Weapon X

If you could travel or live anywhere where would it be?

12 posts in this topic

I'd move to Montana. I wanna live there because of the beautiful scenery. I'm thinking Bozeman would be a good choice. I love nature and would love it if I could live somewhere where it's scenic and where I'm only a short drive away from a beautiful mountain where I can hike or jog. 

Where would you like to move?

If you like where you are tell me why it's so great.

1 person likes this

I like where I live, but given the chance, I would move to Sweden. I love the language, the culture, the scenery, everything. I've been there twice and I felt right at home. Stockholm is funky, but I also really like the little cities, especially in the North, and I don't know where I'd prefer to live. One thing that I really like about the North is the aurora, and the fact that it's dark all winter. I'm a creature of the night :P So maybe I'd spend the summer in Stockholm and the winter in some dark town in the North ;)

As for travel, there are so many places I'd love to go! Greece, of course, is number one (and if I'm lucky I might even go there as part of my university course, fingers crossed!) but I would also love to visit Turkey. I've been studying its history in class and it seems like such an interesting place, with a culture very different from mine. Top destinations would be the ruins of Troy and of Hattusa. I know, I know, I'm a history nerd.

I'd also love to visit the Middle East - Egypt (does that count as the Middle East?), Syria, Iraq, Iran… Unfortunately, they're not the safest travel destinations at the moment.

And then there's Canada and the US :) I've never been to Canada but I do have family ties there, so it would be nice to visit. As for the US, I would love to go further west than I've been before, in particular to Utah, Colorado and Montana.

Actually, given the opportunity, I would travel practically anywhere in the world so long as it's safe.

1 person likes this

Well, I'm pretty happy in Texas. Low unemployment rates, low cost of living, and no income tax are a huge plus. Everything is freshly-built. We have H-E-B and Whataburger, the best grocery chain and fast-food chain, respectively, in the entire country IMO.  :D

But more than anything, there's just an incredible personality to Texas that sucks you in and makes you want to stay.

True, it isn't always the most progressive of places, but I've found that I enjoy being in places where progress still has to be made. I'd much rather feel like I can still make a difference than feel like I'm running away and hiding in an established liberal enclave.

Of course, if that ever gets old, I can always move to Austin.  ;)

2 people like this

Somewhere with natural scenery and snow, probably somewhere in Canada or Iceland.. or Japan. I dunno why, I just have some inherent love for those countries.

Somewhere with very low population and no ammeneties to make it attractive to those that don't produce. Probably Eastern Wyoming/Montana or Western Nebraska/Kansas. Lots of acerage and 40+ minutes to any town above 1500 people too. :)

I would travel to Switzerland or New Zealand because I'm in love with the nature :)

1 person likes this

I would like to live in Singapore, if they wouldn't kick me out. Pretty safe and neat place; Singapore is a country associated with our culture.

I am pretty much satisfied with our place, but not sure about how would it be, in future, after studies. Our place is less polluted, little or no fast food, windy and near the sea, in all three directions :)

And I would like to travel to North Korea once for fun, would love to visit my aunt in UK and the list grows...

Germany.

I've studied German for several years and have several German friends, some of whom have moved to Germany. There's something about studying a language and culture that makes you want to visit it.

Ja, ich hab Deutsch mindestens vier Jahre gelernt und obwohl ich bin nicht völlig fließend ich verstehen viel. Was  für eine schöne Sprache!

1 person likes this

I would love to live in England or Ireland. Not only would I love the scenery, but the ease of travel to so many other places would be awesome.

I would choose Scotland from everything that friends have told me about it. Seems to fit my personality type and lifestyle best. I also love the history of the country and the accent that many of the natives have. New Zealand would also be another choice for many of the same reasons. 

On 11/8/2015 at 4:35 AM, CrystalFaerie said:

I like where I live, but given the chance, I would move to Sweden. I love the language, the culture, the scenery, everything.

On 11/8/2015 at 4:35 AM, CrystalFaerie said:

I'd also love to visit the Middle East - Egypt (does that count as the Middle East?)

Not even kidding both sides of my family are from those exact two places lol. I have been many times to visit and vacation. And yes Egypt is considered middle east, despite being an African country...If you only stay in the tourist areas, then you're most likely going to be safe. The military protects them very well.

Sweden is amazing. It's really beautiful, the people are the nicest I have ever met in my life, and it's a very fun country...oh and if you visit the Nordic countries and you're 6' tall,be prepared to feel like a child. Those people are huge :D. I'm 5'9 or by their standards a small child, that has facial hair :D

Ok back to the question....

Travel and not in a particular order:

New Zealand

Chile

Australia

Japan

North Korea

UK

Slovenia

I better stop here or else this will keep going

On 11/8/2015 at 8:58 AM, Peter said:

Iceland.

Been there and it is epic! I would highly recommended it! You must go to the Blue Lagoon....it's almost like being on an other planet