rocky111

contraception

12 posts in this topic

I'm not a believer in contraception...being a Christian I believe in God's will, His perfect timing, not being  of the Catholic faith, I'm Baptist church....interested to find out other member views on this issue..

I'm ok with condoms, but I'm personally against other forms of contraception like the pill because of the bad effects it can have on the woman using them and/or babies conceived while mom is on the pill or some other form of hormonal birth control.

More people should use it, and we should help everyone have access to it and understand it. 

I plan to do my best not to have a kid before I'm sure I want to and am ready for that change.

5 people like this

I'm ok with condoms, but I'm personally against other forms of contraception like the pill because of the bad effects it can have on the woman using them and/or babies conceived while mom is on the pill or some other form of hormonal birth control.

Thank you for your thoughts AE..

1 person likes this

difficult to answer...but if you feel convicted to let God decide then who am I to argue..?..Whilst I uderstand these beliefs are not going to be overly popular they are for me and I would like to let God decide family size after my marriage.

I have absolutely no problem with contraception as a concept. Side effects of pills concerns me particularly regarding their effect on possible offspring and of course my wife.

difficult to answer...but if you feel convicted to let God decide then who am I to argue..?..Whilst I uderstand these beliefs are not going to be overly popular they are for me and I would like to let God decide family size after my marriage.

I would consider such an approach to be recklessly un-Christian. Consider Matthew 4:5-7 regarding testing God. 

Being a parent is a MASSIVE responsibility both economically and spiritually which you probably are not fully aware of. Conception is a natural, possible consequence of sex. Don't expect God to completely manage the outcome of your reckless choices. 

Would you apply this logic to other areas of life? Would you tell God:

- I will jump of this cliff - you, God, break my fall.

- I will randomly invest my income and not vet the investee - you, God, manage the outcome.

- I will gamble this money - you, God, ensure I win and can feed my growing family.

- I will have unprotected sex - you, God, ensure I don't contract any STDs.

- I will eat whatever my hands find and my mind finds appetising - you, God, manage the outcomes on my health.

- I will marry whoever asks me - you, God, manage the outcome.

- I won't stop and look when crossing the road - you, God, manage the outcome.

Yes, God is all powerful and He could easily control ALL those actions and consequences but that does not mean that He will or that He should. You are a moral agent with the power of choice and thus the burden of responsibility and of consequence. You cannot place on God the responsibility and burden of your choices when He has not consented to do so. You do not have the authority to dictate God's involvement in your life. 

If you want to let God decide about family size:

- Research whether He has already revealed the answer (God isn't going to be keen on giving you a divine revelation because you were too lazy to do the research). You won't get a specific number but you can consider the burdens of parental (and spousal!) responsibility and at what number of children you would be failing them in your particular and reasonably foreseeable circumstances

- Pray for a specific revelation

- Until a specific revelation has been given, do not assume He will manage your recklessness to your satisfaction

(in my opinion) DO NOT have sex however, whenever, and expect God to control you or your wife's fertility!

2 people like this

I'm not Christian so condoms or pills for me are fine, but I think women should consider the side effects when using pills. 

In our country, sex is a sensitive topic. Our tradition is waiting till marriage, but now the young generation doesn't care. A lot of people have sex before marriage and it becomes something natural. Sometimes family even encourages it because the infertility ratio is increasing (having children is somewhat a must in VN).

But when it comes to education, people still avoid it. Many argue that if students were taught about sex, they would try to have sex, and it's dangerous (I know this argument is partly true). I remembered when I had Biology class in grade 8 which talked about human's sexual organs, the teacher avoided that lesson and told us to read it ourselves. She was like, 40 years old and when she mentioned the word "sexual" her face still turned red @@

Ironically, they avoid to educate young student about sex, and people still have sex at early ages. I've seen SO many naive girls had sex before marriage, got abortion many times, or when the boy knew she was pregnant they ran away. People who is married sometimes get unwanted pregnancies (they have enough kids - in some cases having more than 2 kids is illegal, they are too young or too old, they want to pursue career etc.) After many abortions some women can never have kids again. And then they regret they killed their unborn child(ren).

Social media used to report some cases in which the mother gave birth in a forest then left the child there alone. When someone found the child he was bitten by wild dogs, losing one leg and his penis. Such a painful story. 

And another story I heard is about a man who slept with prostitutes (which is illegal in VN) then found out he got HIV. He felt resentful against women, so he had sex with a lot of women to revenge. 

I don't judge people who have sex before marriage, just wish that they know how to protect themselves. 

Recently I've read some Taoist books by Mantak Chia. He talks about natural contraception methods which don't have side effects, so really recommend for people who are looking for alternative contraception methods. 

We have to figure out if we want kids. If not than I'll get snipped and we won't have to worry about it. If we do have kids I'll get snipped as soon as we have them and then we will no longer have to worry about it.

1 person likes this

We have to figure out if we want kids. If not than I'll get snipped and we won't have to worry about it. If we do have kids I'll get snipped as soon as we have them and then we will no longer have to worry about it.

The only issue with that is - what if you remarry and you want some more kids with your new spouse? Or (like a couple I know) decide you don't want any more kids, get hubby snipped, and then regret the decision a few years later. Reversals can be quite costly and not guaranteed to succeed or even be possible. There are also issues of negative side effects.....

If you are thinking of getting snipped, I would recommend making a deposit in a sperm bank.

1 person likes this

I believe in only condoms and being snipped. However, should I ever chose to be snipped, I will have some of my guys cryogenically frozen. Probably at a couple of different facilities, because I'm kind of a prepper anyway so I definitely would be with potential future generations. Actually, there is some research that the older the man is who produces the sperm, the greater chance for the offspring to be susceptible to certain ailments, thinking specifically of schizophrenia.