Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vesz

Glad to be here

8 posts in this topic

In the past few days, I've had to question myself on my resolve to "wait". My best friend didn't wait even though she has no reservations about my unflinching decision. Most friends have made it known that they have no intentions of waiting and called me old-fashioned in the process. I've had to question my friendships and have been met with a singular challenge - Why wait? 

Coming from a background of waiters did not quite save me from this constant turmoil in my body, soul and spirit.

Then I had to quickly bring to my own remembrance:

1. Who I am in Christ (I am a child of God)

2. Whose I am (I am an ambassador of Christ; I represent the Kingdom here on earth) 

Evidently, I'm Christian. But my decision to wait, is not merely 'religious'. I did not make this resolution under duress or out of guilt of not being religiously apt. My decision is because I know this my body is the temple of God and in my singleness, I will do all I can to make this temple worthy of the King of Kings. 

It hasn't been easy but this is my resolve. And while I may feel like I may be standing alone in the midst of non-waiters, I am encouraged to know that there are like-minded people like me out here. 

Hello, I'm sure glad to be here and I'd like to get to know you. 

8 people like this

Hello Vesz, welcome here also! It was nice talking to you in the chat. I'm glad you have found this community and it's good to have you here. :)

Welcome, Vesz! Its not an easy road, but I believe the decision to wait is more fulfilling.