Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Older men will be able to go into girls bathrooms in alberta

6 posts in this topic

I always find it kind of amusing that the people who write these things seem to forget trans MEN exist too. What sounds more logical, cis women sharing a bathroom with trans women who have identified as such since early childhood, or with trans men who may have been on testosterone for years, look totally indistinguishable from any burly bearded cis man, and whose only commonality with cis women is that they both happened to have XX chromosomes? I know what makes sense to me.

Allowing trans people to use appropriate facilities has not been linked to any increase in sexual assaults in places where this is already the law, and not discriminating against trans people doesn't make it any less illegal to engage in inappropriate or violent behavior while in a public bathroom.

3 people like this

Allowing trans people to use appropriate facilities has not been linked to any increase in sexual assaults in places where this is already the law, and not discriminating against trans people doesn't make it any less illegal to engage in inappropriate or violent behavior while in a public bathroom.

Agreed. 

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver:

https://youtu.be/hmoAX9f6MOc?t=9m11s

1 person likes this

But there are also people with five o'clock shadows who wear a dress and identify as women, and I think in that case it is pretty inappropriate for them to use a women's restroom. I think it's legitimate for me to feel very uncomfortable sharing a restroom with someone who looks like a man.

But there have also been cases of masculine-appearing cis women who have been thrown out of women's restrooms because they looked "like a man." Should butch lesbians have to use the men's room because their masculine presentation makes feminine women uncomfortable? And if they don't have to go to the men's room, why should a trans woman who may not be far into her transition, or who may not have the money for hormones/surgery, be required to use the mens' room? (And if we're going to start sending everyone who isn't a feminine cis woman to the men's room...not only will that be humiliating for the women involved, but it probably won't exactly be comfortable for the dudes either.)

2 people like this

I always find it kind of amusing that the people who write these things seem to forget trans MEN exist too.

Your right i forgot that there are feminine looking men, when i think of trans men i instantly think of Stefonknee (the 6 year old fetishist )

the one even the pro-trans community tends to be disgusted with

but its not the trans that are the major problem, its more the ease of access for Voyeurism crimes by straight men who now simply would just dress up as a girl and say they are a girl for the day and get free access.

its the Sex offenders that cross dress (the ones that get caught all the time because they dress as a woman and go to the woman's bathroom but now if they dress as a woman they can cry prejudice) 

https://gendertrender.wordpress.com/2011/03/04/men-love-the-ladies-restroom-this-week-in-the-news/

its not gonna increase sexual assault, because they aren't assaulting people

(well some are assaulting people in bathrooms but crying trans isn't going to work on rape charges so no relevance)

they are hiding cameras or just peeping themselves, 

catching a guy dressing up as a girl, putting cameras into changing rooms and bathrooms is a lot easier when dressing as a girl and going into the female bathroom is a BIG red flag. you see a man dressed as a woman and call 911, he gets arrested and they check for cameras on him

Now how do you arrest someone setting this up? (unless they are incredibly stupid and record there own face or leave fingerprints) all a guy has to do now is go oh, I am just a trans going to the bathroom (they secretly are waiting for all the  girls to leave the room so they can hide some cameras) now your limited to circumstantial evidence

(this guy went to the bathroom and a camera was found there a day later) 

OR they could just openly be watching now. a  straight guy could just go and sit in a woman's change room 

in this situation you see a man dressed as a woman in the woman's bathroom you have to debate if you should call 911 because is he a peeping tom? or is he just a trans?  

the scary part of that video i posted earlier is all they have to do is SAY they are a girl , that is all

I am conveniently a girl today! but tomorrow ill be a guy again, <THIS is the crazy part

BUT what if they are BOTH? what if they are a peeping tom AND a trans ?

(a Guy who thinks he is a woman but is into women so he goes into women change rooms to watch women change)

what if your at the swimming pool and the said man hasn't had Surgery yet and just exposes himself in the woman's change room?

is that really ok? just because he actually thinks he is a woman? normally when you do this you go to jail

https://gendertrender.wordpress.com/2011/05/28/men-love-the-ladies-restroom-transgender-edition/

turns out some transgenders love the ladies restroom for the wrong reasons too 

there is a ton of stories on here

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885

and then  he quotes this study, Post surgery Transsexuals are more likely to commit crimes

if you click on this study and then click on Figures you can see the comparison charts

not only do post surgery trans have higher crime rate, they have higher violent crime rate 

as well as higher suicide rates

1 person likes this