are much greater measures of potential safety.  Unless you’re frequenting dangerous locations, do you even really need that in your daily life?

Lastly, I think all of this can be contributing factors to eating disorders or body image insecurities some people experience. At least to me this would explain how a perfectly normal women can see a totally different image when she looks in the mirror….Or how guys can be self-conscience of their height, if they are on the shorter end.

Just some thoughts.

:)

Well, they do care apparently....even one partner is not enough according to what women have told you. The more past partners, the better.

haha true. Just literally the antithesis of what I thought lol...was I mostly wrong on that one :)

Yeah you bring up a really good point...What is so bad about simply telling someone how you like certain things? it's all about the persons attitude.

1 person likes this

On 2/20/2017 at 10:25 PM, WakeUp&BeAwesome said:

@'tis the Bearded One

I still don´t get notifications to my email adress like I did years ago. One day, it didn´t work anymore...

Yes, I checked my notification settings again. On some options I got the check mark under "Email", but it doesn´t work. I never get emails. Refreshing the settings or choosing them anew never worked either. I mean, the result was the same (= no emails)

I remember before the site upgrade, it was a bit more tricky but I just checked the settings and its fairly straight forward. Maybe @Invincible can help cause I can't look behind the scenes....sorry

1 person likes this

Welcome my amigo, good to talk to you yesterday :) hope you enjoy it here.

1 person likes this

@StarGate SG1

I agree with everything you said and couldn´t say it any better.

I guess, that some people are more able than other people to question things  (due to very different reasons).

Also: It is definitely due to cultural standards what is seen as attractive and non-attractive. In some Asian regions corpulent women are seen as the most attractive kind of women (sorry, I can´t remember the specific places). Or many Japanese women find corpulent men very attractive and like big bellies....(it´s due to the `otherness` since  the majority of Japanese people are thin).

However, it is interesting to see how culture is influencing people in their thinking, doing and living.

On ‎21‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 9:23 PM, StarGate SG1 said:

What is so bad about simply telling someone how you like certain things? it's all about the persons attitude.

I don´t know what´s so bad.

True. The person´s attitude is key.

1 person likes this