Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Burento

Abstinent communities?

5 posts in this topic

Are there any places in the world I can go where abstinence is the norm? I can look up statistics all day for Indonesia and so forth, but I want to know where to go in the USA where it is the norm (over 50%).

Hey Burento,

I doubt abstinence is the norm anywhere in the world. As you know it's a very hard thing to do for most people, hence why such a small community of waiters exists on this site. I feel some places force abstinence upon their communities and it's not done out of choice thus there can be many set backs in those communities. People are scared to go against the norm of those societies thus a lot of them tend to lie even if their not abstinent. I hope you understand what im trying to say. According to me it depends on families and how they bring up their children and that can be in any part of the world... :)

Hope that helps    

Regards,

Joseph

2 people like this

Hello Burento,

First of all i want to ask where did you look up that statistics? Anyway I'm from Indonesia and I second what Joseph said above. I can say it is not a norm, i think people here tend to be religious because this is a religious country and some just lie about their abstinent

I hope this helps too :)

1 person likes this

We should our own getaway , the same way they did it for burning man,what do u guys think . It would be so cool being in an island of Waiters.

I do not think you will find any abstinent communities in the USA but you will find few people who abstain for many different type of reasons. Also, it depends on what you mean by abstinent ( celibate or always abstinent) because then the number of people will differ.