markb4

Hey, it's Mark...Just Checking In!

9 posts in this topic

Hello fellow WTMers,

It's Mark...I was just passing through the neighborhood and thought I'd drop in and visit with y'all for a while.

For those of you who don't know me: I go by Mark and I used to be a member of this site from around 2011-2015. I was also one of the admins (I was awesome, btw). It was an honor to be a part of a site promoting "waiting till marriage" and creating a safe haven for people with that mindset to befriend one another, regardless of religion, race, etc. I "retired" from the site last summer (Wow, it's only been a year?! I feel it's been forever! I've missed you guys!) when I felt that I had given all to the site that I could possibly have given. Anyway, I've been thinking about the site for a while and my friends here and while I'm not coming back, I just thought I'd see how everyone is doing and let you know how I'm doing.

Well, I turned 25 a couple of weeks ago. I'm still single, unmarried, and a virgin. I'm still in college in my last 2 semesters hopefully. I'm still a big fan of Disney and animation and run my two blogs (markb4.wordpress.com and myliveactiondisneyproject.wordpress.com). I'm still a writer for the animation site, Rotoscopers.com. Basically, there's not much difference, lol!

How is everyone here? Vince and slayer and NicoleNove and Jegsy and AussieStig and Kendra and Matthew and Olivier and BelleFemme and Sally and dodgedude and everyone else whom I'm forgetting to mention? Oh, and how is our founder, Mike?

And how has the site been in the past year? The Viewer's Discretion section must be filled with lots of posts regarding this Donald Trump election, lol!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. If anybody wants to keep in contact with me, feel free to email me at aloysius.zimmerplotz@gmail.com . I also have a Twitter account attached to my blog which is @The_Anim_Comm.

It's awesome to be back here...I feel like I'm stepping into a childhood home :) !

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Mark, good to hear from you. I hadn't checked out your blogs before; I'll have to remember to check out your thoughts on the Disney movies I like.

 

I'm doing pretty well. I finally got an engineering job back in January and while it's no dream job by any means the people are pretty cool, it's not too stressful, and it's allowing me to live decently and save up some money while I figure out what I really want to do.

Still single (I thought you were gonna say you got married or something and I was going to be like, "So that's the secret, leaving the site!")

As you may be able to see, the site has quieted down a lot. A shame, too, because we seem to have a steady stream of new people. I think it might be a nature of the site that the regulars get what they can get out of the community and move on with their lives. I've thought a lot about it...maybe we need a lot more not-so-much-about-waiting discussions to keep people around. I myself haven't been posting much. I generally check in once or twice a day on my phone to look at new posts and delete spam, but I haven't had the time or the attention span to participate much.

How do you like blogging? I've been thinking about getting into that world. (Partly to vent my thoughts on certain things but mostly to have a base of operations for some artistic ambitions I have.) I already bought several domain names but haven't set anything up yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Mark, good to hear from you! Welcome back to the neighborhood :). 

I have been doing okay over here. I will be starting graduate school in the fall and I am nervous and scared at the same time, lol. Happy belated birthday to you Mark btw. I just turned 31 a couple of days ago. I am also still single, unmarried, and waiting but still glad to be part of this community. 

Since you left, as Matt has already mentioned, the site has slowed down quiet a bit. Although, as you may have noticed, there is a section up: the Controversial Topics ooh :o. I haven't posted much in the forums either (mostly logged in a couple times a week to look at new posts and delete spam too). 

I have looked at your blogs (particularly your word press one) and I must say, I am impressed. It looks well made. I also have thought about starting a blog but not sure what will be its content. 

Thanks for keeping in touch and good luck with college. I know how stressful but rewarding the college experience can be :). 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark!!! :D

I know we never really talked much but it's great to hear from you! I keep meaning to check your blogs but I couldn't remember the address, so I'm glad you wrote them down here :) Good luck with the last semesters of college! You'll do great!

I started university (again) last September and it's been wonderful so far. This year I studied ancient Greek and ancient history, but next year I'm switching ancient history for Mesopotamian studies, which means I need to catch up on some of the coursework, but it'll be worth it :) In my free time I've been biking around the countryside, watching sunsets and skipping across rivers. You know, typical CrystalFaerie stuff! My mental/emotional health is also improving (you may remember that I have a certain diagnosis which has been causing me issues the last few years) and overall I'm really happy with my life at the moment.

Like everyone on this thread so far, I'm also still single, unmarried and waiting… also there is a certain someone who I am… sort of? dating but he's leaving the country in a month's time so it probably won't lead to anything. But, well, may's well enjoy it while it lasts!

I hope everything goes well with you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Matthew said:

As you may be able to see, the site has quieted down a lot. A shame, too, because we seem to have a steady stream of new people. I think it might be a nature of the site that the regulars get what they can get out of the community and move on with their lives. I've thought a lot about it...maybe we need a lot more not-so-much-about-waiting discussions to keep people around. I myself haven't been posting much. I generally check in once or twice a day on my phone to look at new posts and delete spam, but I haven't had the time or the attention span to participate much.

Yep, that's basically what I've been doing too. I like talking to you guys but there comes a point where I just don't really have anything to add to the discussion that I haven't said before… I would be very much in favour of adding more general discussions, because I do love this community and it would be a shame to see it fade into inactivity!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Matthew said:

Hey Mark, good to hear from you. I hadn't checked out your blogs before; I'll have to remember to check out your thoughts on the Disney movies I like.

 

I'm doing pretty well. I finally got an engineering job back in January and while it's no dream job by any means the people are pretty cool, it's not too stressful, and it's allowing me to live decently and save up some money while I figure out what I really want to do.

Still single (I thought you were gonna say you got married or something and I was going to be like, "So that's the secret, leaving the site!")

As you may be able to see, the site has quieted down a lot. A shame, too, because we seem to have a steady stream of new people. I think it might be a nature of the site that the regulars get what they can get out of the community and move on with their lives. I've thought a lot about it...maybe we need a lot more not-so-much-about-waiting discussions to keep people around. I myself haven't been posting much. I generally check in once or twice a day on my phone to look at new posts and delete spam, but I haven't had the time or the attention span to participate much.

How do you like blogging? I've been thinking about getting into that world. (Partly to vent my thoughts on certain things but mostly to have a base of operations for some artistic ambitions I have.) I already bought several domain names but haven't set anything up yet. 

Nice to hear from you, Matthew! I'll look out for you on my blogs, lol!

And congrats on the job! Anything is better than nothing, especially nowadays! And no, I wish I were married too, but not finished school and not having a job doesn't exactly make for the best husband-material, lol!

I think the site needs more things besides general forum discussions to get its share of people every day: maybe more interaction, meetups, more articles, videos, etc. I'm not sure.

And I quite love blogging! It's getting into my 4th year of it and I've met so many people through it who are into the same interests as me! I recommend it if you're interested in entering the blogosphere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Slayerofdragon said:

Hey Mark, good to hear from you! Welcome back to the neighborhood :). 

I have been doing okay over here. I will be starting graduate school in the fall and I am nervous and scared at the same time, lol. Happy belated birthday to you Mark btw. I just turned 31 a couple of days ago. I am also still single, unmarried, and waiting but still glad to be part of this community. 

Since you left, as Matt has already mentioned, the site has slowed down quiet a bit. Although, as you may have noticed, there is a section up: the Controversial Topics ooh :o. I haven't posted much in the forums either (mostly logged in a couple times a week to look at new posts and delete spam too). 

I have looked at your blogs (particularly your word press one) and I must say, I am impressed. It looks well made. I also have thought about starting a blog but not sure what will be its content. 

Thanks for keeping in touch and good luck with college. I know how stressful but rewarding the college experience can be :). 

Hey slayer, still slaying those dragons :P ?

And congrats on your bday too. I didn't know you were older than me, lol. And I'm sure there's nothing to worry about grad school and that you'll do fine.

The Controversial Topics section was up when I left, I think. I think it was still new when I left.

And thanks for the compliments on my blog! It's a great thing to get into if you're interested in it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CrystalFaerie said:

Mark!!! :D

I know we never really talked much but it's great to hear from you! I keep meaning to check your blogs but I couldn't remember the address, so I'm glad you wrote them down here :) Good luck with the last semesters of college! You'll do great!

I started university (again) last September and it's been wonderful so far. This year I studied ancient Greek and ancient history, but next year I'm switching ancient history for Mesopotamian studies, which means I need to catch up on some of the coursework, but it'll be worth it :) In my free time I've been biking around the countryside, watching sunsets and skipping across rivers. You know, typical CrystalFaerie stuff! My mental/emotional health is also improving (you may remember that I have a certain diagnosis which has been causing me issues the last few years) and overall I'm really happy with my life at the moment.

Like everyone on this thread so far, I'm also still single, unmarried and waiting… also there is a certain someone who I am… sort of? dating but he's leaving the country in a month's time so it probably won't lead to anything. But, well, may's well enjoy it while it lasts!

I hope everything goes well with you!

Hey CrystalFaerie, don't worry, I remember you :P !

I'll be looking for you on my blogs! And congrats on going back to univ. and I'm sure you'll do fine! History is always an interesting subject to study! And glad to hear your mental/emotional health is improving!

And cool to hear that you have someone you're sorta-dating. Hope you find your wedding bells soon!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, markb4 said:

Hey slayer, still slaying those dragons :P ?

And congrats on your bday too. I didn't know you were older than me, lol. And I'm sure there's nothing to worry about grad school and that you'll do fine.

The Controversial Topics section was up when I left, I think. I think it was still new when I left.

And thanks for the compliments on my blog! It's a great thing to get into if you're interested in it.

Lol! You are funny. Hm, I guess I am still slaying dragons only this time they're going to be the graduate school ones. 

Thank you. Yes, I am older than you. When I turned 30, I had people call me an old man. Um, I am still young, lol.

Ah, I see. Then the Controversial Topics section isn't new then lol.  I thought it was put on the forums after you left. My memory escapes me for the moment. 

You're welcome. Ya, I will have to think of a good blog name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now