lexxy53

Will women be able to hold higher positions in heaven?

6 posts in this topic

So my interpretation of Scripture is that women and men will all be equal in heaven, since '...there is neither male nor female in Christ Jesus..' and I don't believe that women will submit to anyone but God Himself.

I believe that God assigns us different jobs in heaven according to our gifts/strengths/experience on Earth and also according to the different positions we have on Earth (within the Church, especially).

Now, since women are quite 'restricted' within the Church because of the interpretation of certain verses, women haven't really had much experience with teaching/being leaders even if they would have had a gift for it. Maybe God would not let them have a higher position in heaven, due to their lack of experience?? 

The bottom line of my questions is this: are there restrictions to the work/positions we get in heaven according to our gender (on Earth)? Like, are women also able to receive higher positions in heaven according to what they've done and their gifts or will women always be lower on the hierarchy, even in heaven? 

(Catholic just chiming in)

Well, the highest human being in Heaven (besides Jesus Himself) is the Queen of Heaven, and that's Mary, so...

xxx

6 people like this

@lexxy53 If women aren't going to submit to anyone but God himself then it's really a question that only men have to ponder. :lol:

Personally, I think the issue with women in leadership roles in the Church is nothing more than one of rebelliousness. It's clearly not coming from a desire to lead a more pure lifestyle. Women in leadership roles would probably lead more people away from God if anything. I know I always wonder why I'm attending Bible study sessions whenever some feminist crows over how women were treated, had no voting rights, inheritance, or whatever feminist buzzword has no relation (nor factual basis) to learning about the deliverance of God's children.

It's very unbecoming for a man or woman to deride the people, many of whom were quite literally following God himself in the form of fire, by complaining about giving up the idols society has made for them.

I've got to agree to disagree with you on that one, Amarillo. :) Anyway, my question didn't have anything to do with roles like that on EARTH but whether gender would matter in getting work in heaven? 

On 11/4/2016 at 5:53 AM, Jegsy Scarr said:

(Catholic just chiming in)

Well, the highest human being in Heaven (besides Jesus Himself) is the Queen of Heaven, and that's Mary, so...

xxx

Yeah I mean you guys worship a woman so I guess that makes Catholicism the most pro-woman faith in the world jk :P

4 people like this