Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
William

Hi! I'm new...

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I just found this website and am really excited to find that there's such a large community of people who believe in waiting.

So, my name is William and I'm 23 years old. I was raised in a Catholic family but the strong desire to wait until marriage for sex has been a somewhat recent development for me. I sort of recently ended a relationship with someone who had very different views on non-marital sexuality than I did (a big reason for the end of our relationship), and that experience especially pushed me to a way deeper appreciation of the value of abstaining until marriage. So many voices around us try to convince us that it's better to just do the easy thing, while the easy thing to do might not be the right thing to do. I'm really convinced this is the right thing to do.

Thank you all for your support!

6 people like this

Hello William. Welcome to the site. Sorry about your recent relationship but we will all be here to support you.

1 person likes this

Welcome William! There's a lot to appreciate in your decision. I'm sorry about your recent break-up, I just broke up with someone as well, but it's all for the best. This is a very supportive community, and I think you'll find likeminded folks here. 

Welcome to the site William. Im so glad you found this site. I completely agree with what you said about always doing the easy thing rather than the right thing. So many people i know do tell me same thing. They always do the easy thing and then justify to me why it's right and try to convince me to do the same. I guess it's cause deep down they have this feeling that maybe the harder thing was the right to do... :P  

Welcome to the site William! Sorry to hear about your break up but its a good thing you know your worth. We are all hear for you!