unavailable

Too old to do this?

5 posts in this topic

Hi!  

So I came across this site at a low moment.  Looking for hope really.  I am 42 and have been single and celibate for 19 years now.  No kissing or dating or anything.  I do want to get married and have children and have been praying to God for him to open the way for me.  The last few years I started to hear my biological clock ticking and made the mistake of trying online dating.  What I found was that men do not seem to be interested in dating a woman without the opportunity of having sex.  Even worse with my age. Men my age are not interested at all in me.  If a man is ready to settle down and marry he is not really looking at a woman in her 40's especially online, he is looking between 20 and 35.  The men in their 50's and 60's only wanted sex.  I have not even managed to make it out on one date. I my heart is breaking at the amount of rejection I have had to face. 

Am I kidding myself that at my age I can find a man who will wait for me.  I kept myself to myself for most of my 20's and all of my 30's thinking that I would meet him.  Do men really respect women that wait and is waiting just for the young/  Any views, advice or comments most welcome.

Hey I understand your frustration. I'm 31 and waiting and it's hard on the guy side too actually. But I know God is able! My friend a year older just got married and to a virgin! Have you tried different churches? God can bring someone from nowhere we just have to trust and have faith!

3 people like this

Thanks!  I know God is able and God is good!  Sometimes you have those days when you just feel like its just too hard.  I am looking for a new church.  Not to find a man just somewhere I can be comfortable and praise God from the heart

I think this largely depends on your reasons for waiting. If there's a moral reason then that shouldn't really change with age. It is truely heartbreaking that in religious communities that are supposed to cherish these moral values they seem to be so lacking...Hang in there!

Its never late for anything, you are simply a good person preserving herself for the right man that you didnt meet yet, i know so many who are looking for a person in your age,maybe they are younger or older, but they are looking for the person, the maturity, the true feelings, the sincerity and of course for love cuz thats the main key for a lasting relationship, but we human like to put conditions. I dunno what you exactly looking for in a man, maybe thats what you have to focus on it to find that person, and remember the age is really just a number ;)