Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geraldine

The power of praise

2 posts in this topic

I'm sharing with you all, this article I've found edifying.

I hope it blesses you ^_^ 

"I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth" Psalm 34: 1

David, was chased by villains who want to harm him, decided to praise God, and he experienced the power of praise.
There are a few years, the chaplain of the US Army Merlin Carothers has written a book entitled "From prison to praise." This book encouraged many Christians of various denominations, when they were sick, depressed, injured. The author later wrote a second equally powerful book, "The power of praise." In these books, the chaplain recalls the upheaval that can happen in our lives, when we maintain a spirit of praise, whatever the circumstances we are experiencing. This is exactly what the psalmist says: "I will bless the Lord at all times." That means in all circumstances.
Obviously this is not the unique panacea for all our inner wounds, and to solve all our problems. This is one of many resources, among others, that God makes available to us. This allows to never be locked into a routine method. To bring us inner healing, God has, according to our cursus so different from each other, infinitely varied means. Praise is one of these.
While our inner wounds require us to look to us to focus our attention on our dramas, praise leads us to look to God. Praise enables us to take our eyes off our problems to look to God. Praise leads us to thank him for what He is, for His kindness, for His loyalty, for His love. As we remember his promises, and praising him for the graces of the past, we express our gratitude. I love the words of this song that says, "When the flight of the storm, darken your blue sky instead of having your head down, count the blessings of God ..."
The Apostle Paul exhorts us to cultivate this habit: "Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord" Ephesians 5:19 The grace of God, great and infinite, is the bedrock of the inspiration of our praise. We do not have to praise God for our inner wounds, to the damage caused by them in our lives, but we do it because He is larger than all the injuries that crush us.
A tip for today
As you weigh your wounds and they prevent you from moving forward, experiment on that day the power of praise. Praise God for His faithfulness, His love, His invisible but real presence.

Hallelujah! Praise God

It reminds me how we used to sing in church, to music like this:

Praise brings up gratitude in us, and in gratitude we find joy. Rejoice always. Rejoice in your sufferings!

:)

1 person likes this