Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sally

Why are You Waiting?

7 posts in this topic

http://www.glamour.com/weddings/blogs/save-the-date/2009/01/true-dating-confession-i-wont.html

I know that we've talked about why WE'RE waiting before, but I found this article online and I thought it was VERY interesting considering the source---GLAMOUR!! I was surprised anything related to waiting came up, and I was plesantly surprised by the responses!! :)

1 person likes this

Wow I loved that!! And the comments are outstanding too! I loved so many of them but here's one that stuck out...

I too decided to wait for that unforeseen wedding night. I got married in July 08 and finally lost my virginity. My husband too was a virgin. (We didn't worry about it being either of our first time.) Can I just say, I really don't think anything could be more intimate, sacred, and memorable than to experience the feelings that sex brings. It stands as the ultimate representation and marks the all-encompassingly physical and emotional blissful beginning to the rest of the eternity you plan on spending with each other. Each time we have sex now, it just gets better and better and I respect him and he me. Our love truly deepens on this "friends/lovers" getting closer and closer to each other. There is no comparison, no expectation, no regret or shyness. We look at it as we are the best love makers out there because we absolutely love each other, completely, inside and out. I am so glad I waited, I am so glad my husband waited. I am so glad I have experienced all that is most intimate and most beautiful in life. All in all... just WAIT! It is a gubugizillion times worth it. Best friends turned lovers. Why would you settle for anything less. That is what love and marriage and sex is all about

Wow if that isn't inspiration to wait I don't know what is!! It's so positive and uplifting I love it!

4 people like this

Just read this one and totally LOL'd at "The wait was HARD (especially since I have a HOT husban), but it was well worth the wait." Bahahaha OMG

"I completely agree with Lindamay. It's totally worth it to wait. My husband and I were both virgins on our wedding night and it was SOOOOOOOOOO worth it. The best night of my life and the best thing is no regrets unlike many of my friends who wish they could go back in time and take their virginity back. We also don't have anyone to compare each other with so we honostly believe that we are the best lovers out there which makes life a lot easier. I am a Christian, so I was raised that premarital sex was a sin but I also decided that I want to give my husband something that I would never be able to give to someone else. The wait was HARD(especially since I have a HOT husband), but it was well worth the wait. Best wishes to all the ladies that want to wait because I promise that you won't regret it. Best friends who turn in to husbands & then lovers ROCK."

1 person likes this

NATURALLY: everything you said is what i have told my oldest daughter (who is now in college) and my middle daughter (who is high school). Way to go for being so grounded, thought-out and thoughtful about how you want to date, fall in love and marry :-).

Great post Naturally!! All of those are really awesome reasons for waiting. I feel like I'm the same way and so are many others here. It's not like we're waiting for just one or two reasons....theres a ton of great reasons to wait!

1 person likes this