Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LuNY

I am probably older than most of you

10 posts in this topic

I am a straight female over 35, and one of the probably very small population of people my age who are still waiting for marriage to have sex. I am not a virgin, having lost my virginity years ago to a man I thought I was going to marry. Toward the end of that relationship I decided I would no longer violate my closely held principles again and wait until I was actually married. That was 10 years ago. I have not gotten married and am still waiting. I don't regret my decision to wait, but it does make my loneliness more stark having no partner to cling to. I am losing hope that I will find a partner or have children. I am trying to center my hopes on other things.

There isn't always marriage at the end of the road. Doing the right thing doesn't guarantee happiness. Sometimes you end up having your only comfort be that you have at least not cheated yourself. I have learned to adapt myself to my quiet lifestyle. I can hold my head up and meet my own gaze in the mirror.

It is nice to meet all of you.

Hi LuNY :) Nice to meet you too. Welcome to the forum! There are members around your age and non-virgin waiters with similar backstories as you.

1 person likes this

hello! Iam happy to read from you and also a welcome to you! Remember, you are not alone in this Journey. May God bless u.

1 person likes this