Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
huntrees007

Lifestyle Choices

4 posts in this topic

Hi. Long time commentor, first time poster. I was just wondering what sort of lifestyle everyone would ideally like to live? I mean, we all probably want to get married, but what then? Do you want to live in the country? The city? Do you want kids? How many? Stay at home dad/mom? Jet-setting?  M.A.S.H. time!

Personally, I'm really attracted to the idea of homesteading. I've spent my whole life in a suburb, and I could do without the big house. I would like a nice lot of land, where I can have an aquaponics lab, chickens, a mycology corner, wild/cultivated permaculture gardens, the whole nine yards. I also want to build a cobb house, or maybe a tiny house. Lots of kids, livestock, the whole sha-bang!

Definitely living in the suburbs. After working downtown, I would not raise children in a downtown area. How many children? Definitely two, but if my future wife wants more, I won't be against it. As for whether one of us will be a stay at home parent, that depends if the right job comes along and can support it (I'm also leaning more & more to home schooling the children).

the whole serene countryside life sounds real relaxing but to be honest, i wouldn't know wtf to do with myself after awhile of being there lol  i'm from the concrete jungle and that's where my heart is. i like the hustle and bustle of city life.

1 person likes this