Lovelybeauty

When to let a guy know you plan to wait

4 posts in this topic

Hey ladies. Maybe this is a question for the guys, but I want your opinions. So I'll be 18 in a couple months, and I know that guys my age are not very mature. I'm open to dating older guys but my true question is, what is the right amount of time (when dating) to tell someone that I'm waiting until marriage? Should I wait till we've been together for a while so he'll be so in love that he'll believe I'm worth the wait, or should I tell a guy immediately?

1 person likes this

I think you should wait to find guys you like that you find "mature" enough to date before you worry about any of this.  If you find one, you don't have to tell fellas you are waiting to set boundaries.  You can just set the boundaries clearly by saying something like: "I am not looking for trouble.  I just want a nice date, not a one-night-stand."  Or maybe: "I am not looking for "hook-ups."

Even though you are making your present company a man's business on a date, you don't have to make your BODY his business.  You don't have to tell a man you are waiting at all on a date.  In fact, if a man is getting nosey and wants to pry into your virginity (sorry for the pun), then you can retort back with a strong glaring expression by saying something like: "EXCUSE ME?  Did you just call me a virgin?"  You can certainly play your "woman gets away with it" card by splashing your wineglass into his face too if he gets pushy about it and just leave the table (if its a restaurant, or something).

You can show him a "waiter" he should be interested in at anytime by calling for one to get the check, heh...

I agree with Physicist.

What he said is very true. If he is being nosey he probably won't be the one.

But to answer your question directly the sooner the better. It doesn't have to be on the first date, or the second.

But if you wait to tell him till he is in love there is a chance that you won't want to tell him, Or that he won't take it well.

My best friend and his GF are waiting. She told him on their fist date. He reacted very well because he was waiting too. Her telling him early on helped to draw them together.

If you tell him and he doesn't agree with WTM then you know not to encourage feelings for him. Thus avoiding a heart break.

2 people like this

You are so right aCountryG. Waiting to tell him until he is in love is not the right choice because he may not be a waiter like she is. Also, I agree with you to not fall for a guy if he does not agree to wait. In general, most guys are not willing to wait if they are not looking for a serious relationship with a waiter especially if that waiter is also a virgin.

1 person likes this