Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HeWhoWaits

Why are all the topics on "Controversial Topics" board locked?

8 posts in this topic

Why start a special forum to discuss controversial topics only to lock them all because.....well, they are controversial. Don't the people who go there or post there expect.....you know.....controversy?

I saw honest debate, I didn't see anyone calling each other names or threatening to kill anyone.

That just seems weak to me. An action done out of fear.

1 person likes this

There's not really anything to discuss at the age most people on this forum are. Everyone's already entrenched in their beliefs and won't be changing their minds. It becomes and issue on boards like this because the opinions shared are usually polar opposites where no compromises are possible.

Instead of just reading and learning about the viewpoints of others it just ends up turning into an inquisition where everyone is attacking or defending their points with hastily googled "sources."

I still enjoy it. It's nice to be able to see where people stand. :) If you ask someone what they think about something they're a lot more passive as an individual than when they are attempting to rebuttal strangers with a different viewpoint.

They're not locked, at least not for me. That's strange. 

3 people like this

They're not locked, at least not for me. That's strange. 

Yeah, ditto.

xxx

2 people like this

You don't have access to that forum yet because you have to have 20 posts before posting there. Kind of an arbitrary number so we could change it, but the idea was to keep trolls to a minimum. 20 might be high but that's what it's set to currently and that's why you can see it but not post there. No threads are "locked"

1 person likes this

I never knew about the posting quota. Is there also one for the "guys only" forum? I'm a guy but when I attempt to check that board out it never lets me in.

I never knew about the posting quota. Is there also one for the "guys only" forum? I'm a guy but when I attempt to check that board out it never lets me in.

Hey HeWhoWaits,

There is no posting quota for the "guy's only" forum. You just need to PM the "guy's only" forum admin. In that case, that would be me,   :). I will let you into the forum.