Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jegsy Scarr

Mother Angelica dies Easter Sunday aged 92

2 posts in this topic

Yesterday, Mother Angelica, founder of the Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN) passed away after a long illness. Whilst I was never an avid watcher of her TV show (EWTN isn't quite as mainstream here in the UK), the few times I've heard her speak, I've always been very moved by her faith and her witness to Jesus.

Here's a little clip from the end of one of her live shows, where I think you can get a real sense of her faith and her warm personality:

Anyway, just wanted to bring her to people's attention since I've always found her very inspiring.

Please pray for her and for her fellow sisters at Our Lady of the Angels Monastery.

post-319-0-49970400-1459188209_thumb.jpg

xxx

3 people like this

Thanks Jegs for posting this clip. I am saddened to hear the news of her passing since I am a fan of her network. I liked watching the reruns of "Mother Angelica Live." Her sharp wit, knowledge of her faith, faith witness, and courage are infectious. I am also inspired by her faith in Jesus too.  One of my favorite shows on the network are the reruns of "Life is Worth Living" by Archbishop Fulton Sheen. 

Just liked to share a funny story here: When Mother Angelica was asking for a loan from the bank in order to help pay for the cost of the network, the banker asked Mother this question: Do you have collateral? Mother Angelica responded by saying: "Yes, I have the convent and 11 nuns." Lol. I wasn't expecting that as an answer.

RIP Mother Angelica. I will keep you and your fellow sisters at Our Lady of the Angels Monastery in my prayers. 

1 person likes this