HeWhoWaits

Having children?

19 posts in this topic

How do the ladies feel about this topic?

1. I absolutely have to have kids. I'd be devastated if I couldn't and would adopt if that were the case.

2. I'm not sure, I could go either way but I think I'm leaning towards wanting them.

3. I'm not sure, I could go either way but I think I'm leaning towards not wanting them.

4. I absolutely do not want any kids.

I think I covered most of the options a person could have. Do you want kids? How badly?

1 person likes this

1. I definitely want kids. I'm planning on adopting anyway so if I couldn't have my own they'd all just be adopted. But I'd be really devastated if I couldn't have children. We need more people with this face lol.

4 people like this

I fall under 2. I can see myself having kids with my future husband, but I don't want any anytime soon. 

I definitely don't want to have a baby until I really, really want one, but if I get pregnant earlier than expected, I will have the child and love them. 

I'm not sure how I'd feel if I were infertile. The thought of it alone doesn't bother me, but if it turned out to be true maybe that would change.

1 person likes this

1 I absolutely want kids I would be devastated to not have my own biological children, But that would not stop me I would happily foster and or adopt.

4 people like this

Definitely #1. But- I don't think I would be devastated if I couldn't have kids. I plan on adopting either way... and I have an incredibly low pain tolerance. If there's anything worth that much pain, it's getting a kid afterwards, but still... So I would be sad, but probably not crushed.

1 person likes this

#1 ALL THE WAY! If I find out that I can't I'd be more than devastated though. Adoption is another thing I want to do as well.

1 person likes this

I was #4 a couple of months ago but now I'm #3. I think if my husband wanted a child ( no more than 2) then I may have one.

For me, kids are "tuned" to the love of a couple. As in, it's neither a duty nor a right, but it must reflect on the couple's love.

It makes #2, for me, I guess. I do dream of being a good Dad at times. I'm writing stories about "Monsters under the bed and how to befriend them", and I often daydream of activities I could share with my future kids.

But it depends on what my future wife will desire. :)

1 person likes this

I definitely want kids, just maybe not right away after we marry. Wait at least a year or two in order to adjust to our new life together. 2 or 3 is my ideal number. 

Option #2 for me. 

I would love to have children. Yet at the same time if I find myself in life where I don't have any then I will be okay with that too. It all depends on who I marry and how things turn out in life. But if I did have children, 3 is my ideal number. 

I'll take any child God gifts me with. Be that 0 or 10. I want to use NFP with my husband. I figured we would talk after each one to see if we wanted one more and if we could afford it financially.

I do not want to have children, but it's a little more complicated than just that. I would have one, if contraceptives didn't work, but I'm looking into having surgery not to, because of personal reasons. Also, I'm raising my nephews, and I'm good with that. Add on to that, if he has kids...I don't mind bonus kids, no matter what role I'd play. I've never really wanted kids naturally, but I've often thought adoption a viable option, but as I get older and my plans for the future change, I'll just leave it as an option.

not sure if that was clear, but yeah...

1 person likes this

I am most definitely 1. :)

Although if I wasn't able to have children my husband and I could always adopt. So adoption is always a viable option.