Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How do you intend to meet your spouse?

20 posts in this topic

So this is a straight forward question for those of us still single.

How are you intending to meet your spouse?

We're all single because we haven't found that person, and over the last few months I've been busy working and collecting phone numbers (but haven't called anyone for a date yet :\ because I just haven't felt it being right).

BUT

I want to know the consensus here for the women. How are you thinking you will meet your future husband, like do you think it will be through a friend, through an event, a dating website or something of that matter?

For me it's a mixture of going out and doing the things I've always dreamed of--getting out in the world and really being proactive about being the woman I've always wanted to be, working on my weaknesses with the Lord, and learning to be a better woman for God. I feel like He may make that connection happen that way.

I also have in mind to put myself out there with a dating site like eharmony and match.com when I believe I'm capable of being a great spouse in God's eyes. I prefer a method that's quite thorough with dating sites, so I would pay for a dating site to do some matching verses free sites that mainly have me pick from a large pool of people that don't fit me. I'd rather have the dating site do some initial matches based on commonalities and then pick from that pool of options.

So for me it's about making sure that I do my part but that I also give God complete control to make it happen in whatever way He wants. I'm in my late 30s, so it's possible God may not have it in mind for me to marry. However, I'll put myself out there when time is right and let Him make the ultimate decision.

Additionally, I don't have many friends, but if I had any I would possibly consider meeting someone through a friend. Open to events too, as to me that's a part of getting out there being me and enjoying myself flying solo and then God can do his "magic" or not. Either way I want to enjoy life to the fullest.

If I had to go by my spirit, I think I'll meet my husband when I'm not looking. When I'm being me and just flying free! :)

2 people like this

Hi Ringer,

Good question. Like tams has already answered, its a mixture of going out and doing things. Such as events, volunteering etc.

I also plan on joining dating sites to see what matches are out there.

If I save up alot of money, I might consider moving to the US. Im currently in the UK, and although my ex had waited and I also have many friends who are waiting, the majority of guys here believe in 'test driving a car before buying it'. Whereas I've heard that there are more people in the US that wait until marriage and it seems to be common there compared to the UK.

But in the meantime, im just going to live my life and be happy :)

I trust God and his plans for me :)

4 people like this

If I save up alot of money, I might consider moving to the US. Im currently in the UK, and although my ex had waited and I also have many friends who are waiting, the majority of guys here believe in 'test driving a car before buying it'. Whereas I've heard that there are more people in the US that wait until marriage and it seems to be common there compared to the UK.

I don't know about the US having more... I mean maybe it's due to the population difference but I haven't seen this to be true.

I'm moving to the Bay Area in a couple months to start my career in public accounting. My career is always top priority for me, but I'm hoping along the way I'll find someone either through work or through a friend. Once I finish the CPA exam (it eats up a lot of time but I hope to be finished by October or November) I'll definitely try to get out to more events, maybe I'll run into someone by chance. :)

I'm open to trying online dating, but probably wouldn't do it for quite awhile. I don't have anything against online dating, but I'd rather have an interesting story to tell people about how I met my spouse :)

3 people like this

No particular way , like the others answered. It's been a year since I am getting involved in as much as activity as possible (carrer, dancing class, Church, even becomng an outgoing person,...)in order to not to feel any solitude and in order to multiply my chance of finding the right person. Yes God is in control, but we have to do our share as well.

... I am still single so far, even if I have encountered potential people. I have taken the decision to not to date anyone if I have doubts. We might go out, try to know each other, but without kissing and so on. To finish, I feel better, but I am still a single person.

2 people like this

I don't know about the US having more... I mean maybe it's due to the population difference but I haven't seen this to be true.

Yeah you are right on that one. The US does have a bigger population than the UK. But wherever our soulmates may be, we will find them when the time is right :)

1 person likes this

I don't intend to ever meet him.

Though I'm going to start taking a collage class in late august (hopefully), maybe I'll meet someone there. 

Though I don't think I'll find someone there (or anywhere else) that has all the important things I'm looking for in a guy. If I don't find someone who has all the important things (especially certain things in particular) then I'll feel like a relationship between us wouldn't work out, even if he is almost everything I'm looking for.

So maybe I might find some one at collage, maybe even online. Probably not, though.

The best way for me to find someone is find a cute guy, kidnap him, and then brainwash him into being my dream guy. If I find a cute guy at school that isn't my type, I'll just try that. Wish me luck!  :D

1 person likes this

I don't intend to ever meet him.

Though I'm going to start taking a collage class in late august (hopefully), maybe I'll meet someone there. 

Though I don't think I'll find someone there (or anywhere else) that has all the important things I'm looking for in a guy. If I don't find someone who has all the important things (especially certain things in particular) then I'll feel like a relationship between us wouldn't work out, even if he is almost everything I'm looking for.

So maybe I might find some one at collage, maybe even online. Probably not, though.

The best way for me to find someone is find a cute guy, kidnap him, and then brainwash him into being my dream guy. If I find a cute guy at school that isn't my type, I'll just try that. Wish me luck!  :D

You sound like someone in a lot of pain :(

What?

The whole "I don't intend to ever meet him" bit.

Well you're posts since the last time I've been on here have been more upbeat :)

But I mean, I am pretty sarcastic myself, but most sarcasm has a bit of truth hashed into it. Still, glad to see you still posting.

I'm moving to the Bay Area in a couple months to start my career in public accounting. My career is always top priority for me, but I'm hoping along the way I'll find someone either through work or through a friend. Once I finish the CPA exam (it eats up a lot of time but I hope to be finished by October or November) I'll definitely try to get out to more events, maybe I'll run into someone by chance. :)

I'm open to trying online dating, but probably wouldn't do it for quite awhile. I don't have anything against online dating, but I'd rather have an interesting story to tell people about how I met my spouse :)

The bay area... well while you're up there you should definitely go to the House of Prime Rib, that was my favorite restaurant up there. I mean, the French Laundry was near where I used to live before but it's not worth the price they charge.

No particular way , like the others answered. It's been a year since I am getting involved in as much as activity as possible (carrer, dancing class, Church, even becomng an outgoing person,...)in order to not to feel any solitude and in order to multiply my chance of finding the right person. Yes God is in control, but we have to do our share as well.

... I am still single so far, even if I have encountered potential people. I have taken the decision to not to date anyone if I have doubts. We might go out, try to know each other, but without kissing and so on. To finish, I feel better, but I am still a single person.

Doubting someone is a huge red flag when it comes to dating.

But I took dancing class last year thinking it would be a good way to meet girls, only to find out that most of the dance classes are now filled with men (so it was obvious I wasn't the only guy with that idea haha). Dancing is fun though but I think you're doing the same things I'm doing hope you progress forward and find what you're looking for :)

Yeah you are right on that one. The US does have a bigger population than the UK. But wherever our soulmates may be, we will find them when the time is right :)

Since you said the word "soul mate" I want to play the antagonist here. :)

How do you theorize about people who die young or who never ever meet or marry anyone in their lifetime?

My parents met contra dancing in the Bay Area. They usually have contra dancing social events that are open to all experience levels, and it’s easy to learn. If your real motive is mainly to find someone to date then that's probably better than paying for a class. Just saying :)

LoL on motives.

The bay area... well while you're up there you should definitely go to the House of Prime Rib, that was my favorite restaurant up there. I mean, the French Laundry was near where I used to live before but it's not worth the price they charge.

Thanks! I'll have to give it a try!  :D

Thanks! I'll have to give it a try! :D

First of all, congratulations on graduating from college. Now that you are moving to the Bay Area, hopefully you will have some luck meeting fellow waiters. I spent most of my life in the Bay Area, and haven't found that many waiters. However, I have found some polyamourous and swinger couples!

Anyway, good luck with the CPA test and moving to your new home.

First of all, congratulations on graduating from college. Now that you are moving to the Bay Area, hopefully you will have some luck meeting fellow waiters. I spent most of my life in the Bay Area, and haven't found that many waiters. However, I have found some polyamourous and swinger couples!

Anyway, good luck with the CPA test and moving to your new home.

Hahaha.

Yeah, San Fran is one of the most interesting cities in the world. =)

I don't really intend on meeting my future husband in any particular way. I guess I'm not really one to go out searching for someone. I'd rather just wait and see if I stumble upon a good person that I might be able to share the rest of my life with one day. =)

3 people like this