Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DragonTrain

Can late bloomers still do well on the dating market?

5 posts in this topic

As the title goes, I'm a late-20s virgin. If you ask me why, I will say it is a combination of religion, helicopter parenting, and video games. Just had an epiphany some time ago and I became determined to work on myself and become a better man. I intend to get married by my early 30s. 

I am fairly confident I can offer quite a bit in a relationship. Job is doing well, 6 foot with shoes, having varied set of interests are just some of them. Let's just say - the ugly duckling is starting to grow into a swan. 

As a practicing conservative Christian, my main concern is the dating market where WTM women can be found easily (e.g. church) may be unforgiving to late bloomers, even good-quality ones. I have standards and I do not wish to go for unattractive women, or those with prior baggage - children, divorcees. But most attractive women in WTM settings usually pair up early and I do not know if they mind a large age gap. And I am unsure if women in society at large who do not believe in abstinence are willing to wait for me. 

Are my concerns unfounded or should I revise my standards?

3 people like this

Early 20's here, i grew up around a ton of christian women, and most of my friends early 20's would happily marry and be with a christian guy in his late 20's. I know a couple that prefer the guy to be anywhere from 3-7 years older. Im not saying they are set on that, they just quite like older guys. I imagine you are at a very good age range, in that you have an option to date younger.  And everyone wants to be with someone who they are attracted to. Nothing wrong with that :)

4 people like this

I wouldn't change my standards, I'm of the opinion that finding a late bloomer is like finding oil in your back yard:lol:

Late bloomer or unattractive wouldn't make a difference to me. I'm just worried about it they are like minded in beliefs and morals.