Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blind&Broken

What kind of bedroom do you want?

7 posts in this topic

While perusing a bloggers site, I came across a desire she has. She desires to have a large bedroom with a fireplace. Now from time to time I wonder what our bedroom will be like, should I ever get married. I would like a large bedroom, one fit for a king and his queen. Hadn’t thought of a fireplace until I saw her posting.

So what do you want? Small and cozy? Large and open? Somewhere in between?

If I can get a few pics to attach, I’ll show examples of a bed I would like. And if they don’t attach, what I am interested in is 4 poster style with a romance/cozy theme. Undecided if I would want a king, or queen. Another blog I was reading shared pros and cons of each. Smaller bed, seems more intimate, but if your spouse is a sheet hog, or flops around all night, I can see where a larger bed might be more comfortable. Guess I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.

On a related note, would anyone ever want separate beds? Not as an ongoing thing, (or maybe you would?) but say a spouse is sick/not feeling well? I know when I don’t feel well, I want to be alone, but I haven’t experienced that in the context of a marriage/spouse, so I am undecided. And maybe she is the type that wants to be alone if she has the flu/not feeling well, or even on her period, though I know not *all* women have issues with theirs.

post-46332-0-26135200-1449693077_thumb.j

post-46332-0-39061400-1449693090_thumb.j

post-46332-0-47777400-1449693107_thumb.j

I don't have an opinion. I really don't care. Whatever she wants.

What I care about is having a really nice study. A man cave where I can read, work and have alone time.

I want a room with beautiful bookshelves with all of my favorite books and a beautiful desk and a huge globe off to the side. The bookshelves would go from the floor to the ceiling and practically from one side of the room to the other. I'm not sure if I want white or dark wood tones.  I've always loved geography and globes and I've always wanted a huge one to go in my study. Across from the desk will be a nice chair or two to host guests. I want a spacious, open room. Not a little hole in the wall.

I get an awesome study room, she can decorate the bedroom.

2 people like this

I don’t want one of us to get hurt tumbling off the bed in the passion of the moment so I think my future husband and I are not only going to need a king size bed but extra thick carpeting and padded walls!  :lol: 

On a more serious note though, I’m slightly claustrophobic so I think ideally I would like something a little more plain and spacious and modern than the examples here (no four-posters -- ouch!), and definitely the bigger the better. I’m undecided whether I want children but if I do end up having them I would want them to sleep in the same bed with my husband and I at least until they’re toddlers, which is another reason we’d need a large bed.

Yeah… anyway, I feel like even thinking about this at this point in my life is putting the cart way before the horse, so to speak.

Safety first, eh?

I don't have an opinion. I really don't care. Whatever she wants.

What I care about is having a really nice study. A man cave where I can read, work and have alone time.

I want a room with beautiful bookshelves with all of my favorite books and a beautiful desk and a huge globe off to the side. The bookshelves would go from the floor to the ceiling and practically from one side of the room to the other. I'm not sure if I want white or dark wood tones.  I've always loved geography and globes and I've always wanted a huge one to go in my study. Across from the desk will be a nice chair or two to host guests. I want a spacious, open room. Not a little hole in the wall.

I get an awesome study room, she can decorate the bedroom.

Nice one, John.  I don't think the style of room matters much to me either, he can choose. As long as I have my quite area with my library and large, comfortable chair that's off limits to anyone else... 

I love the idea of a four poster bed also. I think as long as I have a nice reading corner with good light and a deep soaking tub in the master bath I'm happy.

It would be great he was okay with me doing most of the decorating.

1 person likes this

Light and airy and lots of softness. Honestly, that's just a room I'd love to have myself, if I could. I don't have much of a preference for a room if married. Something we'd both like, I imagine. Although, I really do like the looks of old fashioned metal head and foot boards, or the modern look of platform beds.