Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Will H

Miss Universe dumps Tim Tebow because of his commitment to waiting till marriage

14 posts in this topic

In the news today is that Miss Universe dumped American football quarterback Tim Tebow because he refused to budge on his commitment to wait until marriage. He is well known for being open with his faith and that seems to be the main reason why he is waiting.

Unfortunately, some media outlets haven't been too kind. The New York Times' headline said "Tim Tebow still can’t find the end zone" in their report. I'm sure many waiters have felt similar animosity towards their decision to wait, rather than be praised for not letting a relationship sway them from their personal convictions.

It's good to see another high-profile celebrity who chooses to be a waiter, and is willing to be open about it. Perhaps this is another celebrity that we can add to this site's Celebrities who Waited Till Marriage.

6 people like this

Yeah, it's crazy how so many folks are chiming in with lines like: "He's turning all of these hot women down for sex, he must be gay!" Yet if you were to reverse the genders (man turns woman down because she won't sleep with him), he'd be called a pig or something. You just can't win with the media lol.

That said, I'm surprised that he keeps dating celebrities and other high-profile women. A wide majority of them aren't waiters at all; in some ways he might be better off with a nice girl that isn't necessarily in the spotlight. Of course, he also has to vet out the ones that are only in it for his money. Like I said in the other thread, celebrity waiters certainly have it tougher in a lot of ways.

Either way, kudos to him for sticking with his convictions even in a situation like that. Turning down Miss Universe isn't something that many men could do. If she was willing to publicize his information like that, it sounds like he dodged a real bullet.

10 people like this

I admire the fact he is steadfast under heavy fire. Shows a lot of his character.

6 people like this

Obviously, the problem is that Tim asked out the wrong woman (Bro, right here - c'mon!).

8 people like this

I've had similar thoughts as Buster and Stiftastic. Tebow doesn't seem to be looking to date other waiters. The guy could walk into any Bapist church (I believe he's Baptist) and 90% of the single women would want him. I feel like he could find waiter girls if he was being a bit more strategic about these things. But, sort of like what Buster said, he might be concerned that a non-celebrity would be after his money and that's why he's dating celebrities (women with their own money).

4 people like this

â€œHe was really into her, he was sending her love letters and cute notes and professing his love for her. She had to break up with him because she just couldn’t handle it. He still hits her up, but she just can’t deal with the sex thing. He’s pretty adamant about it, I guess.â€

Damn, I cried.

Another problem I see here is that the only women I de Tom around in the last 5 years is these hot hollywoofctupe women or super hot fitness girls .

I admire his convictions to wait but at the same time I think tebow is s bit shallow in this area and should start looking more at a woman's heart then her body . I also think he needs to spend as little time in that Hollywood type environment as possible .

He's still a good guy . I believe he should sit down with av green and have a long talk with him

Another problem I see here is that the only women I de Tom around in the last 5 years is these hot hollywoofctupe women or super hot fitness girls .

I admire his convictions to wait but at the same time I think tebow is s bit shallow in this area and should start looking more at a woman's heart then her body . I also think he needs to spend as little time in that Hollywood type environment as possible .

He's still a good guy . I believe he should sit down with av green and have a long talk with him

All the media hype around this over the past few weeks kinda bugged me. I know there were articles mocking Tebow, but the majority of articles (and comments) I saw all seemed to be pretty on-his-side. Which is, in my opinion, great, because it shows that there is at least some amount of support for (some) waiters out there. Awesome. 

But, I really have a problem with all the anti-(ex-)girlfriend stuff, because it doesn't sound like this was an arbitrary decision for her, and it seems super hypocritical to praise one person for deciding to pursue the type of relationship he wants but then criticize another for deciding what type of relationship she wants. She doesn't want to wait? For some people, sex is immediately an important part of their relationship, and if marriage isn't on the horizon anytime soon, then it's asking a lot to require another person to wait if he or she doesn't want to. Sounds to me like this match/relationship wasn't going to work for either of them. Why villain-ize her for recognizing that and breaking it off so that both of them can purse something better suited?

If we want people to respect our decision to wait, shouldn't we respect others' decision not to?

3 people like this

But, I really have a problem with all the anti-(ex-)girlfriend stuff, because it doesn't sound like this was an arbitrary decision for her, and it seems super hypocritical to praise one person for deciding to pursue the type of relationship he wants but then criticize another for deciding what type of relationship she wants. She doesn't want to wait? For some people, sex is immediately an important part of their relationship, and if marriage isn't on the horizon anytime soon, then it's asking a lot to require another person to wait if he or she doesn't want to. Sounds to me like this match/relationship wasn't going to work for either of them. Why villain-ize her for recognizing that and breaking it off so that both of them can purse something better suited?

If we want people to respect our decision to wait, shouldn't we respect others' decision not to?

I couldn't agree more!

@underthesun-It's cool you saw people say nice things about Tebow. I only read one article and set of comments and they seemed to mostly be anti-Tebow, if I remember correctly.

Also, I think you're right they just weren't a match. I understand why she ended it. I don't entirely agree with respecting her decision not to wait, though. I respect that she gets to make her own decisions and think she made the right call to end it if she wasn't open to waiting, but I just can't respect the decision not to wait when I truly believe waiting is inherently better. I know not everyone agrees with that, but it's just how I view things.

1 person likes this

Culpo has apparently been in prior relationships where she’s managed to get guys to break their chastity vows, but Tebow proved to be a tougher one to crack.

She also dated Nick Jonas, who took off his purity ring not long after their relationship began. After he started dating Culpo, Jonas stated that waiting for marriage “is not something I’m doing anymore.â€

I don't know how accurate this information is, but it sounds like she's as guilty as Tebow for going after people who don't share similar values.  Tebow is probably one of the most famous waiters right now, and she wouldn't have known that going into the relationship?

I can't believe this, I would kill to date a guy that's waiting till marriage, because this shows he has lots of self-control and he's principled. There are lot of female waiters around, who has the same beliefs,i think he's probably fishing in the wrong sea .

2 people like this