Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
javier_LA_OC

29 yr old virgin. Los Angeles, CA

11 posts in this topic

Hi, my name is Javier. I grew up in the Catholic church and from a young age I was taught that I had to wait until marriage. So here I am, I'll be 30 next month and still a virgin.

It is not looking good for me as male virgins are undesirable. All my life, I had hoped that my wife and I would be virgins on our wedding night but I pretty much have given up hope of that happening. Sometimes I wonder if waiting for marriage is a dumb idea but I've come too far now to just give in. I'll probably just die a virgin.

1 person likes this

I know this is easier said than done but please don't get discouraged. This site is full of people from different backgrounds and ages and you can make great friends on here. I know it's hard to not lose hope as we get caught up in the world but if there's anything this site proves it's that you are not alone. Hang in there! We're all rooting for each other. 

6 people like this

Welcome to the forum Javier!

Don't be discouraged!

I've got a few years on you, but I can honestly tell you that I have never regretted my commitment to remain a virgin until marriage. I don't wait just because I have to. I wait because I want to. I wait because that is who I am. I don't know who my wife will be, but I will be faithful to her by waiting for her.

4 people like this

Hey Javier! Welcome to the site! I am a 30 year old male virgin and I can understand a little bit of what you are going through. It does seem from my perspective that male virgins at this age are a rare thing and at times undesirable. On the one hand, I know as a guy I am given messages to have sex with lots of women. Or, people give me the silent treatment when I say I am a virgin like they are surprised or something. In addition, I don't think wanting to marry a female virgin is unrealistic either. It is something that's good. If that is something that you want, hang on to that belief. I believe God answers prayer since your prayer seems to come from the depth of your heart.

Finally, I think LadyKaede's video touched on a very good point which is the unexamined life is not worth living. As a person who follows a religion (Catholicism), people may think that I wait till marriage only to follow a deity, but my religious identity is just one component of who I am as a person. I also wait for personal reasons. I think it is important to examine the reasons why you wait and not just the religious ones. There a good resources out there (like from this website) that can help you in your waiting journey. 

Finally, hang in there. It is difficult to wait in this day and age but not impossible. I am glad to meet you as one of our newest members. If you want access to the Guy's Only Forum, feel free to message me as I am the gatekeeper for that forum. We could use your input and I am sure the other guys could relate with you in some way. I hope this site helps you out on your waiting journey.

-Chris

4 people like this

Hey Javier! Welcome to the site! I am a 30 year old male virgin and I can understand a little bit of what you are going through. It does seem from my perspective that male virgins at this age are a rare thing and at times undesirable. On the one hand, I know as a guy I am given messages to have sex with lots of women. Or, people give me the silent treatment when I say I am a virgin like they are surprised or something. In addition, I don't think wanting to marry a female virgin is unrealistic either. It is something that's good. If that is something that you want, hang on to that belief. I believe God answers prayer since your prayer seems to come from the depth of your heart.\

-Chris

Hey Chris! It's nice to meet you. It sounds like you know exactly what I am going through. A lot of my friends are starting to get married and I am barely looking to meet someone. That makes me feel even worse haha. Four of my friends will be married this year.

Yes, I would like to join the Guy's forum. Thanks.

Hey Chris! It's nice to meet you. It sounds like you know exactly what I am going through. A lot of my friends are starting to get married and I am barely looking to meet someone. That makes me feel even worse haha. Four of my friends will be married this year.

Yes, I would like to join the Guy's forum. Thanks.

Hey Javier! I can relate with you (especially on how you feel lol).

I will let you into the forum. Welcome, :)

1 person likes this

You're just one year older than me, Javier. Relax, and let's celebrate and live this so-called dumb idea together. ;)

1 person likes this

Welcome to the site Javier! Don't feel alone, there seems to be a lot of us out there!

Welcome to the site Javier :)

I second what Chris and Syzygy and everyone have told you : don't give up and discouraged.

I'm a christian virgin and my dream is to marry a christian virgin man who have been waiting for me also.

I do respect you a lot !

Hold on ! THat's a beautiful thing you have done and as Chris said, it's important to examine the true reasons of your waiting.

May God help you in this journey !