Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charlotteishappy

Waiting and children

5 posts in this topic

Hello!

As you know I am married and from a waiting christian community.

I have older girlfriends who are very concerned about the age these days and I have no idea what to tell them.

Me and my husband wait to have kids but we are still young (below 30s) and I don't think that much.

My friends are one 38 and the other 42,waiters and singles for now.They are worried that they won't be able to have children and whatever I say,I feel that doesn't help because I am ''young and married''.

What you think in this situation?If you were at their place,how would you feel?

Thank you!

Charlotte

Hi Charlotte ! :)

I totally understand your two female friends...

And I want to applaud them for the fact that they are christians and they are doing the rigth thing ...

Sometimes, even if we are christians and we are doing the rigth thing for God, the circumstances seem to shout that it would have been better to disobey God.

But we are always winners when we do the will of God even if sometimes, the cirmcunstances seem to tell the contrary. God is faithful.

I have in mind three examples in the Bible and I do hope that they(your friends) will be encouraged :

1. The case of Zachary and Elisabeth his wife. I was shocked when I read those verses:

Luke chapter one verse 5 to 7

In the days of Herod, king of Judea, there was a priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abijah; and he had a wife from the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth. 6They were both righteous in the sight of God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and requirements of the Lord. 7But they had no child, because Elizabeth was barren, and they were both advanced in years.

So the Bible is telling us that this couple was rigtheous before God, they did all that God required from them, they were blameless...but nevertheless... they didn't have children and they were alreday advanced in years  :o  

How can we understand this ? God promises in the old testament that all those  who practice justice before Him will be fertile and so on... so what's going on with Elisabeth ?

I firmly believe that God is fair, God is love and  always keeps all His promises and that sometimes, even if in the reality, things can be delayed and we don't understand why, God knows best.

The good news with this story is that when we keep reading, we discover that God performs a miracle and Elisabeth becomes pregnant in her advanced years 

And the child is the famous John the baptist, the cousin of Jesus.  So may be thay have waited longer than others but they also have a child who was a blessing different from others...it was really worth it.

2. The story of Isaac and Rebecca.

The Bible tells us that Isaac was the child promised to Abraham and that Abraham would have a very great posterity through him...

So, Isaac got married at age of 40 years old  to the beautiful virgin Rebecca (and she was truly the one God wanted him to marry...you can read the story in Genesis chapter 24 verse 1 to 67).

Then we learned that Rebecca was barren :o  But how can this be ? 

This sounds totally illogical when you know that God has promised a multitude of children to Abraham through Isaac and that Rebecca was the result of a prayer answered by God Himself ! :o

And when we read the entire story, we learn that Isaac prayed for his wife....during 20 years ! :o  He begged God during all this time...and God answered and she became pregnant with twins : Esau and Jacob. So he became father at the age of 60 years old...

For some, that may seem ridiculous but for me, it is the deep beauty of God. He does things whenever He wants in the way He wants. He is God. And His ways are perfect, beautiful and beyond our human understandings... Beautiful God.

3.The story of Sarah, the wife of Abraham, the mother of Isaac,  who became pregnant at the age of 89 years old     :blink: while Abraham was 99 years old himself.

God has a great sense of humor  :lol:

And may be your friends migth tell : "Yes, but all those stories are in the Bible and it was in the past, what is the answer today ?"

Well, I believe that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. He doesn't change. What He was able to do in the past, He can do again today.

That is my faith. I trust God with all my heart. And I believe His purposes and plans for those who trust Him are always good.

Now, I can give you examples of current celebrities who got pregnant in their forties and everything is allrigth.

Plus, nowadays, there are a lot of women becoming pregnant in their forties...

Halle Berry, her first child at 41 years old, and the second at 46. And others...

http://www.todaysparent.com/blogs/celebrity-candy/40-and-pregnant-celebrities-we-love/ 

An article that can be helpful : http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/29/the-crumbling-post-35-pregnancy-myth.html

Testimonies of late pregnancies;

testimonies of pregnancies.pdf

I hope my answer helps...

3 people like this

Hi Charlotte ! :)

I totally understand your two female friends...

And I want to applaud them for the fact that they are christians and they are doing the rigth thing ...

Sometimes, even if we are christians and we are doing the rigth thing for God, the circumstances seem to shout that it would have been better to disobey God.

But we are always winners when we do the will of God even if sometimes, the cirmcunstances seem to tell the contrary. God is faithful.

I have in mind three examples in the Bible and I do hope that they will be encouraged :

1. The case of Zachary and Elisabeth his wife. I was shocked when I read those verses:

Luke chapter one verse 5 to 7

In the days of Herod, king of Judea, there was a priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abijah; and he had a wife from the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth. 6They were both righteous in the sight of God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and requirements of the Lord. 7But they had no child, because Elizabeth was barren, and they were both advanced in years.

So the Bible is telling us that this couple was rigtheous before God, they did all that God required from them, they were blameless...but nevertheless... they didn't have children and they were alreday advanced in years  :o  

How can we understand this ? God promises in the old testament that all those  who practice justice before Him will be fertile and so on... so what's going on with Elisabeth ?

I firmly believe that God is fair, God is love and  always keeps all His promises and that sometimes, even if in the reality, things can be delayed and we don't understand why, God knows best.

The good news with this story is that when we keep reading, we discover that God performs a miracle and Elisabeth becomes pregnant in her advanced years 

And the child is the famous John the baptist, the cousin of Jesus.  So may be thay have waited longer than others but they also have a child who was a blessing different from others...it was really worth it.

2. The story of Isaac and Rebecca.

The Bible tells us that Isaac was the child promised to Abraham and that Abraham would have a very great posterity through him...

So, Isaac got married at age of 40 years old  to the beautiful virgin Rebecca (and she was truly the one God wanted him to marry...you can read the story in Genesis chapter 24 verse 1 to 67).

Then we learned that Rebecca was barren :o  But how can this be ? 

This sounds totally illogical when you know that God has promised a multitude of children to Abraham through Isaac and that Rebecca was the result of a prayer answered by God Himself ! :o

And when we read the entire story, we learn that Isaac prayed for his wife....during 20 years ! :o  He begged God during all this time...and God answered and she became pregnant with twins : Esau and Jacob. So he became father at the age of 60 years old...

For some, that may seem ridiculous but for me, it is the deep beauty of God. He does things whenever He wants in the way He wants. He is God. And His ways are perfect, beautiful and beyond our human understandings... Beautiful God.

3.The story of Sarah, the wife of Abraham, the mother of Isaac,  who became pregnant at the age of 89 years old     :blink: while Abraham was 99 years old himself.

God has a great sense of humor  :lol:

And may be your friends migth tell : "Yes, but all those stories are in the Bible and it was in the past, what is the answer today ?"

Well, I believe that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. He doesn't change. What He was able to do in the past, He can do again today.

That is my faith. I trust God with all my heart. And I believe His purposes and plans for those who trust Him are always good.

Now, I can give you examples of current celebrities who got pregnant in their forties and everything is allrigth.

Plus, nowadays, there are a lot of women becoming pregnant in their forties...

Halle Berry, her first child at 41 years old, and the second at 46. And others...

http://www.todaysparent.com/blogs/celebrity-candy/40-and-pregnant-celebrities-we-love/ 

An article that can be helpful : http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/29/the-crumbling-post-35-pregnancy-myth.html

Testimonies of late pregnancies;

attachicon.giftestimonies of pregnancies.pdf

I hope my answer helps...

haha It's interesting we have the exact same stories in Quraan .

4. Zachary  said: “My Lord! Indeed my bones have grown feeble, and grey hair has spread on my head, And I have never been unblest in my invocation to You, O my Lord

5.â€And verily I fear my relatives after me, and my wife is barren. So give me from Yourself an heir.

6. “Who shall inherit me, and inherit (also) the posterity of Jacob (inheritance of the religious knowledge and Prophethood, not of wealth.). And make him, my Lord, one with whom You are Well-Pleased!â€

7. (Allah said) “O Zachariah ! Verily, We give you the glad tidings of a son, whose name will be John We have given that name to none before (him).â€

8. He said: “My Lord! How can I have a son, when my wife is barren, and I have reached the extreme old age.â€

9.He said: “So (it will be). Your Lord says: It is easy for Me. Certainly I have created you before, when you had been nothing!â€

(Mary: Verses 1 – 9)

2 people like this

I understand their fears , though i'm still under 25 . but I strongly believe , dying like a woman without a child is much better than ending up as a single mom with a husband who has either abandoned her or is not taking his responsibilities properly ( which happens a lot in relationships outside marriage , at least in the place and community I live) . It's hard not to taste the incredible gift of motherhood , but I think It's harder to raise up children without mental and financial support of a real husband. 

2 people like this