Madhu

Hi Everyone. I just joined. Finally found a place where I belong, I guess :)

13 posts in this topic

Hello nice people :) . I am a 25 year old PR professional from India. I handle film pr and marketing. I have done my masters in history and pgdm in communication. Ok, Now why I am here? I am pretty old school when it comes to love and marriage. I have always wanted to fall in love and be with that person forever. But somehow, people I met really didn't share the same idea and I being very stubborn in my beliefs..held on to what I think was right for me. So, yeah...at times it is really difficult to hold on  when I see my friends are  constantly having random flings and doing whatever and telling me I should also do the same. And to top it all, I have got numerous chances where I could have easily been with anyone I liked. But me being me, I decided to have a conversation first, know the person, know about his likes and dislikes....guess..it doesn't work out like that anymore our generation. Sad. But I still firmly have faith in whatever is good in this world.

So, here I am finally where I feel I can actually meet like minded people and who knows miracles do happen, i guess :)

Thanks a lot :)

Regards,

Madhu

On 11/6/2016 at 11:03 AM, Madhu said:

Hello nice people :) . I am a 25 year old PR professional from India. I handle film pr and marketing. I have done my masters in history and pgdm in communication. Ok, Now why I am here? I am pretty old school when it comes to love and marriage. I have always wanted to fall in love and be with that person forever. But somehow, people I met really didn't share the same idea and I being very stubborn in my beliefs..held on to what I think was right for me. So, yeah...at times it is really difficult to hold on  when I see my friends are  constantly having random flings and doing whatever and telling me I should also do the same. And to top it all, I have got numerous chances where I could have easily been with anyone I liked. But me being me, I decided to have a conversation first, know the person, know about his likes and dislikes....guess..it doesn't work out like that anymore our generation. Sad. But I still firmly have faith in whatever is good in this world.

So, here I am finally where I feel I can actually meet like minded people and who knows miracles do happen, i guess :)

Thanks a lot :)

Regards,

Madhu

Hi Madhu. I grew up in India as well and I have been in the States for about 5 years now. I am about to finish my undergrad soon and I am hoping to go to graduate school as well. It is very difficult to find people who respect the waiting till marriage thing. From my personal experience I have had no luck among Indians or Americans. I have had guys like me but they either tend to be players and see me as a challenge or they tend to be overly attached to me for some odd reason. Recently I was talking to someone who is a nice person but he turned me down because sex in dating is important to him. And he is not the first one who has done it. I don't plan on getting arranged marriage and I am really open to dating other races as long as we are compatible. Infact my experience in college has been with other racial groups.  I have been mocked that I will get arranged marriage if I keep saving my virginity. Being a virgin has been a personal choice and due to my faith in Jesus. Like you people call me stubborn ! our generation is so strange lol and its not just in the West but India too ! Keep your standards high :)

<3 Aparajita

Hey Madhu,

I absolutely get what your saying. All of my friends tell me the same things...They are into casual sex and one time flings and ask me to the same thing but like you im pretty stubborn in my beliefs too. Recently i'd been to Bangalore in India and all of my old friends kept mocking me about my view on waiting. Apparently there is no such thing as waiting in Bangalore...But i still have faith in a few girls although they are a minority...It'e really nice to meet you madhu and hopefully we'll see more of each other on WTM. Welcome to the community. 

We're all like minded people and this site is the biggest miracle that happened to me.:D

Regards,

Joseph 

On 1/1/2017 at 11:08 AM, Aparajita said:

From my personal experience I have had no luck among Indians or Americans.

Is that subcontinental Indians in India or in America?

56 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Apparently there is no such thing as waiting in Bangalore

I thought there might still be a higher % of waiters in India than in the West or at least in the more rural areas with less westernised and more traditional culture.....

On 1/2/2017 at 8:25 AM, 'tis the Bearded One said:

Is that subcontinental Indians in India or in America?

I thought there might still be a higher % of waiters in India than in the West or at least in the more rural areas with less westernised and more traditional culture.....

Yes there are people waiting because of arranged marriage but it's not as common anymore. It has gone down over the years.... Most men are not waiters. Its mainly women and its more common in the rural areas. I am Indian and from my personal experience, I know very few Asian Indians and Indian Americans who are waiting. 

1 person likes this