Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mouse

Finally a website where I can talk to people about this!

16 posts in this topic

HI! Everyone, my name is Mouse. I'm an artist, I'm Catholic, I'm too old for highchool so I'm working on graduating ;) I want to attend college within a year t get my BA in Art Education (or education with a concentration in visual arts, depending on which college I attend) and then move on to get my Masters! I have a wonderful boyfriend/fiance who has converted to "waiting" with me...and though we have some trouble and I have a rocky past when it comes to sex, we are 100% committed to Purity and our love for each other. I'm so glad I found this website and it has a chat! I am so excited! <3

1 person likes this

Welcome to this site, "Mouse" ;) and I hope u enjoy ur time here as much as we all are. We are all here to help and support one another.

Hey Mouse,

Welcome to the boards, :). I hope you find the encouragement and support you deserve on here.

Welcome, Mouse!

I have a question for you, actually. In the comments on the site I often see the question "I had sex before, but now I want to wait. How do I convince a guy to wait on me if other guys didn't have to?"

If I read between the lines of your intro paragraph correctly, you've found a solution to this dilemma, and I'm very interested to hear your tips.

Or maybe I'm reading to far into that "and I have a rocky past when it comes to sex" statement. :P

Welcome, Mouse!

I have a question for you, actually. In the comments on the site I often see the question "I had sex before, but now I want to wait. How do I convince a guy to wait on me if other guys didn't have to?"

If I read between the lines of your intro paragraph correctly, you've found a solution to this dilemma, and I'm very interested to hear your tips.

Or maybe I'm reading to far into that "and I have a rocky past when it comes to sex" statement. tongue.gif

Sure thing Mike!

A little personal history first: I've had two long lasting relationships before my current one now. The first was a year and a half and was my first love. We shared everything together including experimenting with physical intimacy. While we never had intercourse, we did everything else and while I may have felt guilty or ashamed of it, I didn't do anything to change our behavior. Eventually we broke up on account of: a.) I wouldn't have sex with him, and b.) he wanted more "experience" with other girls (and even proposed he'd come back to me at the end of highschool. My second relationship has had a long lasting effect on my life despite it having been only 9 months. If my first relationship was my "first love," my second was my first (and last) "teenager thinking she's going to marry this guy because he treats her like dirt but promises her the world" relationship. Needless to say, the least deserving of the men in my past had received my gift of virginity. At the time, I was nearly 18 so I justified it by saying we were to be married anyways, and that I was mature, and that he had already done it so it was okay. I'm not sure how I came to that conclusion, I just remember a stupid teenage boy with one eye shoving his oversized reproductive appendage into me and it hurt like hell. Needless to say the relationship ended soon after.

Now, the reason why this guy doesn't care if I had sex with the last guy is because he wasn't looking for sex in a relationship. We are about the same ripe old age of 20, and I am his first girlfriend. We started dating long distance as he was away at college- we had been good friends before this and he knew a lot of my past as it was. Being physically intimate was never a requirement in the first place. I often tell him I wish I had waited for him and he replies that it doesn't matter, because I will be his first...and after about four or five years of waiting, he will truly be my first where I don't have to do it in fear and uncertainty.

So it all depends on the RIGHT KIND OF GUY. The first was my first for everything, so he EXPECTED sex...and when he didn't get it, he left. The second had sex with other girls before me, so he had a goal to get with me too...and when he got it, he left. The third, the man I'm with now, grew up to respect women and to wait for the right one in either a strong relationship, or engagement. Through my influence he sees now the strength and meaning of waiting until we are united by marriage...and he's not going anywhere.

This is also our common goal. I didn't think of waiting until marriage until about four or five months later after attending a chastity talk without knowing it was going to be a chastity talk. That's when I became serious and I talked a lot about it to him. It took until we fell rather hard for us to really take it seriously, but since then it's been what we want together. It's difficult to be so in love and not be connected physically, especially with the temptation, but we feel it is worth every struggle.

I hope that helped ^^;

1 person likes this

Hey Mouse!

That helped a lot, thanks for sharing. That's the one question I get from people that I always have difficulty answering, and now I feel a bit more informed. Plus, now I can point those gals to you as an example/resource. B)

Sure thing Mike!

A little personal history first: I've had two long lasting relationships before my current one now. The first was a year and a half and was my first love. We shared everything together including experimenting with physical intimacy. While we never had intercourse, we did everything else and while I may have felt guilty or ashamed of it, I didn't do anything to change our behavior. Eventually we broke up on account of: a.) I wouldn't have sex with him, and b.) he wanted more "experience" with other girls (and even proposed he'd come back to me at the end of highschool. My second relationship has had a long lasting effect on my life despite it having been only 9 months. If my first relationship was my "first love," my second was my first (and last) "teenager thinking she's going to marry this guy because he treats her like dirt but promises her the world" relationship. Needless to say, the least deserving of the men in my past had received my gift of virginity. At the time, I was nearly 18 so I justified it by saying we were to be married anyways, and that I was mature, and that he had already done it so it was okay. I'm not sure how I came to that conclusion, I just remember a stupid teenage boy with one eye shoving his oversized reproductive appendage into me and it hurt like hell. Needless to say the relationship ended soon after.

Now, the reason why this guy doesn't care if I had sex with the last guy is because he wasn't looking for sex in a relationship. We are about the same ripe old age of 20, and I am his first girlfriend. We started dating long distance as he was away at college- we had been good friends before this and he knew a lot of my past as it was. Being physically intimate was never a requirement in the first place. I often tell him I wish I had waited for him and he replies that it doesn't matter, because I will be his first...and after about four or five years of waiting, he will truly be my first where I don't have to do it in fear and uncertainty.

So it all depends on the RIGHT KIND OF GUY. The first was my first for everything, so he EXPECTED sex...and when he didn't get it, he left. The second had sex with other girls before me, so he had a goal to get with me too...and when he got it, he left. The third, the man I'm with now, grew up to respect women and to wait for the right one in either a strong relationship, or engagement. Through my influence he sees now the strength and meaning of waiting until we are united by marriage...and he's not going anywhere.

This is also our common goal. I didn't think of waiting until marriage until about four or five months later after attending a chastity talk without knowing it was going to be a chastity talk. That's when I became serious and I talked a lot about it to him. It took until we fell rather hard for us to really take it seriously, but since then it's been what we want together. It's difficult to be so in love and not be connected physically, especially with the temptation, but we feel it is worth every struggle.

I hope that helped ^^;

Wow Mouse very very interesting! Thank you for sharing! I hope I find someone like the guy you've met, he sounds like one- of-a -kind type of feller :) btw welcome so glad you decided to join! It's so very nice to meet you!

Wow Mouse very very interesting! Thank you for sharing! I hope I find someone like the guy you've met, he sounds like one- of-a -kind type of feller :) btw welcome so glad you decided to join! It's so very nice to meet you!

:D I'm very happy to meet all of you! And you will one day....takes some time, but you just need the "nice-guy" radar. Look for the ones who are always the best friend, the "brother," or the one assumed to be gay. ;) They end up being the most caring, understanding and loyal men. :)

1 person likes this

Look for the ones who are always the best friend, the "brother,"

This just made my night.

1 person likes this

This just made my night.

It made his night too. I was the only one to really give him a chance. Most didn't go out with him because he was the best friend, I went out with him for that same reason...no one is better than your closest friend.