Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geraldine

Be victorious thanks to your word

1 post in this topic

Hey everyone ! :)

I'm sharing this article from Joyce Meyer

I think it makes some very good points to help each of us.

Stay blessed

G.

"He who guards his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from distress." Proverbs 21:23

Our attitudes and actions are largely influenced by the words we speak. How many times have you heard: "I have enough to clean this house," "You exasperate me today," or "This job is killing me"?

Such words do not bring anything positive in our lives. Instead,let us train ourselves to say what we really mean. And let’s learn to be grateful for what we have, because even when we bend  under the blessings, if someone  is not careful, he can still find reasons to be negative and complain. The speed at which someone can forget the good things that God has done for him is truly amazing!

After God freed his people from slavery in Egypt and opened a passage in the Red Sea, "all sons of Israel murmured in the desert against Moses and Aaron" (Exodus 16.2). In other words, they forgot the miraculous deliverance of God and preferred to watch what they did not have. It is so easy to complain when the circumstances are not exactly as we would like! But often it is our attitude that is holding us (Philippians 2:14).

Whenever you're tempted to complain, think how it would be best to be grateful and say, "Lord, I remember the good things you've done for me and I am grateful for the solution that I know you are preparing. "

Wether  we are pleased for our circumstances or not, it is important to give glory to God in every situation. We read in Psalm 91.2: "I say to the Lord, my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust." And you, what did you say to the Lord?

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 thessalonians5v18

If there is one area in your life where you're struggling to be positive, get started the challenge to refrain yourself from complaining for a month. Replace all negative words with positive feedback - and allow God to act.

Do not lose heart. Tell others what God has done for you. Tell them how good He truly is. And pray that He grants them an issue in their lives. When we trust God more than our feelings, the devil is disturbed. I mean, when Satan, despite his best efforts, can not destroy your faith in God, he does not know how to handle you. King David learned this while being still a young boy.

In 1 Samuel 17.45-49, he said to the giant Goliath. "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin,  but I come against you in the name of the LORD of hosts [...] Today  the LORD will deliver you into my hand [...] ". And he immediately translated his words into action.

David ran toward Goliath, killed him and won the victory. When we face giants in our lives, this is exactly how we should behave. Never run out to meet your enemy with words where faith and doubt mix. Show the devil with whom he deals with!

An action for today

God will give you victory if you keep faith and proclaim His Word. Starting today, make the decision to recall His numerous benefits - and speak with faith concerning  the coming salvation.

Joyce Meyer

1 person likes this