Queen

Are you shy?

9 posts in this topic

No I'm not. Therefore, I am not obligated to answer the second question :P

6 people like this

I would say I'm on the introvert side. I'm working on it, though. Now, as for ideal girlfriend, I guess they'd be a little outgoing (opposites attract, you know). I try not make my ideal the standard because I might miss out on the much better reality while chasing you may never achieve.

2 people like this

I'm shy at first, although I'm more talkative and open when I'm in a good mood.  I open up pretty fast, too (I'm an extrovert at heart). 

I tend to attract and be attracted to more outgoing girls, but sometimes I wonder if a quieter, calmer girl would be better for me.  It's hard to approach those types, though, because if they flirt with you, it's either very subtle or unnoticeable.  :P

1 person likes this

I'm shy. I would like a girl who likes to talk about life and goals. The reason I'm shy I think is because I can't fit in with my peers. I like to talk about right and wrong not popular and unpopular. So I guess I would like a girl who also likes stuff like that. I'm hoping God will help show me what I need.

2 people like this

I'm not really shy. I was when I was younger however. I kind of started growing out of it in my sophomore year of high school.

Ideal woman? I don't think I have one, I don't actively hope for an outgoing girl or a shy girl. I think I could mesh well with many types. I'd guess I'd want to avoid the extremes, the extremely outgoing woman and the extremely shy woman. I want her to be able to talk with me after she gets to know me a bit. I don't want her to never talk to me and for me to always be wondering what's going on in her head, what she thinks about stuff. On the flip side I don't think I'd long for someone so outgoing that we are always caught up in conversations with strangers every time we go out. Instead of having a quiet dinner for two she strikes up some ten minute conversation with our server (nor be overly flirty with others) and practically welcomes the surrounding tables to join in with us in conversation. I'd probably want to avoid the 10-15% far extremes on each end of the spectrum which would leave 70-80% in the middle area.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm shy but I am introverted. The thing is i'm also quite gregarious at the same time which makes it hard for people to believe that i'm introverted at all. I do internalize/compartmentalize a lot of things and spend a lot of time in deep thought/prayer. I don't shy away from others because when I was younger I felt like I was always just someone in the foreground as opposed to a person behind you which tends to draw me towards people that are wallflowers.

I don't really have any desire to pursue a woman anymore but when I did I was always drawn to a woman with confidence who enjoyed simplicity. I've always hated the idea of a dream girl because it implied that I knew far better than God the type of woman I needed in my life. I think there are many great qualities a woman can have that I would find ideal (compassion, kindness, gentleness, ambition, etc.) but to think that I know better than God is a little unsettling. I've never been one to look at a woman's outward appearance because it's her inner qualities that make her beautiful in my eyes. And yes, being in love can also make a woman appear more beautiful. 

I am, but if I know I am amongst like minded people and/or in a non-judgemental environment then I am more comfortable.

I do have specifics on my ideal girlfriends but the short answer is that she be a respectable person.