sheris

what would you want to know about the future

9 posts in this topic

If there was someone or something that could accurately tell you about the future, what would you want to know?

There's alot I would like to know, like how my actions today positively or negatively affects my future, how happy and satisfied I am with what I will have, if it is going to be anything like I Imagined, how many lives I am able to change positively........and so on...

I guess I'd ask if I ever find true happiness. WHOA, that sounded darker than I meant for it to  :unsure: . But I think I have a hard time imagining a scenario where I would be happy, long term (or even short term). I feel like most things in life don't hold much interest for me, and those that do only their most romanticized forms. Even them, I loose interest in them quickly. I think maybe I habituate to quickly. So I'd ask if I'm ever content.

1 person likes this

I guess if I ever get married or not would be one thing I'd want to know. Though I'm kinda hoping I never get married?

Who I should marry. (Makes things much easier). And what the winning lottery numbers for the Powerball lottery are going to be...  :P

Honestly, I think I would want to know when and how I die. Not so I can change anything, but so I see how much time I have left to accomplish all I want to accomplish in life. Everything else can be left to uncertainty but my death would be an indication of whether I should be patient, or if I should do every thing I possibly can while I still have time. 

I have some experience with divination (commonly called fortune telling), so I have some perspective on what people usually ask.

It typically breaks down by age and sex of the querent. Among people in their teens and 20s, the most common queries are love-related, especially next boyfriend or girlfriend. As the querents get older, they usually worry more about money or about a long-term partner. Assuming the querent is already in a relationship, it's very common to get checkups on how the relationship is going, if feelings are still mutual, what the future of the relationship is like, etc. Males are more inclined to ask for any partner, and females are more inclined to ask about a specific person.

Now, love queries aside, the most common ones are money/career/school, more commonly asked by males than females. Surprisingly, people ask spiritual questions much less often, and I haven't seen any trends in terms of age or sex with this. I'm not sure how often people would ask about physical health, because I don't read physical health queries. Mental health I do read, though, and I find that those kind of queries are rather common when the reading is done anonymously, but nobody really asks when it's not anonymous.

17 hours ago, ?????? said:

Honestly, I think I would want to know when and how I die. Not so I can change anything, but so I see how much time I have left to accomplish all I want to accomplish in life. Everything else can be left to uncertainty but my death would be an indication of whether I should be patient, or if I should do every thing I possibly can while I still have time. 

I've seen this asked once in a while, but not that commonly. Personally, I don't like reading death queries, so I don't field these often. The closest I've done was someone asking what his last years on earth will be like. After I read it for him, he confessed that his primary concern was whether or not there was anyone with him.

In conclusion, most people want to know about interpersonal relationships, followed by money.

1 person likes this