DHZ

Girls do you automatically assume a guy that's almost 28 years has a girlfriend/wife?

14 posts in this topic

I'm just wondering since it seems like girls don't want to take the time to get know me. Even when I do talk to them, I'm the one doing the talking. And I'm the shy/quiet guy, so I really don't have much to say.

I'm 30 it's rough... It seems that most women are married or have kids in there late 20s. Just keep the faith and keep ur eyes open bro praying for u you can do the same for me.

1 person likes this

I ain't no girl but want to throw in my two cents. I've had people that thought I was lying when I told them I am not married yet. I've had people confuse my sister for my wife yesterday, and when I hang out with my brother over weekends in public people think that....well...you know. One girl waitress even asked us that. So yeah it makes it hard to attract girls because even when I am alone I get the feeling that everyone assume I have a wife and kids.

Only time I assume is when I see a wedding band.

I ain't no girl but want to throw in my two cents. I've had people that thought I was lying when I told them I am not married yet. I've had people confuse my sister for my wife yesterday, and when I hang out with my brother over weekends in public people think that....well...you know. One girl waitress even asked us that. So yeah it makes it hard to attract girls because even when I am alone I get the feeling that everyone assume I have a wife and kids.

When my brother and I go out, people always mistake us for a couple.

I never assume a guy is married based on his age, even a man in his 40s or 50s. I may assume if he has a woman and children with him though. 

4 people like this

I never assume a guy is married based on his age, even a man in his 40s or 50s. I may assume if he has a woman and children with him though. 

Same.

1 person likes this

I have never assumed that someone that age is married or otherwise attached to someone else. Unless I see a ring or they talk about one girl a lot. But I will say that you need to watch for the signs that a girl is flirting with you because well no offense to  you whatsoever but some guys just miss that completely.

1 person likes this

I don't make any assumption based on age, but I'll admit that I generally assume any guy I meet is spoken for in some way (doesn't have to be married! might just be in a relationship) until something suggests otherwise. Not that that assumption stops me from being interested, but it definitely keeps me from acting on any interest until, like I said, something suggests he might be single. 

...Thinking about this now, I might be a little too paranoid about hitting on someone who is already in a relationship. Huh. I should probably work on that.

I've had people confuse my sister for my wife yesterday, and when I hang out with my brother over weekends in public people think that....well...you know. One girl waitress even asked us that. So yeah it makes it hard to attract girls because even when I am alone I get the feeling that everyone assume I have a wife and kids.

When my brother and I go out, people always mistake us for a couple.

:lol:  I know how you feel! I've been perceived as being both my mother's and my sister's husband. As much as I love my beard I'm getting the distinct impression it may not be helping to endorse me to my female peers if only because they'd assume I am much older than I actually am.... Come to think of it I wonder if anyone's ever thought 'Why's that older/married guy hitting on that young girl?' :mellow:  :mellow: Now that my sister has a baby, who I adore, they'd probably think I'm a dad too.....*sigh*

:lol:  I know how you feel! I've been perceived as being both my mother's and my sister's husband. As much as I love my beard I'm getting the distinct impression it may not be helping to endorse me to my female peers if only because they'd assume I am much older than I actually am.... Come to think of it I wonder if anyone's ever thought 'Why's that older/married guy hitting on that young girl?' :mellow:  :mellow: Now that my sister has a baby, who I adore, they'd probably think I'm a dad too.....*sigh*

oh no! Beards are cool though! People probably may think my niece is my kid, but I love her too much to care. But then again, she does yell Sam instead of Mom at me :lol: Just give it another year and the kid will be either calling uncle or your first name!

Aww, well I've never assumed that someone was married because of how old they were.  If anything, the opposite: I've been surprised to discover people were married if they were in their late teens/early 20s.  But I always check the left hand for a ring.  Besides, isn't the average age for men to marry like 29-30 now?  Although I feel like here in ny, the average age for marriage is about 47 lol.

1 person likes this

These days, you can't assume anything. Especially with age. Plus, more people are getting married in their 30s and 40s.

Also...if you are the one doing most of the talking, and it's not an equal or mutual give and take, or shared conversation...take that as a red flag to move to the next woman. If you're putting effort to talk to the woman, she should be putting equal effort back.

1 person likes this

mmh assuming no, maybe because i am 30yrs and i wish to meet some1 over 30yrs not having a child, and ofcoz not in a relationship. So i don't assume that 1 is married, in a relationship nor have a child because of his age.

i rather ask a person, i like to take something that comes out from a person's mouth so i ask when i wish to know.

My life journey and My hope of finding the man i believe God has for me makes me to not assuming because of age.