Alyssa12

Hi

49 posts in this topic

That's a good question lol. I love Italian food. I also like some Portuguese food. I love some Mexican foods too. I'm not really familiar with other cultures. I would probably say pasta is my favourite. I guess it all depends on what I feel like having. What's your favourite?

Portuguese food? what is a Portuguese dish? I'm curious now. So does this mean you're Italian?

Personally I love pizza, curry and a good sandwich. Been trying to become vegetarian though since it is healthier but not sure how I'm going to do that.

How do you entertain yourself, like if you go out with friends what activity do you tend to do?

I am Portuguese actually. My favourite dishes would be Bifanas and Carne Alentejana. Bifanas are basically a sandwich with pork with stir fried onions and peppers. Carne Alentejana is cubed pork, potatoes and clams. 

I'm a homebody so I mostly stay home, but I like going to sports games. That's fun. I also don't mind watching movies and relaxing with a nice cup of tea.

What do you like to do?

1 person likes this

Home Body huh? So are you living in Portugal right now?

I like to go outside and plan doing things with friends. Usually a trip to a park or an area that is new. I'm also into writing.

I should've been clearer with that - I was born in and live in Canada. Here we always tend to say what our backgrounds are whether we were born in Canada or not. It's very multi-cultural here and while we all obviously identify as Canadians we also identify strongly with our backgrounds. It's a bit different in the States I guess where it's more of a melting pot. 

Where are you from?

On 5/21/2016 at 10:28 AM, Alyssa12 said:

I feel so alone with the whole wtm thing irl and I just felt like I wanted support lol. I hate feeling like I'm the only one in the world that waits. It almost feels like you're sticking out like a sore thumb around everyone else.

Copy that sore thumb one. Sore thumb two here, over... krskkk...

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Alyssa12 said:

I should've been clearer with that - I was born in and live in Canada. Here we always tend to say what our backgrounds are whether we were born in Canada or not. It's very multi-cultural here and while we all obviously identify as Canadians we also identify strongly with our backgrounds. It's a bit different in the States I guess where it's more of a melting pot. 

Where are you from?

Ah, I was just thinking that if you were from Portugal then I would ask you if you were a soccer fan (well futbol in europe).

Technically speaking I'm from California, the southern part where the temperature right now is pushing triple digits and beyond. If you want to get technical, all my ancestors were from China which would make me ethnically Chinese. If you ask about my identity however I will identify as an American, that is I have pretty much assimilated into the constitutional culture that is America.

Anyway, I'm glad you keep answering my questions, :)

So where in the world do you want to visit most?

Thanks for the welcomes guys :) 

And yes I am a soccer fan! I like all the major sports...so hockey, soccer, football, basketball and baseball.

It's been pretty hot and humid here too. And very dry - the grass is all yellow and looks like hay.

That's also a good question. There's lots of places I'd like to visit. I'd love to visit Portugal again and to check out the mainland this time, Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Brazil (too bad it's so dangerous :wacko:), Australia more of the US and Israel.The place I'd like to visit the most right now is Israel. It looks beautiful and I'd love to see all the biblical places. Realistically, I probably won't get to see half or even a quarter of these places. Traveling is so expensive.:unsure:

Where would you like to go the most?

Thank you for answering as well. By the way how old are you?

I'm 28 years old

The place I would like to go to the most is Argentina. I just think south america has a lot of untapped potential that we never hear about because everyone wants to go to Europe or Asia for vacation. Sometimes Australia, but all that is northern hemisphere stuff. I want to try going to the southern Hemisphere a little. Traveling is expensive but it can be done if you do it right. I think Australia has some of the best looking beaches in the world and snorkeling in the reef is probably one thing my cousins out there say is a must do.

So are you a Christian? What is the basis of your faith? What do you believe is the reason for us to be living this temporary life on earth?

I am a Christian. I'm a Bible believing non-denominational Christian. I was raised Roman Catholic and had a ton of questions and God sent a Christian in my path lol. I worked with her for a while and she was very knowledgeable about God and the Bible and I bombarded her with questions lol. I began to read the Bible and I got away from Catholicism. I don't care for denominations and really God wants one united Church under Jesus. 

I think we were created to love (God and people) and be loved (by God and people). After the fall everything got messed up so I guess with this life we got an opportunity to untangle ourselves from the sin as best as we can, with God's help of course, and we can choose to be reconciled with God again and be in His Presence and live with Him and our brothers and sisters like we were always meant to. Also I believe we're also here to help, encourage, strengthen and support others and help them fight their fight and help them win their race.

What do you believe our reason for living here is for?

Christian.

I don't believe that this world is a staging ground that is necessary for the rest of the universe to understand how disgusting and ugly sin actually is. If you think about all the horrific things that have happened in human history you realize just how much God must have suffered. I mean imagine having many children then watching your children whom you love killing each other in a large world war. It's just a terrible thought.

Hmm... I guess I should ask this here and find out whether I should abandon thread.

Do you have a height requirement?

I actually do have one superficial requirement.
Health.

If I am going to impregnate a woman, she must be a healthy vessel. 
Do you have any superficial requirements? Hah, since you changed the question I can now use it back on you.

Not really. Maybe being healthy as well as in no smoking, drugs, excessive drinking or eating too much junk food.

Do you know how to play any instruments?

I do know how to play the piano but I'm not very good but I do know how to play and read music. LoL. I used to be in bell choir, but the one instrument I can play consistently is a triangle. :) 

Do you know how to play any instruments?
Also do you believe the world was created in six days or something else?

No, but I would love to learn how to play the guitar.

Hmm, I'm not sure about that one although I believe God could certainly have created the earth in 6 seconds if He wanted to. I don't know about any evidence they have or whatever. I never looked into any of that.

What about you?

1 person likes this

The guitar is the ubiquitous instrument that is found in churches. It is almost always there.

Well, I believe in a six day creation. I don't believe God HAD to make the world in six days but that He did so to symbolize the importance of the seventh day. Anyway, there is plenty of evidence... but what people don't seem to get.

As observation goes down, speculation goes up. No one was around to see how the world came together so a lot of people look at certain rocks and test certain theories and speculate as to how the evidence fits together and well... it's quite bizarre honestly how science today speculates that we came into being. No one was there, and even if people want to talk about evidence, it isn't conclusive because it's all theory. The prevalent science is only "true" because "a bunch of scientists came together and agreed on it." Whenever people say "peer-reviewed" I just shake my head in disbelief.

So... which part of Canada are you from? What are your thoughts on guns?

I don't know if you've ever heard of Kat Kerr, but she's a lady that God has taken to heaven so she can write books on it and tell people about heaven. I was looking up any videos she had on the creation topic and she mentioned that the earth is millions of years old. She said God created the earth and there were dinosaurs there and the ice age and all that happened during that time. Then God decided to reform or reconstruct the world and the reconstruction took place in six days. This sounds good to me. I knew the six day creation had to have happened at some point. I had heard of this age gap thing before but never heard an explanation on it. 

I am from Ontario. 

Before I used to think the States had too many guns, but then while I was reading stuff on the forum I came across these statistics and it's not really as bad as I thought. I think in a way it makes sense that crime rates can drop. People would probably be less willing to invade someone's home or less likely to attack someone or try to rob them if it's highly likely the other person is armed. At the end of the day guns aren't really the problem. They're objects. It's the people using them. If someone's absolutely bent on getting a gun if it was illegal, I'm sure they would find a way to get their hands on one. Maybe people should be screened for mental issues and/or anger management issues. 

What do you think about guns?

Kat Kerr? Been to heaven several times?

I don't know if I can believe such a statement like that when I go by the nature of what Heaven is and how it relates to what is said in the Bible. I also can't believe the Earth is "reconstructed" and dinosaurs were destroyed. I mean, consider this... there was no sin on the Earth until after Eve ate the forbidden fruit and Adam soon followed suit. If there was no sin then there would be no death. It would make no sense that there would be dinosaurs that were killed off or that there was an ice age before God arbitrarily decided to reconstruct the world in an age where there was no sin upon the world.

It also wouldn't make sense for her to go to Heaven unless she claims to be a perfect sinless person. It also makes no sense that she would come back to Earth after going to Heaven if she were really taken there. I can't find any biblical or spiritual sense in it nor can I see anything but deception from what I read when I've looked her up.

I'm more of a moderate when it comes to guns. I believe that it's a right that shouldn't be taken away from the american people as it is part of the constitution. I also feel that anyone who says "why do you need" something doesn't should ask themselves why they need to have a house or a car or a family. A lot of things in life we "don't need" because we'll die one day anyway and it's useless to accumulate anything knowing that one day you will lose it all regardless.

I don't believe people should be forced to own a gun, or that they would have any real impact in the case of government tyranny. However I'm completely against anyone trying to restrict access to them from people who have not committed violent crimes or made threats, and I'm against people losing their right to own one until Due Process has been completed. I just don't believe that there is any real justification to say that no one should own something simply because of it's potential to be dangerous. People can make a bomb out of house hold items and liquids (hence why TSA bans them) and you can easily buy gasoline and burn someone's house down.

I mean, we can't legislate that men are not allowed to be over 200 pounds of muscle because their fists might be dangerous should they decide to go on a killing spree of neck snapping. It makes no sense nor is it fair that someone who is born smaller has no ability to fight back against a larger assailant. Should there possibly be required safety training for ownership, yes, but banning magazines, types of guns and all the like is quite stupid when it's possible to easily manufacture such items with a small workshop.

I also don't buy the whole "let's stop gun violence" rhetoric. I mean, guns are a tool responsible for the death of many regardless of how people want to say "guns don't kill people" but the 2nd amendment states that the right to bear arms shall not be infringed. It doesn't matter how guns impact society or how many shootings the government orchestrates to try and take away the guns, the fact is you can't infringe on the rights of the many simply because a few abuse the right given by the constitution to do damage to society. You can't ban alcohol because a percentage of people drive drunk and kill others, and you can't ban cars because someone deliberately runs someone else over.

Do you have any pets?

I'm a teller at a bank. The bank has been cutting people left, right and center though, so I need to get myself another profession. 

What's your profession?