Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Syzygy

"Romance scam" artists

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

This is a great website, but even this site is not entirely safe from those with bad intentions. Earlier today, I received a message from "member" ritalove that automatically sounded like some kind of scam. Sure enough, when I put the e-mail address (ritasimon88@hotmail.com) they provided into a search engine, the search yielded numerous "romance scam" alerts. The message they sent me was the same message listed on these warning pages:

"My name is rita(single). I was impressed when i saw your profile today and i will like to establish a long lasting relationship with you. In addition,i will like you to reply me through this my private e-mail box (ritasimon88@hotmail.com) Thanks waiting to hear from you soon. I will send to you my pictures in my next mail through this my mail box
ritasimon88@hotmail.com"

I have contacted an admin to remove the fraudulent user. Obviously, a message like this automatically sounds like some sort of scam. I just wanted to put this up as a reminder to everyone to be careful in your dealings here. Sadly, even as obvious as messages like this are, some people still fall for them.

9 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0