Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geraldine

Principles for christian dating

5 posts in this topic

I really like some of his videos and have watched quite a few of them. He's really enthusiastic and conveys an overall good message. The problem I have with him is his willingness to pervert the Bible whenever it suits him. My biggest complaint is that he is accepting of sodomy even though he directly references the verses that explicitly state it is not okay in his book "Real Marriage." He doesn't really present a credible argument for his reasoning and instead promotes the idea that if both parties come into agreement to disobey God then it is an okay practice.

If you want your marriage to glorify God, as you should, then there shouldn't be any questions regarding whether or not participating in things that are specifically condoned by God are somehow pleasing to him. He also teaches wifely submission but has completely perverted it by adding numerous qualifiers. He later uses these qualifications to justify divorce for no apparent reason other than it suits his point of view.

There's also some other petty he said she said things that really shouldn't matter because at a minimum he's a pretty good example of why God told people not to add or remove things from the Bible. :lol:

Thank you very much for your comment Amarillo...

I discovered him recently and I didn't know all his videos and points of view.

I think in this video I shared, what he exposes is edifying and in agreement with the Bible.

I totally agree with you that if he perverts the Bible, his advices are not valuable. I didn't know he were endorsing sodomy (that is against the Bible). Thank you very much for telling me this. So I will be on my guards with him.

As I had liked this video I shared here, I went to listen to another video he made concerning  sex and the proverbs of Solomon in the Bible.

I was really disappointed and I think he has perverted the Bible in this video.

I just approve the things he says that are in agreement with the Bible

So thank you very much for your comment. :)

Really like seeing what the principles were, then BAM it's Mark Driscoll!

Lot of controversy regarding this man ~ charges of being abusive (not sexually) to members of his church. His way or the highway, you either agree down the line or are booted out his church (sometimes without an reason given). He is a Calvinist also, fyi.

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:40 PM, Jeremy said:

Really like seeing what the principles were, then BAM it's Mark Driscoll!

Lot of controversy regarding this man ~ charges of being abusive (not sexually) to members of his church. His way or the highway, you either agree down the line or are booted out his church (sometimes without an reason given). He is a Calvinist also, fyi.

Hey @Jeremy, thank you for your comment...Yes I agree with you concerning Mark Driscoll...Actually, I didn't know all the controversies regarding him...But I was just very touched by the principles (and in agreement with them, because they are in agreement with the Bible). 

Then I discovered the man Mark Driscoll...

But I just analyse things and take what is in agreement with the Bible, and I forget what is not.