Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sheris

Falling in Love and Choosing to Love

8 posts in this topic

A friend told me there is no such thing as falling in love, that we all just choose to love. explaining that, a man enters a room filled with people, there are lots of ladies but he became attracted to only one. What makes her different from other ladies in the room is because he choose her for a fact that she meets his requirement for a partner. and I kind of believe that, (but no such thing as falling in love?)

1 person likes this

A friend told me there is no such thing as falling in love, that we all just choose to love. explaining that, a man enters a room filled with people, there are lots of ladies but he became attracted to only one. What makes her different from other ladies in the room is because he choose her for a fact that she meets his requirement for a partner. and I kind of believe that, (but no such thing as falling in love?)

If being with somebody means just being physically or mentally attracted to them then is that real love or just your chemicals and electrical impulses is that really love ? Absolutely not . True love reaches beyond the body and even the brain , into your heart and soul .

I once felt such a connection for a girl a long time ago and till this day I still haven't had a sexual thought about her . It was purely a spiritual feeling .

Love is the greatest feeling in the universe and it is much more then the sum of its physical components . At its truest point it is immaterial and eternal

1 person likes this

If being with somebody means just being physically or mentally attracted to them then is that real love or just your chemicals and electrical impulses is that really love ? Absolutely not . True love reaches beyond the body and even the brain , into your heart and soul .

I once felt such a connection for a girl a long time ago and till this day I still haven't had a sexual thought about her . It was purely a spiritual feeling .

Love is the greatest feeling in the universe and it is much more then the sum of its physical components . At its truest point it is immaterial and eternal

Well-said!

Well-said!

Thank you,I just feel that we need to bring this back into society again.

And I also experienced it once for a girl a long time ago lol

1 person likes this

Confusing the issue.

Falling in love and choosing love are not to be compared to each other.

You can fall in love with randomly, but choosing love is the decision of whether or not to stay with that person. YOU CAN CHOOSE not to love someone by taking them out of your life and by wlllpower alone.

People seem to forget that and use "I fell in love" as an excuse to do stupid things. Or to accept bad things from people because they feel like they have no other choice, but loving someone doesn't mean letting them walk all over you. That's not love anymore, that's enabling bad behavior.

Infatuation =/= Love

I don't really agree with the term "falling in love", that speaks more about feelings. Real, unconditional love is something that isn't easy and has its ups and downs, but it's only this kind of love that keeps marriages going strong for decades. Feelings come and go, but agape love is a choice.

2 people like this

There are lots of things love is and isn't. There are lots of things that love does and others love won't do. 

To me, it looks like we make a 'decision' to be or not to be; to do or not to do. The definition of 'falling' in love is the reason marriages are breaking and children are caught in the middle of nasty divorces.

Because we never allow precious to just fall. Stuff that fall, ultimately get broken or damaged. 

This is what I believe - make a decision and take responsibility for your decision. When times get tough, you will remember the thought-process behind this decision. Choose to love. 

3 people like this