Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Letters To My Wife...

4 posts in this topic

Hello Ladies,

For the past few years I've been writing letters to my wife in this journal of mine in the hopes that one day I would give them to her on our wedding day, but currently I'm still struggling with whether or not God wants me to remain single. I began writing them with the understanding that I would someday find a spouse, but after about 5 years things continue to look pretty bleak. A few months back I began reading many of them and I thought they were quite good and considered publishing them. I currently have a few people interested in helping me find a publisher and I'm debating whether or not to publish them out of fear that if I do find someone, she will be upset with me revealing some of my most intimate and revealing moments with everyone instead of just her. A few months back I began publishing them on my blog. I have over 70 letters so far and still continue to write them out of habit and hope. I guess my questions are:

How would you feel about your future spouse revealing he had written letters to only you and kept them all in a journal/notebook to give to you on your wedding day?

How would you feel about him publishing them for the world to see? Would you still consider them as intimate and sacred to you?

1 person likes this

I've had this exact struggle actually. I'm now 25 and have been writing letters to my future husband since I was 19. I always thought that if I never married (or thought I wouldn't marry) I could publish some of them under a pseudonym. You could always do it this way to keep it anonymous. 

2 people like this

I wouldn't consider it less intimate or sacred if he had them published. I assume you wrote them to reveal yourself and your love for your spouse at a time when you have not yet met. Publizising your personal thoughts and feelings during this time won't take away from its value because its true value is in the words on the paper, not who gets to see it. Furthermore, your intentions behind your writing hasn't changed if you have them published. Your future spouse is to whom your thoughts and feelings are dedicated, those privy to your writting are merely spectators sharing in your journey.

Publish!

Personally I would prefer if they weren't published. To me it would take away from the intimacy and personal nature of the treasure. I guess it comes done to why you are writing them. Are you writing them for her or for some other reason? 

1 person likes this