Ssabrina14

Are there any Pagans/Wiccans/Spirituals with no denomination who are waiting? And,are there internationals?

22 posts in this topic

Are there mostly Christians in this site or are there other folks (Pagan,Wicca,etc.,) on here? Also, is this site limited to the United States,or the world over?

1 person likes this

I swear I gasped when I saw the title of this thread. This is the moment I've been waiting for all my life :D

I'm your local polytheist and I'm pleased to say hi! I'm a Hellenic polytheist and have been since I was twelve, though I took a side-step through Wicca and eclectic Paganism in my late teenage years. I'm also a New Zealander living in Switzerland. So as you can see, both a Pagan and an international member! There's a lot more internationals than Pagans but we're definitely here :)

What kind of Pagan are you? I'm curious to know :D

4 people like this

Hello! I'm a Celtic Pagan, as I follow that the most. I've been self-declared Pagan since I was 13 years of age,a lot of people thought of it as a phase,but it's lingered on into adulthood. I feel like this will be me for the rest of my life.

☼☼Blessed Be ☼☼

1 person likes this

That's awesome! I had a similar experience, people thought it was a phase but I've been a Hellenic polytheist for almost ten years now (albeit on-and-off for a couple) :D I'm glad to know there's another Pagan around!

2 people like this

What do you mean by internationals? Where are you? There are people on this site from all over the world and from many different religions and cultures. I'm UK. Raised Christian but recently identifying myself as agnostic.

There was a podcast with a few members a couple years back when I joined and one of the girls in that was pagan I think she believed in ancient Greek gods but don't quote me on that.

The podcast might still be on the main site somewhere.

9 hours ago, BEKKI said:

There was a podcast with a few members a couple years back when I joined and one of the girls in that was pagan I think she believed in ancient Greek gods but don't quote me on that.

Yep, that was me :)

2 people like this

Wow! I'm Christian and it's so awesome to meet others who are waiting till marriage from other different walks of life: Pagan, Wiccan, etc. This is truly great! It shows that waiting till marriage isn't exclusively Christian, but that many others from various walks of life carry the value of waiting. Welcome!

5 people like this

@StephL81 I believe that waiting till marriage comes as more a moral complex than a religious aspect. I come from a Catholic family,but have decided to be pagan since I was 12 years of age,and now I'm 21 and still a virgin and pagan. I'm just hoping one day I'll find a man who won't get "turned off" by my decision to wait. A lot of men just have gone silent and never spoken to me again when I've mentioned those things.

@Ssabrina14  That's interesting that you say that it comes as more a moral complex than a religious aspect. Sometimes, depending on the person, it may swing more on the moral complex side, or it may go towards the religious aspect. Maybe even a blend of both. That's interesting that you were raised as a Catholic, but then became pagan. I don't know a lot about paganism...can you tell me more about it?

I have to tell you that the experience you had...with a man being "turned off" by your decision to wait...I've experienced that too. I'm 34 now, and I've made my decision to wait when I was 27 after some sexual experiences. At the time, I made a promise to God to wait, and it has been very difficult at times. Temptation, lust, loneliness...but then as you mentioned, when you see men get turned off...it's really irksome.

I remember being on ChristianMingle and this guy asked me about how I feel about sex and marriage. I said I believe it's best to wait. Well, he said he agreed...and stopped talking to me. So even though we may have different belief systems...you as a Pagan, and myself as a Christian...we both have experienced that same thing, and believe me, I'm totally with you when you wrote that you hope one day to meet a man who won't be turned off by it. Sometimes I feel sad and frustrated by it, and other times I figure it's good that they don't stick around to try to manipulate, sweet-talk, or guilt me into sex. Because I've had that experience too.

Edited by StephL81
adding a lil more
2 people like this

Im not a Jew, but I adhere to Judaism, if that makes sense. Im probably the only one on here, lol.

1 person likes this

On 9/19/2016 at 2:25 AM, greengrapes said:

ow! I'm Christian and it's so awesome to meet others who are waiting till marriage from other different walks of life: Pagan, Wiccan, etc. This is truly great! It shows that waiting till marriage isn't exclusively Christian, but that many others from various walks of life carry the value of waiting. Welcome!

@greengrapes You're view was quite wrong. I can till you that there is no concept of Date in our culture i.e Muslim culture . We are 23% of the world and Probably biggest group of waiters are from us. 

After Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists and Sikhs are most waiters till marriage which are actually pagans

Seeing this thread is what impelled me to pull the trigger and create an account. I suppose this can serve as an introduction as well.

I am a Norse polytheist and occultist. I was worried I would be an outcast here due to this, but I'm glad to see we're welcome here. It's kind of rare for people to have both mindsets, and we're often seen unequivocally as outsiders in both groups due to the other association.

5 people like this

On 1/24/2017 at 2:27 AM, Beastar625 said:

I was raised jewish then i was a new ager then a christian and now i'm an animist

Interesting. No matter what you believe, you will always be a Jew, however. :)

On 11/28/2016 at 10:31 PM, Abdur Rehman Khan Durrani said:

After Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists and Sikhs are most waiters till marriage which are actually pagans

Interesting assertion. Do you have any research sources to back that up?

12 hours ago, 'tis the Bearded One said:

Interesting assertion. Do you have any research sources to back that up?

Common sense! Look at those countries. In Most of Muslim countries, Premarital sex is a crime and strong family values. In India(a Hindu country), family values are present. 

5 hours ago, Abdur Rehman Khan Durrani said:

Common sense! Look at those countries. In Most of Muslim countries, Premarital sex is a crime and strong family values. In India(a Hindu country), family values are present. 

Criminalisation does not ensure the activity doesn't happen. There are countries with death penalty for drug offences yet they still have people committing those offences. Furthermore, what should be isn't what always happens. I remember reading in a book that observed that in its culture of segregation, the sexual frustration would/tended to flow over to the same sex with which they could associate more freely - though it doesn't have to be full on sex. This then comes down to what activities are classified as "premarital sex". When my mother worked in a hospital in Germany, they would get muslim women flown in to get artificial hymens. Certainly, they might not have lost them due to intercourse but it is a possibility....Simply because a culture/government imposes a value doesn't mean it is followed. Just look at Hindu/Buddhist countries with thriving blatant sex industries like India and Thailand...tourists aren't the only ones using them.

Also, when people use "pleasure marriages" as a workaround...: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2009/04/29/islams-sex-licenses.html 

I'd accept that there are probably more people who are virgins at marriage in the Middle East's Muslim countries (at least in regard to women) than in the West's Christian countries but I'd say that is more to do with the culture than because of the religion. (As far as I know all major religions proscribe sex outside of marriage) Then there is the issue of personal intent. How many of Middle East waiters would willingly choose to wait if they didn't face punishment for not waiting? I wouldn't class someone who married as a virgin because they (unwillingly) waited in the same class as those who made a genuine personal decision to wait.

As far as research, I briefly came across this: sex_survey2.jpg

https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/2013/03/03/which-religions-have-most-premarital-sex/whTrXNlukf5nFRk9UlZ64I/story.html

Between Muslim and Christian there is less than 20% difference and that is considering that the fallout is likely to be far more dangerous for a Muslim which could significantly impede reporting. But, as any study you don't really know if its any good until you look at the nitty gritties...

2 people like this

Actually Eastern Societies especially Muslims' are very traditionalists.  Most of my friends of the University have never an encounter. I haven't gone more than kissing a girl couple of years ago. Personally I haven't got too much opportunities.

I think even if you take survey in Western countries, you will still get a better result from Muslims in the West. That's because many Muslims keep traditional family values even in the West.

5 hours ago, 'tis the Bearded One said:

is more to do with the culture than because of the religion

Yes it may be true but actually religions greatly influence cultures. Christians in Middle East would be pretty much like Muslims. In the West, religions don't affect the Culture.

9 hours ago, Abdur Rehman Khan Durrani said:

Yes it may be true but actually religions greatly influence cultures. Christians in Middle East would be pretty much like Muslims. In the West, religions don't affect the Culture.

Certainly opulent nations tend to struggle with leading a radical faith based life. I think religion in the west does influence the culture and has been exploited by politician sadly in the wrong way (eg the war on drugs urgh). But depending on one's interpretation of the Koran the same could be said of the middle east. I am not sufficiently knowledgeable about the Koran to be able to evaluate their accuracy but you get muslims in the east claiming that many of the "bad" aspects of islamic nations is not due to the religion (or its proper observance) but culture or politics...

On 2/17/2017 at 0:31 PM, 'tis the Bearded One said:

Certainly opulent nations tend to struggle with leading a radical faith based life.

Yes, well it can be said that we are in the Kali Yuga, the Age of Vice and Discord. In the Norse Eddas, it is called the Wolf Age. The Völuspá notes, as one of the signs of the Wolf Age, “great whoredom,” which can be understood as a higher prevalence of promiscuity. I'd be inclined to say it's a global phenomenon, but there is certainly something to be said about decadence. When we no longer have to struggle to survive, we tend to get bored and start destroying ourselves.