Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LookingForTheOne

People don't understand that "we're in love" isn't a good enough reason.

7 posts in this topic

"You know I love you, but why should I marry you or sleep with you?"

This applies especially to sex, but marriage itself as well. Love is necessary, but not sufficient. I'm tired of people having sex when they really shouldn't, and rationalizing all of this with "but...but...we're in love!"

How do you make people understand that love isn't everything? (and even more, that we should not do something just because we think we love our significant other!)

We live in a time and culture, but culture more, where love is over-emphasised than other cultures, religions, and times. And I agree w/u, that love definitely isn't everything, it's something yes, but I doubt if it's even the majority of anything. But, there are people who consider and put love above anything else, there are people who consider love even above God (provided they believe in God).

1 person likes this

It's because sex is a very special thing - emotionally and physically - that is the most enjoyable when shared between two people who love each other. When you love someone, you want to give them everything and share everything with them, and that includes your body. It is only normal and natural to have sex when in love, and as the culture changes there is no longer a neccessity to get married. Back in the olden days, it was considered inappropriate and shameful if you dated for too long before marrying. I mean, my Zaida and Baba got engaged after six weeks and my Grannie and Grandpa got engaged after 7 months. That doesn't happen anymore!

I don't see anything wrong with couples having sex if they are in love, married or not. It is sex without love that worries me the most. And you can be married, having sex, without being in love. To me, that's almost worse than any pre-marital sex.

Jason Evert spoke about this in one of his videos. He was talking about how, as a chastity speaker, he always gets teenage boys asking him, "But I love her, so why shouldn't we have sex?"

And Jason basically explained to him, "Well, if you truly love her, then you should want what's best for her. And if you have sex with her now, what you're basically saying to her is, 'I love you so much, I'm going to risk giving you an STD. I love you so much, I'm going to risk getting you pregnant. I love you so much, I'm going to give you a secret to hide from your parents. I love you so much, I'm going to jeopardise your relationship with God'. If you truly love her, you'll do what's best for her, and wait until you're married."

xxx

3 people like this

Jason Evert spoke about this in one of his videos. He was talking about how, as a chastity speaker, he always gets teenage boys asking him, "But I love her, so why shouldn't we have sex?"

And Jason basically explained to him, "Well, if you truly love her, then you should want what's best for her. And if you have sex with her now, what you're basically saying to her is, 'I love you so much, I'm going to risk giving you an STD. I love you so much, I'm going to risk getting you pregnant. I love you so much, I'm going to give you a secret to hide from your parents. I love you so much, I'm going to jeopardise your relationship with God'. If you truly love her, you'll do what's best for her, and wait until you're married."

xxx

Love this. I heard a preacher say something along those very same lines that I've never forgotten. It was that even when you feel you are truly in love with your girlfriend (or vice versa) you have to love her enough not to have sex with her. I just thought that was very profound

2 people like this