Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest markb4

Forehead Kisses

22 posts in this topic

Hey girls,

Another question: How do you all feel about being kissed on your forehead by your bf/husband? I know some girls love it and deem it sweet, loving, and romantic. But, I also know others who, although consider it loving, associate it with a type of kiss that their father or brother would give them, not a lover. So, what do y'all think?

I'm not a big fan. While it is cute, I think cheek is cuter/I like it more. I don't really know why; it's just how I am. I guess that seems more protective and cheek is flirtier? :P

Aww, I think it's cute! I'd agree with Sally that it's sort of more protective thing than a kiss on the cheek, but I still think it's sweet. Sort of like, the kind of kiss they'd give you if you were at a party or somewhere with him and you were really nervous because you didn't know anyone else, so he'd put his arms around you and give you a kiss on the forehead, just to say, "It's okay, I'm here."

*sighs*

Ooh, or if someone broke into your house in the middle of the night, perhaps, he could give you a kiss on the forehead to say, "Everything's okay, I'll protect you," before he goes downstairs with a baseball bat, or something...

xxx

2 people like this

Ooh, or if someone broke into your house in the middle of the night, perhaps, he could give you a kiss on the forehead to say, "Everything's okay, I'll protect you," before he goes downstairs with a baseball bat, or something...

xxx

Do Scots keep baseball bats in their houses ;) ?

Do Scots keep baseball bats in their houses ;) ?

Well, no, I suppose not, but when a situation of this nature arises in movies or popular culture of some kind, then that's the weapon they go for, isn't it? A baseball bat. Or a gun. I don't know what it'd be in Scotland: a set of bagpipes, perhaps...You'd need to hit them pretty hard with them, but at least it'd make an interesting sound as you did it...

xxx

1 person likes this

Well, no, I suppose not, but when a situation of this nature arises in movies or popular culture of some kind, then that's the weapon they go for, isn't it? A baseball bat. Or a gun. I don't know what it'd be in Scotland: a set of bagpipes, perhaps...You'd need to hit them pretty hard with them, but at least it'd make an interesting sound as you did it...

xxx

Maybe a cricket bat, if they're fans of the English team?

Maybe a cricket bat, if they're fans of the English team?

Ha! You realise that, during the World Cup last year, since Scotland didn't qualify, the sports shops were selling football t-shirts for Scottish fans that read "ABE - Anyone But England"? Yeah, the Scots don't tend to support the English in anything sports related...

xxx

I don't associate forehead kisses as a fatherly/brotherly thing. Well I'm an only child, so...and my mom hugs me way too much but she knows how much I hate that so she doesn't dare kiss me. Maybe once in a blue moon on the cheek, if I allow it. As for my father...yeah, he used to kiss me a lot on the cheek or the nose or the forehead when I was a child, but I still think all three could also be something very romantic. But, the great thing about cheek/nose/forehead kisses is that they can also be platonic and friendly. So if my bf/husband likes to kiss me on the forehead, I'd be completely fine with that.

Mark I love this question!!!! Yes I am a huge fan of forehead kisses♥♥♥ I'd much rather prefer being kissed on the forehead first before going for an actual kiss♥ They're so adorable and sweet♥♥

Forehead -->first date

Cheek--> Second date

Lips--> When you want me to be yours <3

Nice to see some girls input here. One of my favorite things to do when I first see my girlfriend after a while absense is to wrap my arms around her tuck her head into my chest and plant a kiss on her forhead before she looks up at me. Then run the tip of my nose down the bridge of her nose and land into a kiss on the lips.

ComputerFox is a romantic! :-)

( I like to do the same thing...)

1 person likes this

ComputerFox is a romantic! :-)

( I like to do the same thing...)

THATS the thing Ian. I am not. I have never been a romantic. I am cynical and pessimistic and no where near romantic in thought or action. But since meeting this girl she has sunk her fingers in my heart and made modifications to my source code and redefined my love algorithms. I find myself even writing poetry now.

Sex is not the only thing I should have waited for. This woman is the one I should have waited for. But, I thank god for my past because it is with it I can recognize how truly amazing this woman is.

2 people like this

THATS the thing Ian. I am not. I have never been a romantic. I am cynical and pessimistic and no where near romantic in thought or action. But since meeting this girl she has sunk her fingers in my heart and made modifications to my source code and redefined my love algorithms. I find myself even writing poetry now.

Sex is not the only thing I should have waited for. This woman is the one I should have waited for. But, I thank god for my past because it is with it I can recognize how truly amazing this woman is.

If I could doubly like this... I would.

Haha, I have nothing against forehead kisses! As far as I'm concerned, the more kisses the better-- post-marriage, they can go wherever they want, lol. :lol:

2 people like this

Once I heard a story that I thought was pretty cool,

Every morning, the husband would kiss his wife and say "I love you", the kiss would be in the same spot every day for a week, and then a new spot for each new week. The wife said she'd begin anticipate what new location her husband would think up every week.

Can't remember how long they had been together for, was definitely a fairly long time, was posted on some sort of thread or article about how little things count.

As for myself - well I haven't kissed anyone yet, well not romantically anyway, so forehead/cheek to start! Or maybe something like fingers of a hand like they always show in medieval fantasy type stuff!

Haha, I have nothing against forehead kisses! As far as I'm concerned, the more kisses the better-- post-marriage, they can go wherever they want, lol. :lol:

I like the sound of that !

1 person likes this