Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DHZ

I'm gonna be alone forever...

9 posts in this topic

I tried talking a girl that used to know on facebook. Thinking that maybe I still have a shot with her. Since we used to be in the same Christian club(This was years ago). We got along very well, but for some stupid reason I stopped liking her because she wouldn't give me a hug.(This was when I was like 20-22. I'm 28 now.) Anyways, I tried talking to her again today to see if we can get something started. I asked how she's doing, she said how she was doing. And that God gave the perfect guy.

Seriously, everything that I try to get with a girl. Nothing ever fucking goes right.

1 person likes this

I'm not a Facebook user but shouldn't glancing at her profile and what she's talking about give you that clue?

I find that it's not really productive to look into the past and play "what if" games as it only contains outcomes that are set in stone. Be confident in the decisions you have made, right or wrong, and work toward improving things that you have input in (your future).

Not to be crass but, it does come across poorly to feign an interest in someone purely so you can benefit. I'm not sure how the conversation went but if she bluntly went to the point of telling you she was in a relationship then perhaps she picked up on it?

Anyway, I'll pray that you're successful in your search. :)

She didn't say on her profile. A lot of thing reason that I tried going back to talk to her was because I realized that I screwed up.

@DHZ  I hear you and know how you feel.  From my experience towards you, I can tell you never give up, stay positive and pray.  Okay this might sounds harsh, but please don't take it offensive... (I'm only sharing my experience)  

You have a choice:  

(A)  You either stay the same and be too hard on yourself - and maybe turn bitter in life

(B)  You grab the bull by the horns, be positive and make the best of it :)

I want to encourage you and say there is hope.  Never ever think there is something wrong with you, or you screwed up.  Look at it as a building block.  Just like Amarillo said.. don't dwell in the past (the what if moment), because if you dwell in the past then it's going to be hard to move forward, and you always going to remind yourself the "what if" moment.  So when an opportunity comes on your path, grab it and make the best of it.

2 people like this

Sorry to hear that dude. "I'm going to be alone forever". You may try having a more positive outlook and to not purposefully predict gloom and failure for your life. "The power of life and death is in the tongue". You only mention this one girl for an 8 year span of your life. I'd suggest you should talk to a LOT of girls and ask out a lot of people. It's pure mathematics. You'll date zero percent of the girls you never ask out and of the ones you do ask out there is probably a good percentage that with not return your interest so the more girls you ask out the higher percentage you'll have of finding someone who is in to you. The more girls you ask out and the more girls you date the better you'll get at dating. "I'll always be alone" is the kid of talk of the fearful and weak. The brave, strong and courageous keep trying and expect to meet someone special. Don't give into discouragement, fear, insecurity and doubt. Be assertive, be strong, be daring, never give up, be positive and have hope.

There are 7 billion people on the planet. What is so special about you that you are the one guy who can "never" find anyone? Only if you sit on the sidelines, feel sorrow for yourself and act cowardly by never trying, than you might be alone. Not if you act, and make things happen.

I know this may sound a little mean and insensitive, but I mean it in the best way. It is meant as a pep talk, not as belittling.

2 people like this

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. My advice to you, is to not dwell on the past (sorry if it sounds harsh), as it is only going to make you feel worse about yourself. Instead of thinking that you'll be alone forever, focus on the positives and make the most of your life doing things you enjoy. Go out there, join sports clubs, book clubs (if you like reading), volunteer, do things you love and believe me when I say this (or type this); when you least expect it, you will meet someone. There are plenty of girls out there. There is a special one for you.

If it helps, note down all the positive things about yourself and keep it, so if you feel low again, you can open the note and read all the good things that make you, you. 

So tell yourself that you ARE worth it, because you are! :) 

All the best 

Have you asked this girl if she knows any girls who may be interested? If you share some of your qualities and what you are looking for, she may know someone. If not now then maybe in the future - imagine you told her you are WTM and sometime down the track she might meet a girl who is also WTM, chances are she'll at least mention you.

I'd suggest going to a therapist, an MFT.

The thing is that changing the self isn't easy but if it's possible.