Vanguard79

Hopeful, Optimistic & Waiting for Ms. Right

12 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm a Christian freelance Graphic Designer who recently relocated to finish school and build a life for myself.  I've always been an optimistic and hopeful person but the past few months I've started to feel down about my decision and the way the world works as a whole.  I'm not down with how the world views sex as nothing.  By the grace of God I stumbled upon this site and I'm absorbing all I can.  With each page I read my hope tank is definitely being refilled. 

(Imagining an E tank from Megaman but with "H" instead, haha.) 

I honestly didn't think anyone cared to wait anymore.  The world paints this picture of casual sex culture and that it does no damage and you pay no consequences.  It's very disheartening.  I saw no value in my virginity.  I initially waited because I was a very shy guy and didn't talk to women.  I had low self-esteem until I was about 18.  Thankfully I'm not that way anymore. Now I'm waiting because I see how sex bonds you with people and the damage it can cause when not used in marriage.

(Thanks www.moralrevolution.com) I only want to share that part of myself (no pun intended.) with the right girl. It's still not easy but it's things like this that keep hope alive and reinforces my decision.  I'd like to hear from anyone who's had a similar experience or if you just want to say hey.  Bonus pts if you're located in Eastern PA.  I moved recently so I don't know many people yet but I'm outgoing and looking for ways to socialize.  I am Christian but I'm open-minded and don't judge anyone.  I sincerely thank all of those responsible for this.  The world needs this in the worst way.

Godspeed

11 people like this

Welcome, Vanguard79. I also do graphic design but not freelance (wish I did). :)

I'm also new here and am relieved to find this community, its very encouraging to find others who are waiting. I know too well (others too!) the frustration of how society treats sex as anything but a sacred and exclusive gift for your one and only. So finding this forum is nice, when you see that you're not so alone. :)

2 people like this

Welcome! We're glad to have you with us. You can make great friends here.  :)

1 person likes this

Welcome to the site, www.moralrevolution.com is a great website, Ive heard Kris Vallotton speak at a couple conferences, he is amazing! 

1 person likes this

Hello,

I totally agree with you. I have been waiting to meet the right guy. I have said no to so many because they shared different beliefs regarding love and sex. I don't equate sex with morality. But I believe it must happen when you have completely fallen in love with someone and decide to spend the rest of your life with that particular person. It's sad that most people think otherwise these days.

2 people like this

Welcome!

By the grace of God I stumbled upon this site and I'm absorbing all I can.  With each page I read my hope tank is definitely being refilled. 

(Imagining an E tank from Megaman but with "H" instead, haha.)

As a huge Mega Man fan, this made me chuckle lol

1 person likes this

Welcome!

As a huge Mega Man fan, this made me chuckle lol

Off-topic (welcome to the site, Vanguard!), but you should close your eyes, click this video, and see if you recognize the song.