HeWhoWaits

What are you reading?

40 posts in this topic

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:06 AM, Jorge said:

A Tale of Two Cities. One of my favorites. :)

I also love A Tale of Two Cities and own it. I find the first sentence and last sentence of the book some of most beautiful lines ever written.

I am currently reading Bram Stoker's Dracula.

1 person likes this

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:51 AM, Alizza said:

Currently, the threads of this forum. :D

Let us know how it ends!

2 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

I also love A Tale of Two Cities and own it. I find the first sentence and last sentence of the book some of most beautiful lines ever written.

I am currently reading Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Dracula is another great book which I own also. There are a lot really great lines in both books. 

I'm currently reading 3 books. The Dead Student (John Katzenbach), Wuthering Heights (Emily Brontë) and A Dog's Way Home (W.Bruce Cameron).

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:34 AM, Cynthia said:

Your post..LOL

How did you enjoy the ending?

1 person likes this

The Fountainhead, Ayn Rand

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, K.T. said:

Are you a right-wing libertarian by any chance? :)

I don't know, but I like to think of myself as a true liberal. lol Let people be who they are. Respect even when you don't agree, as long as they aren't hurting someone, kind of thought. :) As for the book? I like many genres.

1 person likes this

The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning! they are amazing. The only series I can read over and over again!

On July 11, 2017 at 6:27 PM, K.T. said:

The reason I ask is that Rand is quite synonymous with right-wing libertarianism.

I think you might be what some call a 'classical liberal?' I have a friend who's a classical liberal, but I think he'll eventually find the slippery slope, and "fall down the rabbit hole" of right-wing libertarianism (like I did). :D

Maybe you've heard of the term, 'laissez-faire?' It's French for "let [people] do [as they choose]."

Yes, I've read that. :)

I think that is the correct term for me. It definitely fits. lol Personally, I am very conservative. However, my political views run very liberal. I'm a contradiction in terms. I think it has something to do with being an empath, and my ability to see almost everyone's PoV (even when I disagree).

Im not sure I ever have heard that, but I like it. :)

1 person likes this